2022 NFL Draft Talk (No Spoiler allowed until Day 3)

JetsandI

Will you guys please stop saying CB is not a need. They ranked 30th for passing yards allowed. That means you need CB. Hall is not that good guys. He would not start on 30 teams. Reed is a CB 2 who we had to over pay to get some help. MC2 is not that great in the slot either. These are average guys who ceiling is not that high at all. Gardner and Stingley would come in day and start. Getting one of these guys is not that bad. There is a reason these CB are ranked high. These 2 CB will be the best CB in the league in a year or 2. You don't want to add that to a team that ranked 30th in passing yards. Strange to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

He shut down your boy Jamo though.

Sauce vs anyone on our roster is not up for debate. He's the best CB prospect to come out in a long time.

Again comparing him to his college counterparts(you’re right he’s the best CB in the draft) vs Reed, Hall, Carter, Echols all who had good years last year is ridiculous. 

Jeff Okudah for example went #3 to Detroit and was seen as can’t miss, best CB but he’s been a bust. I use that example not to compare the two but because Corner is the 2nd hardest position to transition to in the NFL behind QB. We know Sauce can be great and likely will but out the gate? History at that position proves otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Hypothetically they go some combo of OT/CB at 4 and WR at 10, im curious which edge they would be interested in later on, because they had 0 top 30 visits with any guy projected to go 2nd round (other than if you believe Karlaftis drops out of the 1st).    So then going by who they coached at the senior bowl, Arnold Ebikete could be an option in the 2nd, Boye Mafe also probably the 2nd and Myjai Sanders later on

Myjai Sanders. We hired one of his coaches. Would make a lot of sense.

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Again comparing him to his college counterparts(you’re right he’s the best CB in the draft) vs Reed, Hall, Carter, Echols all who had good years last year is ridiculous. 

Jeff Okudah for example went #3 to Detroit and was seen as can’t miss, best CB but he’s been a bust. I use that example not to compare the two but because Corner is the 2nd hardest position to transition to in the NFL behind QB. We know Sauce can be great and likely will but out the gate? History at that position proves otherwise. 

You tried dissecting him not going against NFL talent, I referenced a game in which he shut down your favorite WR prospect who will be an 1st round NFL player after tonight. Obviously this is a projection on my part, but there's merit.

Comparing their talents and physical traits in a vacuum, yes Sauce has all our guys beat. He'd be our best press and man cover corner right away. 

Okudah wasn't in the same tier as Sauce. I think he would've gone before both Horn and Surtain last year too. One of the cleanest prospects in the draft, if not #1.

7 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Will you guys please stop saying CB is not a need. They ranked 30th for passing yards allowed. That means you need CB. Hall is not that good guys. He would not start on 30 teams. Reed is a CB 2 who we had to over pay to get some help. MC2 is not that great in the slot either. These are average guys who ceiling is not that high at all. Gardner and Stingley would come in day and start. Getting one of these guys is not that bad. There is a reason these CB are ranked high. These 2 CB will be the best CB in the league in a year or 2. You don't want to add that to a team that ranked 30th in passing yards. Strange to me. 

If this was still a Rex led defense, sure draft Gardner or another CB early. In our current system, Gardner's abilities would not be utilized to the fullest. If we cannot generate a pass rush, you can forgot about pass coverage when asked to cover 6+ seconds. A great pass rush will make a mediocre secondary look better. 

2 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

You tried dissecting him not going against NFL talent, I referenced a game in which he shut down your favorite WR prospect who will be an 1st round NFL player after tonight. Obviously this is a projection on my part, but there's merit.

Comparing their talents and physical traits in a vacuum, yes Sauce has all our guys beat. He'd be our best press and man cover corner right away. 

Okudah wasn't in the same tier as Sauce. I think he would've gone before both Horn and Surtain last year too. One of the cleanest prospects in the draft, if not #1.

Again Cornerbacks don’t transition seamlessly. But let me ask you this even if he comes in and is good does he really improve our defense to the level we need it?

Does he stop Gardner Minshew from going 20/25? We had 1 sack that game and it came from Elijah Riley. We need pass rush, PASS RUSH. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

These guys had a 30th ranked passing yards last year. That is not a good year. You need CB help. 

I never liked Okudah. I thought he was over rated and was a middle to lower end first round guy. I have Stingley better than him. Hall is not that good. He is average at best. Echols got SMOKED several times. He is below average. Carter is okay but he plays the slot. You need outside CB to go with Reed. I'm not a fan of Reed because he reminds me of Ray Mickens. Ya he did what he could but at the end of the day these guys are 5' 9". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Again Cornerbacks don’t transition seamlessly. But let me ask you this even if he comes in and is good does he really improve our defense to the level we need it?

Does he stop Gardner Minshew from going 20/25? We had 1 sack that game and it came from Elijah Riley. We need pass rush, PASS RUSH. 

I'm already on record saying that I want KT. I'm not pounding the drum for us to draft Sauce because I do agree, I'm just saying he's a really good prospect, and to say he wouldn't be a starter here is wild. Most teams base package is nickel D anyway, so that at worst is suggesting that MCII is better than Sauce. And he's definitely not.

5 minutes ago, TheGDJets said:

If this was still a Rex led defense, sure draft Gardner or another CB early. In our current system, Gardner's abilities would not be utilized to the fullest. If we cannot generate a pass rush, you can forgot about pass coverage when asked to cover 6+ seconds. A great pass rush will make a mediocre secondary look better. 

You have Lawson coming back and you can grab an edge guy at 10 if KT and Hutch off the board. 

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

These guys had a 30th ranked passing yards last year. That is not a good year. You need CB help. 

I never liked Okudah. I thought he was over rated and was a middle to lower end first round guy. I have Stingley better than him. Hall is not that good. He is average at best. Echols got SMOKED several times. He is below average. Carter is okay but he plays the slot. You need outside CB to go with Reed. I'm not a fan of Reed because he reminds me of Ray Mickens. Ya he did what he could but at the end of the day these guys are 5' 9". 

We literally had no pass rush. Are y’all listening or just refusing to acknowledge the point any of us are trying to make?

Also judging only the Corners on our passing yards against average is hilarious.

10 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Jamo missed 1/2 that game FYI