> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

40 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Maybe Jaylon Johnson on the Bears. Has to be a bad team that's more than just a QB away, like the Lions were. I don't know who all has been good at CB this year. We aren't going to get another Slay or a Jalen Ramsay, but we can get a really good #2 CB.

With BG, Fletcher and other high salary Vets most likely coming off the books/roster next season and the Eagles probably filling those positions with Rookie contracts. 

Is it not possible to resign Bradberry, keep that tandem together?

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Is spending a first to upgrade our third DE really the correct usage of a resource? now if were top 3 and are talking generational talent than yeah do it but as we far farther from those dreams I think we probably should just draft a starting corner.

For me, you can’t get too much pass rush. We heavily rotate. And with Reddicks versatility it would be easy for 3 guys to rotate 2 starting gigs and all of them have a big impact on the game while remaining fresh. It’s a premium position worth the investment. I think a corner is in play though if we fall out of the top 10. 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

For me, you can’t get too much pass rush. We heavily rotate. And with Reddicks versatility it would be easy for 3 guys to rotate 2 starting gigs and all of them have a big impact on the game while remaining fresh. It’s a premium position worth the investment. I think a corner is in play though if we fall out of the top 10. 

Our pass rush is the best in the league currently so like do we need more really?

41 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

With BG, Fletcher and other high salary Vets most likely coming off the books/roster next season and the Eagles probably filling those positions with Rookie contracts. 

Is it not possible to resign Bradberry, keep that tandem together?

I don't think Bradberry will be worth what he wants after this season. He ain't giving us any discount, and we kinda need to find an outside CB that will still be good 3 years from now.

Edited by Jeezla

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I want Reddick, Sweat, and another 10+ sack DE on the field at the same time. Let Reddick freestyle from the LB spot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Our pass rush is the best in the league currently so like do we need more really?

With Barnett a scrub and on his last year next year and BG on his way out I can’t understand how you don’t want the pantry restocked. The interior may look completely different next year. I can be convinced of taking a CB but then you’re talking about drafting one. The concept was to trade for a proven DE. That’s plug and play as opposed to a rookie CB that may or may not work out. I’ll take either frankly but if someone offers up a young, proven DE for that 1st, ala AJ, I’m jumping all over it. 

Ultimately we are in a position where we should be taking BPA with every pick, BUT if they're two similarly graded prospects, take the one where we'll be more in need. 

We have 2 1,000 yard receivers this year, (Brown has 1300 yards and still 2 games left to play).

D-Line is always going to be a need, simple fact of life. Honestly, it feels like more of the same this year just for the long term.

D-Line and CB, maybe a sprinkling of Safety and RB (Only because Miles is going to get paid somewhere) 

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

Ultimately we are in a position where we should be taking BPA with every pick, BUT if they're two similarly graded prospects, take the one where we'll be more in need. 

We have 2 1,000 yard receivers this year, (Brown has 1300 yards and still 2 games left to play).

D-Line is always going to be a need, simple fact of life. Honestly, it feels like more of the same this year just for the long term.

D-Line and CB, maybe a sprinkling of Safety and RB (Only because Miles is going to get paid somewhere) 

DL and CB are the only thing we’re looking at in the 1st or it’s going to be a trade down. Maybe some stud RT tests off the charts and he can learn for a year or two, I dunno. But safety and RB are more 2nd and 3rd round targets. 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

DL and CB are the only thing we’re looking at in the 1st or it’s going to be a trade down. Maybe some stud RT tests off the charts and he can learn for a year or two, I dunno. But safety and RB are more 2nd and 3rd round targets. 

This goes against my conventional wisdom. But I'd rather not take a RT in this draft yet, I'd rather get someone who can contribute right away. I think Lane still has 2 more years, and he'll play at a high level. Unless Lane makes his intentions known to be playing his final year next year for certain.

13 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

If some team offers Isaac a nice deal to be their RG, we could def go RG in the 1st. Have a feeling BPA around our own 1st round pick will be OG/S/CB.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

With Barnett a scrub and on his last year next year and BG on his way out I can’t understand how you don’t want the pantry restocked. The interior may look completely different next year. I can be convinced of taking a CB but then you’re talking about drafting one. The concept was to trade for a proven DE. That’s plug and play as opposed to a rookie CB that may or may not work out. I’ll take either frankly but if someone offers up a young, proven DE for that 1st, ala AJ, I’m jumping all over it. 

Oh I do know that DT will be a big need but also CB and like mentioned above we will probably need  RG as well.

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

A huge part of that is the fact we've had the easiest schedule in the league. We're constantly up 10+ points on our opponents, and that means lots of pass rush opportunities in the 2nd halves of games, which is where most of our sacks happen, as teams have to pass to catch up.