2022 NFL Draftstravaganza Day 1 Discussion

MOSteelers56

Just now, warfelg said:

DJ easily worth a 1st then

Cards traded for Brown to appease their megalomaniacal QB who probably wanted Brown specifically. 

Steelers may be able to get a first for Johnson, but I wouldn't base my opinion of that off of what the Cards just did. I'm pretty sure any NFL GM would have rather just sat at pick 1.23 in a loaded WR class and taken a WR rather than trade for Brown.

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Just so everyone knows, Anthony Miller is our slot receiver this year. No one’s making it to 52. 

I’ve been saying Pickens is my dark horse pick for the Steelers in the 1st…I put him in the 2nd round in mock draft contest cause I thought the injury history might make him fall.

26 minutes ago, AFF said:

There will be another run in that late 1st/early 2nd area.

Alsi maybe some thought with how crazy the WR contracts are going, getting that elite WR on his rookie deal is starting to become a trend.

I think you’re right. Seeing these WRs coming into their second contract getting traded is telling.

Just now, bigben07MVP said:

Titans could def go QB here….did they just jump us?

Dont he surprised if it’s Pickett….I have the Titans to draft him at +700

My guess is they just sold a high price WR for a rookie deal one. 

• Like 1

Makes you wonder, as one of the best WR drafting teams in the league, should we follow the Chiefs, Titans, Packers, and potentially the 49ers in trading our star WR before they are due a massive contract?

I have been against trading DJ but definitely makes you think, especially if we could get a late 1st for him.

I’m not jumping for joy like I was when we took Freiermuth…but to not do anything, to be at 20 — and get a guy with THAT upside at THAT position…it would be a good pick.

edit: didn’t mention him by name, but talking bout Willis…

Edited by Dcash4