> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

Jose Ramirez is a guy to keep an eye on if we do switch to more of a traditional 3/4. 

His 40 was nothing special at 4.73, but 6.95 3-cone, 4.3 shuttle, and a solid 34.5" vert.

6'2" 242 32 3/4" arms. He probably doesn't get drafted until the 4th, but he was dominant at Shrine Game practices and also in the game iirc. Eastern Michigan, just like Maxx Crosby.

Edited by Jeezla

22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Felix is better right now than all of those guys as far as pass rush moves and leverage

Oh yeah he definitely has a deeper bag.

22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

but it's hard to tell if he's a good athlete that can turn the corner in the NFL

Doubt even if he did participate that he would’ve done the 3 cone like most EDGEs didn’t. I guess you could’ve used how he looked moving during the on-field drills to see the fluidity like running that hoop drill. I like his athleticism and game more than I did Barnett when he came out, but that’s not saying a whole lot.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't think Ade makes it past DET/TB/SEA at 18/19/20 and the absolute farthest I could see him falling is to Dallas at 27.

Dallas picks 26th, but him jumping all the way to middle of the 1st would be pretty crazy. He definitely seems like a Seattle type of player though. They love those jumbo type DEs that can kick inside.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Don’t think Gibbs will be available at our 2nd, but this definitely seems like a pretty realistic mock.

Yaya’s testing definitely surprised me. I was barely aware of him coming into the combine, but those numbers will definitely make people go turn to the tape.

I liked this part of his overview on his NFL.com draft profile cause Desai definitely likes to stunt more than Gannon. 

Diaby one of the few I actually watched a good amount of before the senior bowl, and that athleticism shows up frequently on tape, even if he's not getting a sack. He's basically Will McDonald, but not quite as explosive or consistent. He definitely wasn't as good at the senior bowl as I thought he would be, but still had some moments, kind of like Foskey. 

• Like 1

Would be nice if Desai came out and verbally committed to a scheme, because right now, all of these dudes are on the table, and I don't really know where to start with my scouting. I wasn't mocking Will McDonald or Nolan Smith to us when Gannon was still looking like our DC, but now all bets are off.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

Who the heck is Robert Beal? He's on Georgia, ran a 4.48 at 6'4" 247 with 34 5/8" arms, apparently was a 5 star recruit, and I think this is the first time I ever heard about him. Is this Josh Sweat 2.0?

Edited by Jeezla

I'll admit right now I didn't watch Jack Campbell at all this year, because I thought he looked so freaking average the year before.

Owen Pappoe on the other hand, also didn't watch him at all this year, but liked him a lot the year before. Liked him even more than Nakobe, but purely as an OLB, not a MLB.

Edited by Jeezla

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

1.59 ten yard split and 6.74 3 cone at basically 250 lbs… damn

Will he be available at 62 or will he go early to mid 2nd?

This shocks me. I always thought of him as one of those good players but big and slow Big Ten kinda guys.

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Owen Pappoe on the other hand, also didn't watch him at all this year, but liked him a lot the year before. Liked him even more than Nakobe, but purely as an OLB, not a MLB.

Pappoe I haven't watched this past season, but in the year prior I thought he was one of those peaked in college kinda guys.

11 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Who the heck is Robert Beal? He's on Georgia, ran a 4.48 at 6'4" 247 with 34 5/8" arms, apparently was a 5 star recruit, and I think this is the first time I ever heard about him. Is this Josh Sweat 2.0?

I had also literally never heard of him when I saw his numbers yesterday.