Brownie Man's First Round Mock Prediction with Explanations! (No Trades)

brownie man

Did You Like My Pick for Your Team?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Did You Like My Pick for Your Team?

• Yes
    • No - (If no please list who you would've chosen)

3 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I dont get the justification of Walker over Breece Hall tbh 

Were a pass first team who just about signed JD McKissic. He changed his mind the last minute. That shows were looking for a more versatile RB. Breece Hall is proven in the pass game and is the top rated RB of the draft.

Oh, I prefer Breece Hall, I do. Walker COULD be the better pure runner, though. Just interesting, is all.

17 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I dont get the justification of Walker over Breece Hall tbh 

Were a pass first team who just about signed JD McKissic. He changed his mind the last minute. That shows were looking for a more versatile RB. Breece Hall is proven in the pass game and is the top rated RB of the draft.

I prefer Hall too, but I think Walker would be a great fit late in the season. If you get into a bad weather game you can just give him the rock. Breece is my number 1 back I just think in that offense Walker would bring something you don’t currently have. 

On 4/17/2022 at 5:35 PM, FalconFan13 said:

Absolutely not for the Falcons taking a WR at 8 in this loaded WR class is just a dumb move for us to do.  You can get a WR with almost identical talent in round 2 of this draft to Wilson.  Heck i would personally take  Pickens, Olave, and Jameson Williams over Wilson and i don't even view them as top 20 guys in this draft.  Wilson and London are probably 5 and 6 on my list of WR's.

The correct move for the Falcons here is to take Johnson at Edge Rusher and fix the position we have been the weakest at for the longest amount of time and a MUCH MUCH more important position and a harder one to fix.   You can fix WR so easy at any given time in FA or draft theirs just to many talented ones available in every draft and FA.    Edge rushers are a different thing they are very hard to come by and keep talented ones that actually work out.   To me WR is just like RB a dime a dozen and you can plug and play solid ones as long as you got a good o-line.

Idk if you saw this 

but Jacksonville just gave Christian Kirk a $100 dollar deal. 

FA WRs are getting harder to come by. If it was one of the top 3 DEs I’d give them to you. But Garrett Wilson is a stud. He’s my bonafide WR1. I feel he’s a more talented player than Johnson. 

You’re depth chart is horrible at both spots, but you need to secure a weapon for your future QB whoever he is. DE you can get in the second with a Boye Mafe or Drake Jackson or someone like that.

Wilson is a for sure number 1 talent at receiver. He’s not Jamarr Chase, but he is still a solid number 1 in his own right. With the Ridley situation how it is you’ve got to help that passing offense. You’ve got to make sure your future QB is set up for success my guy. Gotta have some talent there so he can develop. 

Pitts and Wilson. Now you’ve got two staples of a offense you can build a team around. That’s setting a QB up for success. Look at what the Dolphins are doing. They’re giving Tua the world. Finding WRs in FA ain’t realistic. Not good ones who aren’t injured. 

On 4/18/2022 at 6:07 AM, THE DUKE said:

I'd be ok with Dax Hill.  It likely would mean this is Jessie Bate's last year in Cincinnati though if they did. I'm not sure if the Bengals value S enough to take it round one though.

I think it’s insurance plus Hill can play the slot. If Bates or Bells leaves you’ve got a guy but I think Hill could take over either spot and right now he your starting nickel. 

On 4/18/2022 at 6:31 AM, scar988 said:

Terrible pick with worse reasoning. "They need a WR, so I'm gonna give them a WR." You know what other rooms in Atlanta are embarrassing? The Pass rush room. Bruce Carter is the only EDGE of substance the same way Auden Tate is the only WR of substance. Why do people not see that and realize that they need EDGE? Oh, because they WANT A WR to go to Atlanta and don't actually research the team or their needs or how they're going BPA. 

The picks that actually make sense in this situation are Jermaine Johnson, Malik Willis or Derek Stingley if you're going BPA. I think the Falcons would go Johnson here as they're one of a handful of teams that do have a top 10 grade on him.

Nope. Set your young QB up for success. Just like Miami is doing with Tua, the Bills did with Allen, Arizona did with Kyler. Get them weapons. Then you build the team around the developing QB. Be happy with Drake Jackson or Boye round 2. 

On 4/18/2022 at 6:20 AM, m haynes said:

No  You filled a need however the Pats have holes across the board. The pick should be BPA. Elam not rated that high and you just let the best WR go to the next pick. You also didn't take Penning, Johnson and Hill who are better players.  All players I mentioned are critical needs.

