2022 NFL Draft Talk (No Spoiler allowed until Day 3)

JetsandI

I think now is the right time to have the sole thread for just talking about draft prospects and nonsense craps relating to the draft.

While I don't think Jets will take Sauce in 1st I just can't rule him out because JD has his own grading system. 

Sauce has full package size and skill set and will be 22 years old by week 1.

Only Dan Quinn (Jeff Ulbrich) and Gus Bradley(final draft) in Pete Carroll's NFL family had high picked CBs. I think it has been 3 CBs taken in first 2 rounds since Carroll reentered NFL.  Ulbrich had 2 and Bradley had Ramsey.   Right now, Ulbrich is our defensive coordinator so his input may score some good points in JD's system.

Edited by JetsandI

I think we need to check out ASU's Dohnovan West as Center of the future.  I believe he is the youngest Center in this draft. Plus, he has experience in NFL ZBS under Herm Edwards.  If we go with McGovern at Center this year then he should be the one to consider.

“Ozzie used to always have a saying, ‘A luxury today can be a necessity tomorrow,'” Douglas said Thursday. “So if you get away from your process – if you get away from your board – that’s when you can get into a real jam.”

Someone said that could happen to OL but what about Desmond Ridder in 3rd round if available?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think you are too hung up on age. Okay Gardner is 22 by week 1.  Most of these guys are 21-23 years old. I want alpha dogs here and I don't care about age unless they are like 25 or older. 

Since we don't know how much JD cares about age I stand by.😉

Having a party tomorrow with about a dozen buddies coming over for the draft and the Mavs game (I’m a Knicks fan). Most are cowboy fans obviously. So I might not be very active on here during the draft. Although I will be excited as all get out of by the small chance we do draft Williams. I’ll be sure to make an appearance on here if we draft him. I’ve also learned over the years to wait until after Day 2 to really judge the draft. Especially with us having 2 very high picks Friday evening. We might not draft a DE and WR. But maybe Burks or another WR and a DE fall in our laps day 2. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

CB wise, I think JD is only considering Sauce, Stingley,  and Elam because of how good they are as prospects.  If he doesn't pick one of them, I'd be shocked if he picked any at all in the top-4 rounds. 

I don't get the Stingley love.  He was good - 2 years ago.  He gets hurt - a lot.  When does reality overcome perception?

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

I don't get the Stingley love.  He was good - 2 years ago.  He gets hurt - a lot.  When does reality overcome perception?

Ya want nothing to do with him. Even in a trade back situation. But I don’t want a CB early at all.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya want nothing to do with him. Even in a trade back situation. But I don’t want a CB early at all.

I know Bobby will go crazy if Hutch and KT on the board and Jets go Gardner or Stingley. I think it will take more than wisky to get you off the edge. 

4 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

CB wise, I think JD is only considering Sauce, Stingley,  and Elam because of how good they are as prospects.  If he doesn't pick one of them, I'd be shocked if he picked any at all in the top-4 rounds. 

I don't rule out CB in 3rd or 4th round.