1[32] Detroit Lions [LAR]: DE Boye Mafe [Minnesota]

Round 2

2[33] Jacksonville Jaguars: TE Try McBride [Colorado St]
2[34] Detroit Lions: CB Kyler Gordon [Washington]
2[35] NY Jets: LB Nakobe Dean [Georgia] 
2[36] Houston Texans: DT Perrion Winfrey [OU]
2[37] NY Giants: CB Kaiir Elam [Florida]
2[38] NY Jets [Car]: S Lewis Cine [Georgia]

*The Chicago Bears trade 2[39] to the Baltimore Ravens for 2[45] and 4[110].

2[39] Baltimore Ravens [Chi]: DT Devonte Whyatt [Georgia]
2[40] Kansas City Chiefs [Sea]: DE Arnold Ebiketie [Penn St]
2[41] Seattle Seahawks: CB/S Jalen Pitre [Baylor]
2[42] Washington Commanders: WR Christian Watson [NDSU] 
2[43] Atlanta Falcons: WR Skyy Moore [Western Michigan]
2[44] Cleveland Browns: DE Drake Jackson [USC] 

2[45] Chicago Bears [Bal]: DT Logan Hall [Houston] 6'6" 283lbs, 32 3/4" arms, 25 bench, 4.88 [40], 30" vert

I think the Bears could very easily go defensive in the 2nd round and they seem to be valuing the DL more than the secondary, as thin as the secondary looks. The Bears missed on their #1 free agent OT and I cannot see Justin Jones making them stop looking for a long term 3 technique. Hall has the size and athletic ability that the Bears are looking for and has the production and experience at the position. Some people have talked about Hall being a big DE, but I think in this defense he is more than capable of being a force inside. He still needs technique work on his hands and could become an even more dynamic rusher then his 6 sacks this season would tell you. The Bears have met with Hall at his Pro Day and hosted him on a Halas Hall visit, so I expect the interest is legit.
Logan Hall || Houston Cougars Defensive Lineman || 2021 Highlights - YouTube

2[46] Minnesota Vikings: OT Ryan Smith [Tulsa]
2[47] Indianapolis Colts: WR Alec Pierce [Cincinnati]

The Chicago Bears trade 2[48] to the Kansas City Chiefs for 2[62] and 3[94].

2[48] Kansas City Chiefs [Chi]: CB Roger McCreary [Auburn] 
2[49] New Orleans Saints: OT Abraham Lucas [Washington St]
2[50] Kansas City Chiefs [Mia]: DT Travis Jones [UConn]
2[51] Philadelphia Eagles: LB Chad Muma [Wyoming]
2[52] Pittsburgh Steelers: QB Sam Howell [UNC]
2[53] Green Bay Packers [LV]: OLB Myjai Sanders [Cincinnati]
2[54] New England Patriots: WR Jahan Dotson [Penn St]
2[55] Arizona Cardinals: CB Martin Emerson [Mississippi St] 
2[56] Dallas Cowboys: OG Cole Strange [Tennessee Chatanooga]
2[57] Buffalo Bills: RB Kenneth Walker [Michigan St]
2[58] Atlanta Falcons: S Jaquan Brisker [Penn St]
2[59] Green Bay Packers: WR John Metchie [Alabama]
2[60] Tampa Bay Buccaneers: CB Tariq Wollen [UTSA] 
2[61] San Francisco 49ers: RB Breece Hall [Iowa St]

2[62] Chicago Bears [KC]: OG Dylan Parham [Memphis] 6'3" 311lbs, 33" arms, 4.93 [40], 26.5" vert, 108" broad

Parham looks like the perfect fit in the Bears wide zone scheme. He doesn't have elite size, but he is an athletic technician who can make the reach blocks the Bears will need him to. He also fits what the Bears need in terms of an instant starter at RG. Parham is super experienced with over 50 starts in college at RT and LG. He should be able to step in day 1 and give the Bears at least league average OG play. For an undersized player he is a physical pass protector and utilizes his quickness to short set guys and get into them before they can get going.

Senior Bowl Day 2 Report: Who Shined In The Rain? - Sports Illustrated  Washington Football News, Analysis and More

2[63] Cincinnati Bengals: LB Troy Anderson [Montana St]
2[64] Denver Broncos [LAR]: OT Darian Kinnard [Kentucky]

Round 3

3[65] Jacksonville Jaguars: C Cam Jurgens [Nebraska]
3[66] Detroit Lions: WR Jalen Tolbert [South Alabama]
3[67] New York Giants: LB Leo Chanel [Wisconsion]
3[68] Houston Texans: DE Kingsley Enagbare [South Carolina]
3[69] New York Jets: RB Kenneth Walker [Michigan St]
3[70] Jacksonville Jaguars: LB Christiann Harris [Alabama]

3[71] OT Zach Tom [Wake Forest] 6'4" 304lbs, 33 1/4" arms, 4.94 [40], 33" vert, 1198" broad

Tom is a versatile and athletic player, who despite not being the biggest and strongest guy has shut down a number of ACC rushers. He has exceptional movement skills, balance, and uses angles to his advantage. He may be an OG in the NFL because his lack of ideal length, but I think you can also try him at OT. Best case scenario is that he takes Whitehairs job and becomes the LG for the next decade. Worse case scenario is that he competes and provides depth at RT, RG and LT.

Zach Tom impresses at NFL Combine - Blogger So Dear

3[94] CB Jalyn Armour-Davis [Alabama] 6'1" 197lbs, 31" arms, 4.39 [40], 34.5" vert

The Bears do not seem like they want to make a big commitment at CB, the system does not demand studs at CB, but they do need competition and depth. Amour-Davis has the length, size and speed, that Flus has talked about. He has some rough edges, but this defense should be built for a guy who knows the zone coverages and has run a complex defense in college. Davis can compete with Graham and give the Bears a bigger more physical player at CB2.

Alabama DB Jalyn Armour-Davis Declares for NFL Draft - Sports Illustrated  Alabama Crimson Tide News, Analysis and More

4[110] WR Tyquan Thornton [Baylor] 6'2" 181lbs, 4.28 [40], 36.5" very, 130" broad

The Bears need WR help, but the buzz seems to be that they will wait and take advantage of the depth of this class. Thornton is not a polished WR, but he has elite speed and explosion and can hopefully be productive as a #3 target this season. The Bears do not have a lot of size at WR, and they need more speed. With Fields ability to throw the deep ball we could see a role for Thornton early. 15 yards per catch is exactly what the Bears need.

Tyquan Thornton sets 40-yard dash record video: Watch Baylor WR run 4.21  40-yard dash - DraftKings Nation

5[148] S Leon O'Neal [Texas A&M] 6' 204lbs, 15 reps, 35" vert, 125" broad

A well built safety that has good explosiveness and is  reliable tackler. He had 2 interceptions last season and 5 passes defensed and should step right into the competition the Bears have at SS. At a minimum he provides developmental depth at a spot where Jackson's future is up in the air after 2022.

Packers meet virtually with Texas A&M S Leon O'Neal

5[150] WR Jalen Nailor [Michigan St] 6' 190lbs, 4.5 [40], 38" vert, 128" broad

Another WR with good speed and explosiveness. Nailor has been connected to the Bears during the pre-draft process and would fill a developmental spot for the Bears. He was a state champion sprinter and can play on the outside. He is also an aggressive run blocker for a smaller WR, which seems to be something the Bears are valuing pretty highly.

Michigan State WR Jalen Nailor to play in Peach Bowl vs. Pitt

6[160] LB Malcolm Rodriguez [Oklahoma St] 5'11" 225lbs, 4.52 [40], 39.5" vert, 120" broad 

The Bears are short on LB depth and they seem to be focused on adding speed at the 2nd level of the defense. Rodriguez does not have the ideal size, but he is fast and explosive nad a productive player in the Big 12. He is likely never going to be more than a backup MLB and special teamer, but he has unique physical tools and we are in need to more speed on teams.

Oklahoma State LB Malcolm Rodriguez earns FWAA All-America honors

Free Agents

OT Dennis Kelly [Green Bay] 1 year 2.75 million/1.5 guaranteed

The Bears need some experienced depth at OT and Kelly knows the staff, the system, and has multiple starts at RT and LT and has played well when called upon.

Veteran Dennis Kelly is the latest Packers offensive lineman to step up

OG Laurent Dunleavy Tardif [NY Jets] 1 year 2.5 million/1 guaranteed

Experienced interior depth that was drafted Poles in KC and who has played at a high level in the past. At 32 he is unlikely to be an unquestioned starter anywhere and in Chicago he can compete and hopefully backup at RG.

Duvernay-Tardif gives the Jets an optimistic diagnosis | The Star

Depth Chart

QB: Fields, Siemien
RB: Montgomery, Herbet, Evan, Khari
WR: Mooney, Pringle, ESB, Thorton, Nailor
TE: Kmet, Horsted, Griffin, O'Shaunessey
LT: Jenkins, Kelly
LG: Whitehair
😄 Patrick, Mustipher
RG: Parham/Tom, LDT
RT: Borom/Tom

RE: Quinn, Muhammad
DT: Hall/Jones, Edwards
NT: Blackson, Tonga
LE: Gipson, Attouchu
WLB: Smith, Thomas
MLB: Morrow, Rodriquez
SLB: Johnson, Adams
CB: Johnson, Armour-Davis, Graham, Vildor
NB: Young, Shelley
FS: Jackson, O'Neal
SS: DHC/Cruickshank
Edited by WindyCity

24 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

😄 Patrick, Mustipher

What's so funny about the center position?  

In all seriousness if this was the Bears actual draft in reality I'd be happy, even if it's just the approach if not the actual players.  If Poles is going to match his tight purse strings in FA with turning draft picks into more draft picks I think he'd at least have a cohesive strategy.  Tom and O'Neal are my favorite player values here, but can see the Bears going after DL help early like you say.  Would be satisfying to a lot of Bears fans to see them address needs with lots of swings in draft, trying OT at tackle with the second stage plan of moving them to guard. OL is the group that worries me the most and I would love to have this group of players seeing who fits best in our new scheme and letting the best 5 take the field. 

But.

Who's your punter?  

I have to say Hall would be a disappointment for me as I don’t think he has a true position in this defence…for me he is a 5 tech…not an UT or a DE…in some scheme’s versatility is a good thing but for me in this scheme I want more specialized defensive linemen…I would be especially disappointed with this pick with Travis Jones still on the board who I feel is a better player…Tyler Smith going the next pick is also something I would prefer even though I think both will be gone before that pick…

After that I like this mock…Parham is a great fit for what we want to do…love the upside of Tom just a little concerned he doesn’t have the toughness Poles wants…Armour-Davis is a high upside pick…Thornton is a one trick pony but that trick is pretty damn good with that speed…O’Neal is one of my favourite later round safeties and would be a nice compliment to Jackson…Nailor would be a solid addition as well if he can stay healthy…Not a fan of Rodriguez and prefer his teammate to be honest but this late it’s a crapshoot…

Overall this would be solid.

Interesting draft.  At least one other person sees Hall as a fall back DT pick when Winfrey and two viable CBs are taken earlier.  He may not be as much of a prototype DT as Winfrey but I believe he's more than capable of playing as a 3 tech DT like he was at Houston.

I may prefer Strange to Parham but Parham is a year younger and at least in measurables not all that different.  Given that we pick up a late 3rd in trade we can use the value is excellent.

Tom seems like a good pick for an OT prospect but #71 seems too high.  I'd prefer Poles look hard at WR here and maybe use #94 on Tom but I can't find fault with doubling up on OL.  #94 could bring Shakir, Gray, or possibly Pierce is he slips a bit.

After round three I get lost on guys other than a few who seem to be major fits for what Poles and "Flus" want.

Instead of Thornton I'd look at other positions like LB, DE, S.  We need a CB but this far down I believe there's better value at other spots and we look to add some depth at CB in other ways and maybe give Graham a shot at LCB.

Anyway, I'm more than ready for all of this mockubating to end and get on with the draft and post draft FA signings.  It's time.

My only issue is that if they’re locked in on improving in the trenches and Devonte Wyatt falls right into their lap at 39 I can’t see them trading down. He’s a run to turn the card in player for me. I think he’s the best 3T in this class by quite a bit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

My only issue is that if they’re locked in on improving in the trenches and Devonte Wyatt falls right into their lap at 39 I can’t see them trading down. He’s a run to turn the card in player for me. I think he’s the best 3T in this class by quite a bit. 

24 and off field issues is what I think fuels his slide. Not sure if they will take the risk.

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

24 and off field issues is what I think fuels his slide. Not sure if they will take the risk.

They might not but we don’t know this FO’s appetite for taking on “risk” players yet. I don’t think the age thing matters, personally. If you’re talking two players equally graded then yeah it makes a difference, but on its own it’s pretty overblown IMO. If you think Wyatt is gonna be an impact player but you think he’ll start to drop off at age 30 you’re still expecting six years of high level play if you take him now. That’s a potential issue come second contract time after 2025 but not for present day. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

They might not but we don’t know this FO’s appetite for taking on “risk” players yet. I don’t think the age thing matters, personally. If you’re talking two players equally graded then yeah it makes a difference, but on its own it’s pretty overblown IMO. If you think Wyatt is gonna be an impact player but you think he’ll start to drop off at age 30 you’re still expecting six years of high level play if you take him now. That’s a potential issue come second contract time after 2025 but not for present day. 

I think it is more the multiple domestic issues added to the fact he will be an older rookie.

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Kinda what I was thinking as well.  A top rookie DT should be able to contribute day one at least as a pass rusher.  That would still give us 7 years through age 30.  One four year deal and a 3 year extension if earned and we view it that way.  I'm not clued in to any off field issues but I believe it's a pipe dream to think Wyatt will drop to #39 and I know a lot about pipe dreams.  LOL

My guess is Poles and Flus have Winfrey targeted as the best 3 tech available for us and Hall as their fall back but it also wouldn't shock me if it was the other way around.  Either way I think they've doubled up on two prospects they'd be happy to have and plan to let the board dictate what they'll do especially if Poles elects to trade back to add picks in rounds three and four.

Edited by soulman

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

They might not but we don’t know this FO’s appetite for taking on “risk” players yet.

This is true. Pace and co often strayed away from players with any sort of blemished past, even if it meant making the team better like Hunt, and I hope this FO is more lenient.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

This is true. Pace and co often strayed away from players with any sort of blemished past, even if it meant making the team better like Hunt, and I hope this FO is more lenient.

Are we sure that was a Pace thing or a McCaskey thing?

The family has been pretty risk adverse since Marshall's press conference, Ratliff's meltdown, and McDonald's signing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

The family has been pretty risk adverse since Marshall's press conference, Ratliff's meltdown, and McDonald's signing.

I was thinking the same thing. After McDonald it seemed like everyone else has had to be pretty clean, so to speak.

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I would bank on Pace/Nagy 100%. All of those incidents happened before Pace and the McDonald issue happened right after Pace was hired.

The Bears have always took a chance on risky players like Moose, Manning, Benson, Tank, Terrell, Robinson....just to name a few and the McCasky's never had a problem it.

Plus, if it was a McCaskey thing then Mario edwards wouldn't still be on the team after getting suspended, arrested, and then acting like an idiot on the field. All in a matter of 18 months.

• Like 2

I traded back in 2nd and picked up a 3rd for this years 5th and next years 5th.

Going primarily off value and not my own scouting took with our 2nd, 2nd and 3rd, 3rd took (I didn't do rest of draft):

DL Travis Jones

S J Brisker

WR Tolbert

OT/OG Jamaree Slayer