Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS)

bucsfan333

11 hours ago, indifference said:

im glad we addressed our depth needs. DT and OG was a need I thought we had to shore up. I feel good knowing we got fresh young bodies in the trenches. How good they  are going to be just seems questionable. I have not seen any of these guys games except White. At worst they are C+ sub starters who excel in their role. TB really dont need any stars or franchise corner stone guys. We have them set so just getting complimentary pieces today was huge. Injuries happen so they may have to play a bigger role this year, now lets just see how they pan out. I’m skeptical but I’m just looking forward to seeing them grow.

Yeah if anything though - i trust Jason Licht's decision making when it comes to OL. In 2015 - everyone had Donovan Smith pegged as a Guard. He's a very good LT. Marpet and Cappa both D3 level College players - both starting Guards and Cappa just landed a long term deal with the Bengals. Stinnie is solid depth and Hainsley was banged up a bit last year so it remains to be seen. 

• Like 1

I'm loving the value we're getting here. No reaching for needs - players being selected where fit while we acquired extra picks to do so. 

We really have the luxury to go in any direction here at the second 4th round pick. Another TE? Edge rusher if once is available or safety. I wouldn't hate a quality receiver. 

I did see Isabella and Henry are available for trade from AZ and NE. With the questions around Chris Godwin being ready for week 1 or 6 - why not burn a 7th for one of these guys to see if you can revive their career? Low risk high reward scenario. 

1 minute ago, Caaddy24 said:

Giving this draft an A. 

ehh a bit too premature. I'm liking the picks but I'm not sure we landed stars lol. Otton is a great value and can develop into a starter in a couple years. 

White gives us good depth. I haven't watched enough of Hall to be honest to give a great opinion but what i'm reading is he's a perfect fit to take over Suh's position. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, indifference said:

Otton might become the best pick in this bucs draft class. Eveywhere I’ve read said he should of been taken a round early. Great pick

Yeah Bucs are getting good value. I saw on a lot of Boards that Hall was rated around 24-30 overall so getting him at 33 was great. I think some had White in the early to mid 4th round range. Otton was a 3rd round value on most boards so again great pick. 

Goedeke had late 2/early 3 so they got him right where he's supposed to go. 

1 minute ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

the autocorrect version of Cade Otton lol

lol. yeah it'll be interesting to see where we go at the end of Rd. 4 to be honest. I'm open to Pass rusher or safety. We added Logan Ryan and Keanu Neal so it's not an immediate need for 2022- more so for depth/future starter potential in 2023. But the value has to be there to take a player at those two positions. 

Not sure who's available at edge or receiver still. 

I'm wondering why Isiah Spiller is falling. I thought he was a sure fire 2nd/early 3rd rounder. 

• Like 1