The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

58 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Fantastic Four, and Xmen would be perfect for a tv series. Still hoping for a blade series but dont see Disney doing it.

Because of the potential rating? If they can do Punisher, they can do Blade. Although this is Feige controlled, not TV controlled.

18 hours ago, Acgott said:

Its expected to get movie size budgets 

The most important note is Kevin Feige cares about this and is taking a hands-on role in the development. Feige of course doesn’t care about the Netflix Defenders or ABC’s AoS

Pass on the TV shows.  Except for the original Daredevil, i've never seen a superhero TV show done right.  They get stretched out, there's always too much emphasis on keeping it going and not enough emphasis on putting a bow on things.

TV sucks.

9 minutes ago, theJ said:

Pass on the TV shows.  Except for the original Daredevil, i've never seen a superhero TV show done right.  They get stretched out, there's always too much emphasis on keeping it going and not enough emphasis on putting a bow on things.

TV sucks.

These will be at around 6 episodes and "movie" sized budgets. This isn't your common network shows or even Netflix. This is completely different by someone who knows what he is doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Fantastic Four, and Xmen would be perfect for a tv series. Still hoping for a blade series but dont see Disney doing it.

I could see them doing a Netflix series for Blade.  it doesn't really go all that darker than Jessica Jones or Punisher have delved into.

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I doubt Disney is going to be giving Netflix anymore characters.

True, but I'm more referring to the vein of if the studio was willing to delve down those paths in the Netflix releases, there isn't really much reason to think they wouldn't in their own streaming network.  They're going to need a steady stream of content and that likely means appealing to as many age-demographics as possible.  Parental controls aren't that difficult to institute if they're concerned about kids seeing certain stuff.  I honestly believe we're likely to see both more adult series (not copious Logan levels of violence, but on par with what we saw in Punisher) and more geared-towards-kids series stuff - like I'll be really surprised if we don't see some sort of revival of the Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends animated show or a branch off into a streaming series from the Miles Morales animated movie they're releasing.

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

These will be at around 6 episodes and "movie" sized budgets. This isn't your common network shows or even Netflix. This is completely different by someone who knows what he is doing.

They should advertise it as a mini-series then. Because mini-series don't suck. 

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I have no interest in any series connected to the MCU.

A mini-series though... Yeah, I'm down. 

Why? If you like the movies run by Kevin Feige, why wouldn’t you enjoy his shows?

This isn’t being done by the tv team that created AoS, Inhumans, Defenders.

The article already stated each one will be between 6-8 episodes so don’t worry about 22 episodes with half filled with filler.