The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

27 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Thought he did great with Wandavision, seemed fairly integral to getting that show together the right way.

Listening to the Always Sunny podcast they talk about him a lot. Like how good to work with him as much as they did, wishing he could come back. Seems like a trend hearing interviews in different places he went.

Glad he has some big budget TV to his name. Hopefully this means for sure casting is dropping at D23.

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

The keynote here is that we know he can kill the "timeless" vibe depending on which direction they go. 

You think they’ll do the retro take, like where they are from back then and emerge today? Or just bring that sort of nostalgic homey vibe to a strictly modern one?

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

You think they’ll do the retro take, like where they are from back then and emerge today? Or just bring that sort of nostalgic homey vibe to a strictly modern one?

It's one or the other I think. However with rumors swirling that Quantumania is gonna have a Doom cameo late as well as Wakanda Forever, it would make sense that they are a retro group that is "out of time". We also can't rule out any universe merging via Doctor Strange's incursion tease with Clea. There are oodles of angles to take it is hard to pin down the plan. Of course, they have two entities to introduce here, but I think X-Men will be a secret that has existed in the shadows. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

It's one or the other I think. However with rumors swirling that Quantumania is gonna have a Doom cameo late as well as Wakanda Forever, it would make sense that they are a retro group that is "out of time". We also can't rule out any universe merging via Doctor Strange's incursion tease with Clea. There are oodles of angles to take it is hard to pin down the plan. Of course, they have two entities to introduce here, but I think X-Men will be a secret that has existed in the shadows. 

Yeah kinda where I’m at with the mutants.
Big brain version would be they appear in the MCU reality once it gets merged. But that’s a lot more build up.

I think having them come in in a scifi way would be a good new way. Kinda off the bat shows they get those characters way more than Fox did.

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah kinda where I’m at with the mutants.
Big brain version would be they appear in the MCU reality once it gets merged. But that’s a lot more build up.

I think having them come in in a scifi way would be a good new way. Kinda off the bat shows they get those characters way more than Fox did.

fully agreed. The slow introduction is already happening with Ms Marvel and Namor. Give mutants like Wolverine, Kitty Pryde, Storm, Rogue and Magik supporting roles in projects going forward. My may not be possible giving what we know already but still want it way of introducing them would be:

Wolverine in an eventual Hulk solo outing as an initial enemy turned frienemy. 

Storm in a after credit for Wakanda Forever or just in a third Panther flick

Rogue in a Captain Marvel solo outing

Magik in the third Strange movie

In Guardians as a love interest for Quill after a visit to Earth that he "forgets" is still in the milano when he has to take off. 

Whole thread, but speculation time, someone from the Star Wars franchise (movie or show) is on the short list for Mr Fantastic. Oscar Isaac would have been my first though, but obviously Moon Knight. and Alden Ehrenreich is in Ironheart so not going to be him.

3 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Whole thread, but speculation time, someone from the Star Wars franchise (movie or show) is on the short list for Mr Fantastic. Oscar Isaac would have been my first though, but obviously Moon Knight. and Alden Ehrenreich is in Ironheart so not going to be him.

Hmm

Driver, Boyega or Domhnall Gleeson?
Riz Ahmed, Diego Luna, Pedro Pascal?

Penn Badgley and to a lesser extent Jamie Dornan have been getting some buzz as possibly getting it too.

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

I wouldn’t trust anything from Grace Randolph or Devin Faraci, who created the Penn Badgley rumor and then said it was his speculation. They are both horrible people. 

Grace has gotten some stuff right…maybe it was just blind darts, she kinda sucks though too yeah.

3 hours ago, Acgott said:

I wouldn’t trust anything from Grace Randolph or Devin Faraci, who created the Penn Badgley rumor and then said it was his speculation. They are both horrible people. 

Yea, its still John and no one can convince me otherwise until the film comes out and I pay to see it. 

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Yea, its still John and no one can convince me otherwise until the film comes out and I pay to see it. 

The biggest reason why it was never John to me is we miss Reed’s entire arc. And yeah…multiverse, but it makes it far more simple to have an entirely different person be the guy we see go through everything to the point he has a family and is fairly well adjusted like MoM Reed was.

Okay, so apparently there was a tease of Wolverine in She-Hulk.

That's literally the only thing that will get me back.

I'm interested in Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, and I'll watch those two eventually, but I feel like half the stuff I'm going to skip.

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Okay, so apparently there was a tease of Wolverine in She-Hulk.

That's literally the only thing that will get me back.

I'm interested in Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, and I'll watch those two eventually, but I feel like half the stuff I'm going to skip.

I missed that apparently. They also explicitly said “mutation” in Ms Marvel. They’re coming.

Edited by kingseanjohn

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast