The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

14 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

He’s an overconfident, megalomaniac, with high IQ. That’s pretty common fodder for villains in superhero stories (see: like 50% of superhero stories ever made).

You’re mad because he looks like an ordinary white dude and had like a line about JJ being feminist or something? Seems a bit of an overreach to say the least.

You've identified the problem with the season. They took a generic boring villain, sprinkled some MRA/Incel on him and tossed it in the microwave. 

You know good and well that it wasn't a single line and was instead an overarching narrative of the season. Either that or you just weren't paying attention. 

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Have I done that?

I seem to remember it happening, but I'm also not going to dig through 20 pages of post history to go and find it, so I'm just going to say "my bad" for the implication. I may be confusing you with one of the other mods.

On 7/4/2019 at 6:03 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Drink for predictability

Could’ve done that when you got a sads about JJ’s villain. Also, I was asking a question for clarity. Because that seems like what is upsetting to you. But good try though.

16 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I thought we might have finally been making some progress with the white-knighters calling everybody mad, but we're still here I guess. SMH. Come up with something new

Lulz. White-knighters. And you think we’re speaking from a script...

16 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You've identified the problem with the season. They took a generic boring villain, sprinkled some MRA/Incel on him and tossed it in the microwave. 

You know good and well that it wasn't a single line and was instead an overarching narrative of the season. Either that or you just weren't paying attention. 

Let’s assume there was an inspiration from MRA/incel sources. Is that a problem?

You started this complaint by saying the writers were specifically going after people who complained about Captain Marvel (which is impossible) and The Last Jedi (which is so improbable it’s beyond ludicrous). Because they knew the show was “canceled” so the writers had to get their digs in on the people who complained. Except then you’re also saying the shows are possibly (likely?) going to Disney+, so are they even actually canceled? If not, there goes the impetus for your conspiracy theory.

But now, the problem isn’t that the villain was maliciously targeted for vengeance, but just that he’s generic and boring and maybe a bit inspired by MRA/incel activists. So which is it? Is this a vicious plot to make a mockery of people who didn’t like The Last Jedi, a completely unrelated intellectual property written by people wholly unrelated, or is it just that the villain is cookie-cutter?

Finally, he wrestled the superhero because he believed she wouldn’t use her powers. His whole point is that the only reason she can win is because she “cheats”. Without them, he doesn’t think she’d win. If you missed that, you can’t have been paying any kind of attention. She is only “better” in his eyes because she was unfairly given an unearned advantage, and without that, she is completely unspectacular. So he challenged her to beat him without cheating. That doesn’t undercut his intellect; it’s central to his whole point.

And let’s not forget, the only reason he was going after JJ in the first place was happenstance. It’s not like he sought her out.

Supreme Geek and Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige is expected to unveil brand-new franchise starters at the convention in late July. Chief among them is “The Eternals,” a series about godlike alien beings to be adapted by indie director Chloé Zhao (“The Rider”), which has widely been reported to star Angelina Jolie, Kumail Nanjiani and Richard Madden, as well as “Stranger Things” lead Millie Bobby Brown.

https://variety.com/2019/biz/features/avengers-marvel-comic-con-hall-h-1203262777/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Eternals has a very interesting cast

Apparently, Sony can back of the Spidey Marvel deal per contractual clause if Spider-Man: Far From Home fails to reach $1 bil.

Luckily it already made $600 mil in a week and word of mouth is glowing, so $1 bil is pretty much a lock at this point. 

Even if, by some miracle, it didn't, I still don't think Sony would back out of it. They'd be effing stupid to walk away from making money ham over BOTH fists.

40 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Apparently, Sony can back of the Spidey Marvel deal per contractual clause if Spider-Man: Far From Home fails to reach $1 bil.

Luckily it already made $600 mil in a week and word of mouth is glowing, so $1 bil is pretty much a lock at this point. 

Even if, by some miracle, it didn't, I still don't think Sony would back out of it. They'd be effing stupid to walk away from making money ham over BOTH fists.

So I'll consider it done then, Sony is backing out.

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

So I'll consider it done then, Sony is backing out.

They're not seriously gonna walk away from making a buttload of money off both the MCU Spider-Man movies and their own separate Venomverse even if it didn't reach $1 bil, which it will. They're not THAT stupid.

4 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

They're not seriously gonna walk away from making a buttload of money off both the MCU Spider-Man movies and their own separate Venomverse even if it didn't reach $1 bil, which it will. They're not THAT stupid.

Their old email leaks suggest otherwise.

The original Spider-Man deal was for 5 movies which has been completed. Sony can exit if they want, but I don’t think they can use Tom Holland if they do. Holland is under contract for one more final Spider-Man movie currently.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast