> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Thoughts on Tank Bigsby? I think he would also be a good fit here. 

Runs way too upright and always seemed to do not much against ranked schools that Auburn can't bully. I think he's going to get lit up in the NFL the way he runs. I wouldn't call him stiff, but he's sort of robotic.

Edited by Jeezla

I get the thunder + lightning situation with Charbonnet and Gainwell, but I'd also be just fine with Spears + Gainwell. It's not like Charbonnet would get 20 carries, even if he could handle it. Charbonnet would probably get 15. Spears can handle 15 carries, and he's got that HR at any given time ability. Would I prefer Charbonnet at the Goal line, especially since the Jalen sneak play will get tossed? Yes, but I still think Spears would be fine there, even if he can't "move the pile" so to speak. He can find a tiny crease and hit it at 100 mph.

Edited by Jeezla

37 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

No one would cry 8 years from now if it's a super successful pick and we win a SB at the very least. 

Idc who the pick is tbh as long as its not a bust lol

The chiefs were the first team in decades to win a super bowl with a first round pick rookie on their rookie contract. He didnt play in the game.

8 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

The chiefs were the first team in decades to win a super bowl with a first round pick rookie on their rookie contract. He didnt play in the game.

Comparing Bijian to CEH is the difference between shooting a bullet and throwing it 

Eagles would also be the first team in a long time to be in the Super Bowl and have a top 10 pick to use on an elite RB prospect 

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Comparing Bijian to CEH is the difference between shooting a bullet and throwing it 

Eagles would also be the first team in a long time to be in the Super Bowl and have a top 10 pick to use on an elite RB prospect 

I wasnt comparing the two players. I was comparing the fact that adding a running back in the first round hasn't helped teams win superbowls.

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I wasnt comparing the two players. I was comparing the fact that adding a running back in the first round hasn't helped teams win superbowls.

You are comparing them by putting your typical end of round RB prospect in the same bucket as Bijian 

Bijian is an elite prospect in a draft with few elite prospects. The Eagles have the roster foundation and a high enough pick to make it work 

• Like 1

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

You are comparing them by putting your typical end of round RB prospect in the same bucket as Bijian 

Bijian is an elite prospect in a draft with few elite prospects. The Eagles have the roster foundation and a high enough pick to make it work 

The eagles don't have a defense under contract. Foundation isn't that great.  

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

So just draft a worse player at a different position and that solves all those problems. You right girl, you right 

You used the pretense that drafting a running back made sense to the Eagles because of their foundation currently in place.

I pointed out that just isn't true so now you are shifting your argument. 

And yes I do believe the eagles should use pick 10 on defense or trade down. The eagles invest in their OL so that they dont have to invest in running back. It would be a waste of resources.