Round 7 Pick 249; Rasheed Walker, OT Penn State

Packerraymond

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think "winning" the grievance is the issue.  I think it's the timing.  As soon as Bakh files an injury grievance, the Packers immediately have the extra cap added onto their books.  So it's essentially holding up the cap space until it's resolved, which could take some time.

Sure but you have to have a somewhat reasonable claim in the first place for the grievance. 

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

See how Braxton Jones is identical in that stat?

The money stat is on that chart is PBWR which is "Pass Blocking Win Rate".  Which is to say that Rasheed Walker won 96% of his pass blocking snaps with a lower double team percentage than the other two guys who scored a 96% (you would expect to win when you double team.)

11 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The money stat is on that chart is PBWR which is "Pass Blocking Win Rate".  Which is to say that Rasheed Walker won 96% of his pass blocking snaps with a lower double team percentage than the other two guys who scored a 96% (you would expect to win when you double team.)

Aaaand Braxton Jones won how many?

You gonna tell me 3% is a big difference? That 3% can easily be "Fields decided to hang onto the ball instead of pulling the trigger with anticipation like Love"

And not even saying Braxton is a bad player. But it's a player that everyone wants to upgrade even though he "grades out great"

Edited by HighCalebR

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm just saying that the Packers might see their OL need more as "Guard" than "Tackle" in this draft.

who are our backup tackles at the moment? Caleb Jones? we have no idea what he is 

11 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm just saying that the Packers might see their OL need more as "Guard" than "Tackle" in this draft.

There's positive stats out there that support Rhyan as well. +1.79 yards more per carry when he's on the field vs not. 1 pressure for every 18.3 snaps, zero sacks against.  

Steno effused like the exact same praise for Rhyan as Walker. "Physically nice" "Work to be done" "promising plays"

Edited by HighCalebR

30 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

There's positive stats out there that support Rhyan as well. +1.79 yards more per carry when he's on the field vs not. 1 pressure for every 18.3 snaps, zero sacks against.  

Steno effused like the exact same praise for Rhyan as Walker. "Physically nice" "Work to be done" "promising plays"

so you don't see Walker as our left tackle OF DA FUCHA?

26 minutes ago, persiandud said:

My "biggest fear" with Walker is that he plays right up to that line where somebody is going to pay him big money but we're not confident it should be us. It's pretty much a no brainer to re-up an elite tackle (say top 8ish) and it's pretty easy decision for a middle of the road starter (say 16ish+) to either sign at a reasonable price tag or let them walk. Its that in-between level (top 8-16ish) where you REALLY have to be right. If I had to guess right now that 8-16ish area is very likely where Walker is going to be when his contract expires. 

11 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, they don't really have any depth at OT unless you believe in Caleb Jones or Luke Tenuta.  They have a "need" at RG unless they plan on Rhyan holding down that spot, and even then depth is always a need.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, persiandud said:

Lol I kinda ranted in here a few pages back for awhile.

I like Walker fine, but personally hope he's a bridge to better things. Very much the current Marshall Newhouse. Imo.

Edited by HighCalebR

10 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Lol I kinda ranted in here a few pages back for awhile.

I like Walker fine, but personally hope he's a bridge to better things. Very much the current Marshall Newhouse. Imo.

woah haha i disagree with you on that one bud. i think he's a lot better than Marshall Newhouse 

i'm not totally sold on Walker, but he played way better than i expected down the stretch

does anyone who study film know how much help he got vs the Niners? were they leaving him on an island against Bosa and company ? i remember a few plays where we had backs and TEs chipping , but i think it was more on the right side when Tom went down 

17 minutes ago, persiandud said:

woah haha i disagree with you on that one bud. i think he's a lot better than Marshall Newhouse 

i'm not totally sold on Walker, but he played way better than i expected down the stretch

does anyone who study film know how much help he got vs the Niners? were they leaving him on an island against Bosa and company ? i remember a few plays where we had backs and TEs chipping , but i think it was more on the right side when Tom went down 

Marshall was a 10 year player. youre underrating Marshall. arguably more tools than Walker, but missing the mentality.

Bosa goes right side. If we want shot plays we give Rasheed help, Thats just the game though. second half of the season, Love started pulling the trigger and getting in sync with his WR, which makes OL look good.

Edited by HighCalebR