2022 NFL Draft Talk (No Spoiler allowed until Day 3)

JetsandI

51 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I know Bobby will go crazy if Hutch and KT on the board and Jets go Gardner or Stingley. I think it will take more than wisky to get you off the edge. 

The crazy thing is that this team has pretty much never drafted who I want in Round 1… so I’m pretty much used to it. Heck 75% of the time they choose who I actually don’t like at all. Never mind just a guy who I’m just ehhhhhh on.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The crazy thing is that this team has pretty much never drafted who I want in Round 1… so I’m pretty much used to it. Heck 75% of the time they choose who I actually don’t like at all. Never mind just a guy who I’m just ehhhhhh on.

Zach broke my streak, was calling for him for months and actually got him.  But before that I wanted Wirfs in 2020, Josh Allen (LB) in 2019, 2018 Rosen (yikes), 2017 I was a big Mahomes guy but was fine with Adams and etc.  I have to go back to Wilkerson for the guy I really wanted and they took.

2 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Zach broke my streak, was calling for him for months and actually got him.  But before that I wanted Wirfs in 2020, Josh Allen (LB) in 2019, 2018 Rosen (yikes), 2017 I was a big Mahomes guy but was fine with Adams and etc.  I have to go back to Wilkerson for the guy I really wanted and they took.

I think everyone here was happy with Mims

4 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

I more just came to terms that we were drafting Wilson. Wasn’t a guy I was pounding the table for. I did love the AVT, Moore and Carter picks after that. We never seem to draft a WR when I think we need one round 1. And we never seem to draft a DE I want either. That’s why my mind would be blown if we actually went DE and WR at 4 and 10 and drafted 2 guys I like.

Guys I’d be excited about at 4 or 10.

Hutchinson, Kayvon, Williams

Guys I’d be ok with

Ikem, Neal, Johnson, Wilson, London

Guys I’d be just ehhhh about

Sauce, Hamilton, Cross

Guys I’d hate drafting

Walker, Stingley, Davis

Real question is:

Dinner plans: 

Drinks:

Snacks:

What we having boys? I know some of you were loving the wings last year. Whatever I will decide on tomorrow I sure will be having plenty of coffee to stay awake.

Already took some time off Friday so I can rest up 😬

36 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Real question is:

Dinner plans: 

Drinks:

Snacks:

What we having boys? I know some of you were loving the wings last year. Whatever I will decide on tomorrow I sure will be having plenty of coffee to stay awake.

Liquor. Tons of liquor.

Here’s who I wanted in round 1 since 2010

2010- Taylor Mays- miss. We took Kyle Wilson

2011- Akeem Ayers or Brooks Reed- basically a true EDGE. We took Wilkerson who was good then flamed out.

2012- Melvin Ingram- HIT. We chose Coples who busted hard.

2013- Tavon Austin and Chance Warmack. Austin was decent but not 1st round worthy, Warmack busted hard.

2014- Brandin Cooks- HIT. We chose Calvin Pryor. Decent but flamed out.

2015- Vic Beasley- Decent early but flamed out. Wanted the true EDGE. We took Leo, another DT.

2016- Jaylon Smith or Myles Jack. Injuries made them pick Darron Lee. We know how that turned out.

2017- Adams. Hit for us now he sucks. 

2018- Darnold but I didn’t think he would be there nor did I think Allen would be. Wanted Rosen over Mayfield. 

2019- Josh Allen EDGE. Q has been good but not what we needed at the time

2020- Becton due to his potential

2021- Wilson obviously and Humphrey later in the first. Happy with AVT tho as I didn’t anticipate a trade up.

1 hour ago, KimuraGod said:

Real question is:

Dinner plans: 

Drinks:

Snacks:

I'll be on set, so I won't have a choice. 😑 

Edited by rickyt31

12 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'll be on set, so I won't have a choice. 😑 

I think we end up with Kayvon, and Williams 

tho sauce and some crazy drop for kayvon would be nice too … burks or someone who drops in 2nd

• Like 1

One thing I noticed over the years is it's easier for me to identify who'll end up dissapointing in the first round than who'll be great. We just need to stay away from the Stingley and Walkers of the world. Now that I think either will bust hard like a Gholston or a Dee Milner. But they seem like they will have growing pains and inconsistency and we just are not in a position to take that on. More palatable in that mid to late 1st range to gamble on the upside/projection with some of the more talented roster teams that tend to pick there. Right now it seems like there is a decent probability one and maybe both will be off the board when we pick. That's what I'll be rooting for more than anything 😂

I have my favorites of those who are remaining after that just like anyone else. But I feel good enough with guys like KT or Ickey or Sauce that I can trust Douglas and company that if they want them they're going to be really good players and productive right away. 

1 hour ago, KimuraGod said:

Real question is:

Dinner plans: 

Drinks:

Snacks:

Pizza

Beer and Whiskey

Chips and Queso