The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

That’s just a problem with the comic book world. Nothing last forever.

This isn't the comic book work though, this is TV.  They don't need this timeline to last the next four decades.  They are 5 episodes in, lets be generous and say 13 episode seasons for four seasons, they would only need to go 47 more episodes to tell all the stories they are going to get to tell.  No stakes makes for no suspense.

Spoiler

Also…you can vaguely hear “Happy Nation” in Madeline’s vision with baby Cable back in episode 2 (3?)…nice bit of foreshadowing 

I really liked that latest episode. There was weight to it, and this is clearly a continuation of the X-Men animated series for the people who watched it originally as this isn't a kids show.

Spoiler

I disagree with @THE DUKE on what needs to happen going forward. I think that it makes a ton of sense  and there is a clear direction that it is going with the introduction of Cable in the episode. So some characters will come back, Gambit being likely. Maybe others will die instead is what I'm thinking.

Spoiler

Well…not sure how I feel about Sinister being behind the attack on Genosha.

Charles is coming back…didn’t really think he was dead though so not entirely shocked there.

Storm has her powers back…kinda wished she kept her Mohawk though. 

1 hour ago, D82 said:
  Hide contents

Well…not sure how I feel about Sinister being behind the attack on Genosha.

Charles is coming back…didn’t really think he was dead though so not entirely shocked there.

Storm has her powers back…kinda wished she kept her Mohawk though. 

Wasn’t my favorite episode. The best part though was Nightcrawler.

This episode really bounced back a whole lot more for X-Men 97. Rogue was awesome, and behaved like I would expect. Some fun twists to it, I'm ready for the next three 3 episodes to wrap up the season, and see how it does that.

Spoiler

I’m really curious to see if this season ends up with this Logan being the same one in Deadpool & Wolverine like some rumors are speculating. 

I really should have created a thread for X-men 97. Who knew it be this much fun.

Spoiler

Interesting to see all the non x-men villain cameos. Are we going to see them again? Not a fan of X-Men vs 1000 human sentinels. Thank you Magneto for cleaning that up. Giving Nightcrawler some fight scenes was great, but they have a long way to go to match his X-Men 2 scene. 

Spoiler

This show is just...amazing. I can't wait to see how these next two episodes play out. 

As someone who is gay...so many of these conversations hit home.

Spoiler

What a hell of an episode. Magneto ripped the adamantium from Wolverine’s body. Jean’s…dead? Magneto is, dying? 

This is easily the best thing Marvel has done…maybe even better than the Infinity Saga. I can’t wait for next week.

2 hours ago, D82 said:
  Hide contents

What a hell of an episode. Magneto ripped the adamantium from Wolverine’s body. Jean’s…dead? Magneto is, dying? 

This is easily the best thing Marvel has done…maybe even better than the Infinity Saga. I can’t wait for next week.

Spoiler

I can’t believe they actually did the adamantium scene. How is there only one episode left.

30 minutes ago, Acgott said:
  Hide contents

I can’t believe they actually did the adamantium scene. How is there only one episode left.

Spoiler

There'd been some talk they might...but I didn't think they'd actually do it. 

The writers on this show are fantastic. The dialogue is fire. The fact that they seem to be willing to stick to actually killing characters off raises the stakes. 

If they somehow have this lead into Deadpool & Wolverine it's going to be amazing. Even if they don't...gah damn...I don't want it to end, easily the best thing on streaming right now.

11 minutes ago, D82 said:
  Hide contents

There'd been some talk they might...but I didn't think they'd actually do it. 

The writers on this show are fantastic. The dialogue is fire. The fact that they seem to be willing to stick to actually killing characters off raises the stakes. 

If they somehow have this lead into Deadpool & Wolverine it's going to be amazing. Even if they don't...gah damn...I don't want it to end, easily the best thing on streaming right now.

Spoiler

It’s crazy that they fired the show runner right before this, but at least he wrote the 2nd season already. Don’t have this tie into Deadpool 3. It can play in its own sandbox.

7 hours ago, D82 said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Magneto is way more resilient than that. He once continued fighting for a long time after having his heart ripped out by regulating the blood flow of his body.