2022 NFL Draftstravaganza Day 1 Discussion

MOSteelers56

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think best case is pickett becoming carr and I'd take that all day imo

Derek Carr is actually "not bad"

The problem with Kenny "the dream" is the sandman is coming for him with Marty Schottenheimer and "the gleam" (to wake him up)

There's a gleam men, there's a gleam. What a classic line. Now, I know that means there's a light flickering at the end of the tunnel. 

Kenny is not that light.

Just now, Raidersfan1 said:

The problem with Kenny "the dream" is the sandman is coming for him with Marty Schottenheimer and "the gleam" (to wake him up)

There's a gleam men, there's a gleam. What a classic line. Now, I know that means there's a light flickering at the end of the tunnel. 

Kenny is not that light.

What?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Raidersfan1 said:

Kenny is not that light.

Reading your posts feels like I've dropped acid at times.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I see a young Ben in that he’s mobile, looks to throw before he runs, good size, decent arm.  I think he reads the field better than Ben at 24 years old.  Doesn’t withstand getting hit as well.

But I think the curve is going to be similar.  Run the ball, play strong defense, be opportunistic in the passing game.

I would agree with your Ben comparison with what you posted there. I could be wrong, but felt like Ben had more upside though. 

The bold is why I wanted to take a bigger swing. I think it’s fairly easy to manufacture some of that in todays offense, but the limitations will hold you back. 

Feels like if Kenny was drafted 5, 10 years ago there’s not one team that wouldn’t be absolutely thrilled to have drafted him. But in a modern NFL where the QB floor has been raise….the ceilings been smashed — so it feels like they missed. 

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

Just my .02, but the two things I am doing today is calling OBJ to check on his knee and then I’m reaching out to the 49ers to see a price tag on Deebo. 

Our first next year, now that we have taken a QB, is an asset that can be flipped. The 49ers were taken off guard by this trade request and now the highest value they can get is a 2023 first. They don’t want to send him to the Packers or anyone else in the NFC. 

The Steelers sped up the timeline by taking Pickett - so go be aggressive during the 5 years you get on his rookie deal. 

I actually love it the idea of going after OBJ now.

5 minutes ago, BradfordSteeler said:

FYI apparently the 49ers tried to ship Deebo to the Jets for #10, so not sure our 1st next year would do the trick on it's own.

It didn't get done, so maybe it still will. I'm sure the 9ers want a top 10 pick, but the demand may not be that high. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BradfordSteeler said:

FYI apparently the 49ers tried to ship Deebo to the Jets for #10, so not sure our 1st next year would do the trick on it's own.

I am not sure it would either, but if it took a 3rd this year and next years first (with the Miami Dolphins effect where maybe a team things we will be bad), it might. 

Their problem now becomes if he really does not want to be there. Their ship sailed on this year's first round, so it would take next year to do it. That's far more palatable for us, IMO, with Kenny on board. 

4 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I actually love it the idea of going after OBJ now.

Rumor had it they tried to pick him up last year...or at least inquired. He can line up in the slot, but he also has tremendous value as an additional X and lining up as the Z. He really would make our team flexible at WR. 

one concern I have with Pickett is durability. He did get dinged up a few times at Pitt and missed some games. He is not afraid of contact which came in clutch sometimes. He'd turn 5 yard gain into a 8 yard game by fighting through the tackler for the 1st down. it was awesome to see, but that kind of play increases injuries