The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

51 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well I'm just saying Reynolds is what now like 45 or something? I'm just surprised. If he can be the new RDJ and help tie the new stories in together that would be beyond awesome. I wanna see him sexually harass Captain Marvel and watch how that turns out.

Depending on the film, the end of deadpool in gory or PG-13 fashion.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Deadpool isn't a crucial character, so I'm sure they aren't worried about Reynolds losing interest. 

I just can't wait for X-Men to be handled well. 

Considering the two Deadpool movies are the two highest grossing X-Men movies I'm not sure they would agree... He may not be crucial in terms of being a core member of the X-Men but as far as the movies go he's surpassed Wolverine as being the most popular character in the X-Men franchise and when the goal is to make as much money as possible yes he is definitely crucial to that.

5 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Depending on the film, the end of deadpool in gory or PG-13 fashion.

Like I said earlier, in a hypothetical Spider-Man/Deadpool movie they can go PG-13 and just bleep out the F bombs and have him make jokes about the bleeps (that actually has the potential to be really funny if done right). His own movies should stay R, though, which Bob Iger already said they will and reiterated this point shortly before the deal was finalized.

As far as age, well seeing how he's in suit 95% of the time, they can just get a body double for Ryan Reynolds and he can keep doing this as long as he wants.

9 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Well I'm just saying Reynolds is what now like 45 or something? I'm just surprised. If he can be the new RDJ and help tie the new stories in together that would be beyond awesome. I wanna see him sexually harass Captain Marvel and watch how that turns out.

I knew what you meant.  Just couldn't resist the glib comment.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

RR is 42.  He could easily do this for another decade with the amount of HGH that gets thrown around in Hollywood.

10 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Considering the two Deadpool movies are the two highest grossing X-Men movies I'm not sure they would agree... He may not be crucial in terms of being a core member of the X-Men but as far as the movies go he's surpassed Wolverine as being the most popular character in the X-Men franchise and when the goal is to make as much money as possible yes he is definitely crucial to that.

The Deadpool movies are the highest grossing X-Men movies because they're the best X-Men movies.  He isn't crucial to anything.  At this point, Marvel could pull a superhero name out of a hat and make 800 million globally. 

And it's all moot and stupid anyway.  This is Hollywood we're talking about, it's not a physical.  Sylvester Stallone is 72 and he's making another Rambo movie.  Bruce Willis is 64 and he's making another Die Hard.  Robert Downey Jr. started as Iron Man at 43 years old.  And Deadpool has an avocado face, so aging matters even less for him. 

They're not re-casting Deadpool, they're not in any danger of losing Deadpool, Ryan Reynolds loves the character and is going to love the character even more as a part of the MCU, this is a non-issue and all the doom and gloom anyone says about it doesn't understand how anything works. 

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

The Deadpool movies are the highest grossing X-Men movies because they're the best X-Men movies

Eh, I wouldn't agree with that.  There have been plenty of stinkers in the Fox X-Men universe, but in terms of quality, i'd rank them as such.

1. X-Men: Days of Future Past
  2. X2

3. Deadpool
  4. X-Men: First Class
  5. Logan

6. Deadpool 2
  7. X-Men
  8. The Wolverine

9. X-Men: Apocalypse

10. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
  11. X-Men: The Last Stand

That top group I put up there with some of the better comic book movies.  The second tier is probably equal to the 10-15 range MCU movies.  Third tier more in the Ant-Man/Black Panther/Captain Marvel range.  Apocalypse is grouped with bottom tier MCU like Thor 2.  The bottom tier Fox movies are worse than anything the MCU has done.  Hmm, now I want to try to integrate these rankings into my MCU rankings:

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  2. Avengers: Infinity War
  3. The Avengers
  4. Guardians of the Galaxy
  5. Captain America: Civil War
  6. Thor: Ragnarok
  7. X-Men: Days of Future Past
  8. Iron Man
  9. X2
  10. Doctor Strange
  11. Captain America: The First Avenger
  12. Deadpool
  13. Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2
  14. X-Men: First Class
  15. Ant-Man
  16. Thor
  17. Logan
  18. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  19. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  20. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  21. Deadpool 2
  22. Captain Marvel
  23. Black Panther
  24. X-Men
  25. Iron Man 2
  26. The Wolverine
  27. Iron Man 3
  28. The Incredible Hulk
  29. X-Men: Apocalypse
  30. Thor: The Dark World
  31. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
  32. X-Men: The Last Stand

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

He isn't crucial to anything.

Disney disagrees with you; he's plastered front-and-center on their new updated site.

It's clear he's become a household name at this point. He's close, equal to or perhaps more popular/iconic than Wolverine and Spider-Man.

Edited by KManX89

6 hours ago, thrILL! said:

GotG2 better than Logan?  LoL it’s at best the 2nd worst MCU movie just narrowly beating out Dark World.  It’s sooooo bad. 

I enjoyed GotG2, and Logan wasn't as good on my second viewing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, thrILL! said:

GotG2 better than Logan?  LoL it’s at best the 2nd worst MCU movie just narrowly beating out Dark World.  It’s sooooo bad. 

I'm with you - that one doesn't resonate with me.  At least Dark World has some significance within the larger scope of the MCU.  GotG2 just feels like a 1-off.  Maybe that'll change, but the whole story feels forced and pointless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I'm with you - that one doesn't resonate with me.  At least Dark World has some significance within the larger scope of the MCU.  GotG2 just feels like a 1-off.  Maybe that'll change, but the whole story feels forced and pointless.

I mean, Adam Warlock is coming

51 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I mean, Adam Warlock is coming

Sure, but that movie wasn't necessary to introduce him.  Steal the batteries, shoot up some ships - it was like 10 min of the movie devoted to that particular arc.  If that was the point, the rest was filler.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, theJ said:

Sure, but that movie wasn't necessary to introduce him.  Steal the batteries, shoot up some ships - it was like 10 min of the movie devoted to that particular arc.  If that was the point, the rest was filler.

It was a textbook example of a studio rushing out a sequel to take advantage of the popularity of the first one.  That never goes well.  

45 minutes ago, theJ said:

Beyond just enjoying the plot for what it was, there was plenty going on, especially in terms of character development. Nebula went from a paper cut out sidekick villain to a fully fleshed out multi-layered character. The Yondu/Ego saga was extremely important to Peter's development as well as Gamora's both in and out of their relationship together. They both reassessed who/what they considered family and who they let in and close to. Rocket learned to be more trusting and to not push people away. Without this development, Quill probably doesnt have as visceral of a reaction to Thanos killing Gamora. Nebula probably wouldnt involve herself at all (or in Endgame). Gamora probably doesnt reveal the location of the soul stone when Thanos is torturing Nebula because they'd still be mortal enemies. Rocket might not be as inclined to help out Thor or stick around in Endgame, especially to risk his life to save his family. Drax probably doesnt learn his invisibility technique. Its all pretty important to the greater MCU. 

• Like 4