Dude y’all never draft WRs high, and when you do they bust. BB is known for draft for need and reach yearly. Elam fits the defense at a glaring position of need. You guys traded for D Parker this off-season sadly that’ll be y’all biggest move at the position. I don’t think Penning is composed enough for BB too many penalties. You guys need an outside corner and that’s not what Hill is best at. I could see Zion, but you guys need a corner. BB likes Florida players. I think it’s a match. 

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think it’s insurance plus Hill can play the slot. If Bates or Bells leaves you’ve got a guy but I think Hill could take over either spot and right now he your starting nickel. 

Except we have a very good slot CB in Mike Hilton and we're in a super bowl window. Now isn't the time to stash guys a year out when there are very real holes at boundary CB, 3 Tech, interior oline, and definitely need another edge rusher. I wouldn't be mad, because I think Hill will be a good S, but if the talent is seen as close, those other positions are a higher priority. You only take Hill if you see him as a top 10-15 talent in the draft and the other available guys as fringe first early 2nd guys. And it also goes back to not sure if they value safety enough to spend a 1st there, considering they franchised Bates over extending him.

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

Dude y’all never draft WRs high, and when you do they bust. BB is known for draft for need and reach yearly. Elam fits the defense at a glaring position of need. You guys traded for D Parker this off-season sadly that’ll be y’all biggest move at the position. I don’t think Penning is composed enough for BB too many penalties. You guys need an outside corner and that’s not what Hill is best at. I could see Zion, but you guys need a corner. BB likes Florida players. I think it’s a match. 

You just ran off every so call expert take on Patriots. Florida guys, you never draft WR high, WR bust, reach for need. You forgot small school player!!!!

One thing you missed, it's talent on the board. Elam has all the physical traits you look for however lacks skill to be a 1st RD talent. Now if your want to take the So call expert route the player BB would pick would be Zyon McCollum. Who IMO is a better prospect than Elam.

One more thing CB are not important unless you have other critical position filled, mostly DL and Pass Rush. Without  a rush CB are useless in today's NFL.  In the AFC more teams will have to go zone including the Pats. You play man without a rush ( Pats don't have one their awful) your dead in the water in today's NFL.  You play man against the Bills and turn your back on Allen he's running downfield for a TD. 

Our defense players are pathetic. You bring in Elam to REPLACE JC Jackson does absolutely nothing to help the defense without a rush. We play the Bills and last year they didn't punt. Let me say that again, The Bills didn't punt last year and that's with JC Jackson on the roster!!!! Guess what Elam won't change that any time soon without a rush.  Matter of fact no CBs in the history of this game can stop today's offensive without a rush. The Pats give teams all day to throw. They have to scheme pressure and it doesn't work against good teams.

Do you really think the Rams win the SB if they don't have Donald. Do you think Ramsey is the best CB without Donald. Did you see what Brady did to that defense with his whole team in the hospital and they had DONALD. 

How's does a CB help the Pats beat teams in the AFC???? Let me help you... they can't without a RUSH!!!

You can't stop today's offenses WITHOUT a RUSH. 

Oh ya, how will Pats DBs stop Waddle and Hill if Tua who's an average QB at best sits in the pocket for 10 seconds!!! It sure in heck not going to be Elam.

Edited by m haynes

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

Nope. Set your young QB up for success. Just like Miami is doing with Tua, the Bills did with Allen, Arizona did with Kyler. Get them weapons. Then you build the team around the developing QB. Be happy with Drake Jackson or Boye round 2. 

The Falcons don't have a young QB. All of those teams got the QB first and then got the WR. The Falcons won't likely do that. So if you're using those examples, go Willis at 8. 

On 4/18/2022 at 9:31 AM, scar988 said:

Terrible pick with worse reasoning. "They need a WR, so I'm gonna give them a WR." You know what other rooms in Atlanta are embarrassing? The Pass rush room. Bruce Carter is the only EDGE of substance the same way Auden Tate is the only WR of substance. Why do people not see that and realize that they need EDGE? Oh, because they WANT A WR to go to Atlanta and don't actually research the team or their needs or how they're going BPA. 

The picks that actually make sense in this situation are Jermaine Johnson, Malik Willis or Derek Stingley if you're going BPA. I think the Falcons would go Johnson here as they're one of a handful of teams that do have a top 10 grade on him.

I cannot think of many meeting rooms on the Falcons that say, "We good." It is a BPA talent acquisition situation. If Wilson is it, so be it. Pretty much any top player not named London, cuz Pitts.