EC Playoffs Round 2: (2) Boston Celtics vs (3) Milwaukee Bucks (Series tied 3-3)

beekay414

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Super human effort from Giannis, he just didn't have enough offensive help without Middleton. What moves do you want the Bucks to make this off-season? @beekay414

I don’t know what options we even have? We don’t have any picks or young assets. We are stuck with this aging team plus Giannis.

24 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think that was a deal done when Lopez was out and it was uncertain if Lopez would be back.  at the time, Giannis and Portis were the main 2 bigs. 

Secondary part was another body to go in a potential series vs Embiid.

Agreed on the lack of offense options without Divencinzo

And at the time Allen was playing well on offense and they essentially would’ve played the same role.

Just now, packerstk7 said:

I don’t know what options we even have? We don’t have any picks or young assets. We are stuck with this aging team plus Giannis.

Need to hit on some 2nd rounders.

The game is not paint focused on offense enough to have Giannis, Lopez and Portis as the latter 2 are liabilities on defense.

I big on the floor at a time is enough.

Need better/ consistent shooters and wing defenders.

The Celtics were clearly the best team in this series. Obviously having Middleton would’ve changed things, but we had to get more from everyone else. I’m seriously perplexed at what this team can do going forward to really compete again while Giannis is in his prime.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

Well the strategy would have worked if Grant Williams wasn't a 40 percent shooter or whatever. It worked against Derrick White but idk what else ya can do

It’s just a dumb strategy overall when the league as a whole is getting better at 3s. And yeah I don’t know how they didn’t know that Williams shot like 42% this year. 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

Well the strategy would have worked if Grant Williams wasn't a 40 percent shooter or whatever. It worked against Derrick White but idk what else ya can do

Each game felt like it came down to shooting.  Team that shot better won.  Not unusual at all.

Once Boston started getting 3's to fall, it became " contagious" across the full team.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Need to hit on some 2nd rounders.

The game is not paint focused on offense enough to have Giannis, Lopez and Portis as the latter 2 are liabilities on defense.

I big on the floor at a time is enough.

Need better/ consistent shooters and wing defenders.

I get what we need, I just don’t know how you get there. We don’t have cap for free agents and obviously nothing to trade for anyone.

3 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

The Celtics were clearly the best team in this series. Obviously having Middleton would’ve changed things, but we had to get more from everyone else. I’m seriously perplexed at what this team can do going forward to really compete again while Giannis is in his prime.

I don't know enough on how NBA salary cap works.  Big 3 are eating a huge chunk of the cap

2 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

I get what we need, I just don’t know how you get there. We don’t have cap for free agents and obviously nothing to trade for anyone.

Maybe it's a 1 year reset type thing.  Clear some contracts and hope to reload.  

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I don't know enough on how NBA salary cap works.  Big 3 are eating a huge chunk of the cap

Me either. I don’t know that you can just cut guys like in the NFL even with dead cap. That’s why teams trade for salary dumps and what it. Hope we can do something lol. Be a shame to waste a guy like Giannis like this state has done with a couple other hall of fame careers.

edit: after this year we don’t have a first round pick until 2028

Edited by packerstk7

7 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

Me either. I don’t know that you can just cut guys like in the NFL even with dead cap. That’s why teams trade for salary dumps and what it. Hope we can do something lol. Be a shame to waste a guy like Giannis like this state has done with a couple other hall of fame careers.

edit: after this year we don’t have a first round pick until 2028

You can't cut players for cap space unless you have players on non-guaranteed contracts, which isn't common.

95% of contracts are fully guaranteed.

• Like 1