The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

When he shows up in Infinity War and emerges from the shadows it was pretty damn awesome, I can't even imagine how cool it would be if they could make bringing him back again at some point to save the day work again, but unexpected.  All they really have to say is that it was part of his travels of returning the stones, and he knew he was needed then.  It could be a one off appearance or it could be a whole re-introduction.

Or it could just be the "real" Steve Rogers from that timeline, not time traveling Steve.

I'm not going to make a big deal out of this, but i'm rewatching Endgame and realized that Tony was born in 1955 in these movies.  That makes him 53 at the time of Iron Man, 57 at the time of Avengers, and 68 during 90% of endgame (after the 4 years has elapsed).

I get it's a point we're supposed to ignore, i just think it's kind of funny.

16 minutes ago, theJ said:

I'm not going to make a big deal out of this, but i'm rewatching Endgame and realized that Tony was born in 1955 in these movies.  That makes him 53 at the time of Iron Man, 57 at the time of Avengers, and 68 during 90% of endgame (after the 4 years has elapsed).

I get it's a point we're supposed to ignore, i just think it's kind of funny.

That scene in Endgame is in 1970 and he was about to be born, so that would make him 53 at the end of Endgame.  At the time of Endgame's filming, RDJ was 53 years old (55 now) so that was just about perfect.

In Winter Solider we find out that his parents die in 1991, when he was 21, which fits about perfectly with the dialogue in Civil War in the BARF simulation.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

That scene in Endgame is in 1970 and he was about to be born, so that would make him 53 at the end of Endgame.  At the time of Endgame's filming, RDJ was 53 years old (55 now) so that was just about perfect.

When they're about to go back in time, Tony lists the timestamp as 1955.

11 minutes ago, theJ said:

When they're about to go back in time, Tony lists the timestamp as 1955.

Where is this shown?  Everything i'm finding online says 1970, specifically April 1970 with Tony's listed birth date as May 29, 1970.  I'm pretty sure they show 1970 on screen when they show the car that has Stan Lee driving (plus I think he's driving a Mustang which didn't start until 1965) and the way every one is dressed is late 60's, early 70's garb.  In 1955 it would have been much more conservatively dressed, especially on a military base.

Edit, just watched the scene (thanks Disney+), he specifically says zero four, zero seven, one nine seven oh

Edited by THE DUKE

Just now, THE DUKE said:

Where is this shown?  Everything i'm finding online says 1970, specifically April 1970 with Tony's listed birth date as May 29, 1970.  I'm pretty sure they show 1970 on screen when they show the car that has Stan Lee driving (plus I think he's driving a Mustang which didn't start until 1965) and the way every one is dressed is late 60's, early 70's garb.  In 1955 it would have been much more conservatively dressed, especially on a military base.

Yeah you're right.  For some reason i thought i heard '55.  Tony lists the timestamp as 1970.

Of course that just makes Howard 53 when he has Tony, and 74 when he's killed.  Which is also a little odd and funny, but not outside the realm of probability.

1 minute ago, theJ said:

Yeah you're right.  For some reason i thought i heard '55.  Tony lists the timestamp as 1970.

Of course that just makes Howard 53 when he has Tony, and 74 when he's killed.  Which is also a little odd and funny, but not outside the realm of probability.

Howard did look to be about Tony's age when they went back in Endgame

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Howard did look to be about Tony's age when they went back in Endgame

So they must have retcon'd all these dates at some point, right?  Because Iron Man as a comic was first released in 1963.

16 minutes ago, theJ said:

So they must have retcon'd all these dates at some point, right?  Because Iron Man as a comic was first released in 1963.

The comics have been rebooted so many times it's nuts so who knows, but I haven't been up to date in that world in over 20 years. 

For the movies, all i'm concerned about is the MCU timeline.  I wonder what they will do when this inevitably gets rebooted.  Start over again around 2008 in the storyline?  Adjust the story for when Captain America was a solider?  I don't know, but I doubt we see a full reboot for a good 10-15 years at least, so i'll just enjoy the ride for now.

Edited by THE DUKE

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Comic timelines are meaningless. You can't read comics and start thinking, wait how old is he? Shouldnt he be so and so by now? Time moves in strange ways, best not to analyze it. 

Yeah that's why i said i wasn't going to make a big deal of it.

11 minutes ago, theJ said:

Yeah that's why i said i wasn't going to make a big deal of it.

I meant like, in the comic medium, not any CU. Comics are so long running, timelines are always fluid. It took **** Grayson 40 years to become too old to be Robin

On 5/7/2020 at 10:41 AM, theJ said:

Yeah that's why i won't rule it out.  Time changes a lot of things.

Natalie Portman seemed done with Marvel, and she's going back in a big way. There are also rumors she might return to Star Wars in some way as Padme.  Never say never.......I've especially learned that as a wrestling fan.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Natalie Portman seemed done with Marvel, and she's going back in a big way. There are also rumors she might return to Star Wars in some way as Padme.  Never say never.......I've especially learned that as a wrestling fan.  

I'm pretty sure Portman's big beef with Marvel was she didn't like the way the character evolved from the first movie to the second.  I'm not shocked she was lured back by what is essentially a co-leading role with Hemsworth as opposed to just being the plucky love interest.

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm pretty sure Portman's big beef with Marvel was she didn't like the way the character evolved from the first movie to the second.  I'm not shocked she was lured back by what is essentially a co-leading role with Hemsworth as opposed to just being the plucky love interest.

I thought it had to do with the female director being let go from the second movie?