The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

12 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I want a Ghost Rider movie. Don't even care if it's Robbie Reyes. 

Seems to be some smoke rumor-wise. Think there was even speculation of a Disney+ show.

Curious who they go with, there are so many at this point to chose from. I’d be surprised if one didn’t show up in the next 5 years at all. Too many seeds for the more supernatural side of marvel not to do something with them all.

Would be nice to finally get Mephisto out in the open, but could do Lilith or any number of supernatural big bads.

5 hours ago, Xenos said:

I didn’t want to go into the Shang Chi thread because I probably won’t be able to see it until it is available on Disney Plus. So what’s everyone’s non spoiler opinions so far?

B+. You'll have a good time. I want to see it again, but will probably wait until the October Disney+ release. 

• Like 1

Uh oh. 

In a report on The Wall Street Journal about the fallout of Johansson's legal filing, the outlet claims that the uncertainty the lawsuit has created has caused filmmakers Joe and Anthony Russo to think twice about returning for a new Marvel movie.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/russo-brothers-impasse-direct-another-marvel-movie-scarlett-johansson-lawsuit/

Also Bob Chapek took over for Bob Iger as Disney CEO about a year and a half back. Folks have been skeptical due to his handling of the Disney theme parks. 

TO THE SHAREHOLDERS!!!!!!!

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

12 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Action good? How would you rank it?

I hate giving rating the scale never makes sense to me the way others perceive it. I enjoyed the fight scenes a lot. The cinematography was spot on. The visual effects were solid. If I had a gripe, its the amount of flashbacks. I just hate flashbacks. I wish they found another way to inform the story honestly. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I hate giving rating the scale never makes sense to me the way others perceive it. I enjoyed the fight scenes a lot. The cinematography was spot on. The visual effects were solid. If I had a gripe, its the amount of flashbacks. I just hate flashbacks. I wish they found another way to inform the story honestly. 

It is very flashback heavy, yeah.

Which I think helped his father Wen Wu a lot, as well as helping add some more context for Shang-Chi’s sister. But it was a bit of a detriment to Simu playing Shang-Chi. 
It ties into one of the larger criticism I could give for it, they really wait a long time to give him the right amount of hero moments and reasons to love him as the newest marvel hero. They really build out a part of the world in this, so there are a lot of other characters. It all comes together in the finale. But it made me want more of it.

Overall it’s a fun marvel film. Good choreography and action. A lot of likable characters. It’s always fun to go into these with more of a blank slate that they can introduce you to. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 6:24 PM, Deadpulse said:

I mean ranking it among the other MCU films and tv shows.

Shang-Chi and the Legends of the Ten Rings is making a heroic showing at the box office, where it will smash the record for Labor Day openings.

The Marvel Studios title from filmmaker Destin Daniel Cretton grossed $29.6 million in Friday ticket sales from 4,300 locations. Internationally, it has grossed $23.4 million, bringing Shang-Chi‘s combined haul to $53 million. The PG-13 movie, which earned positive reviews and a glowing A Cinemascore, stars Simu Liu as Marvel’s newest hero.

With expectations set for an opening of $75-85 million for the four-day frame, Shang-Chi is poised to be one of the biggest domestic openings of the pandemic and will smash the Labor Day weekend record previously held by the 2007 Halloween, which earned $30.6 over the four-day frame.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/box-office-shang-chi-marvel-simu-liu-1235005567/

Pretty good considering the circumstances. 

19 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Shame its international box office is taking a hit since it hasn't been approved here yet (if it's released here at all). And it's of course not going to be on Disney+ until October so I'm going to have to avoid spoilers like the plague.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast