2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

13 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Woah woah woah...I don't wanna get into a debate about religion here, but I just have to say that you don't have to believe in a god to be spiritual. In fact, they can be ENTIRELY unrelated. 

atheism usually equals materialism as a world view. That is my only implication. 

1 minute ago, Bernie's Curls said:

Can we agree to stop the theistic/atheistic debate? It really doesn't seem to bode well in the long run in a community-driven forum. Also, Josh Allen sucks.

I know right?? He's HORRIBLEEEE

Rocket Arm, great Wonderlic score...and uhh...I'm out of ideas here...I think he's a nice guy?

22 minutes ago, Bernie's Curls said:

Can we agree to stop the theistic/atheistic debate? It really doesn't seem to bode well in the long run in a community-driven forum. Also, Josh Allen sucks.

It was three posts and it was the nature of atheism as world view. 

It wasn’t really a debate. 

I am so tempted to argue my point, but for the sake of Bernie's Curls, I shall digress.

Either way, it's Friday night, we're on the clock in less than 20 days, and I AM PUMPED!

This is the most exciting month of the year, which is kinda sad, but I could care less. DRAFT MONTH BABY!!!!

Darnold's our guy, anyone who claims Allen is Dorsey's choice is on the wacky tobaccy.

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

So, it appears from the poll results that a very strong majority of us favor Darnold.

And that makes those of you who do not...?

Pretty sure I voted Rosen when this poll first came out. I still believe he's worthy of consideration, but even though Josh is more NFL ready, I view Darnold as the "safer" pick with the higher ceiling. That's a win-win.

30 minutes ago, Bernie's Curls said:

Sorry I guess, I've just watch forums spiral out when politics or religion were brought up. I'm new I know, but I didn't want to see a lively debate get the lock.

This forum is pretty Mack Daddy.

it is intact after jff and 1and 31 and ray farmer. It can handle just about anything. 

Me and @MistaBohmbastic probably only disagreed about the meaning of words more than anything. I’d probably agree with what he means. 

Spirituality is a word that has too varied an amount of meaning to actually be useful. 

The rules of the forum

mean we don’t discuss religion anyway so it wouldn’t go far.

11 minutes ago, bruceb said:

So, it appears from the poll results that a very strong majority of us favor Darnold.

And that makes those of you who do not...?

Some of us may have Darnold and Mayfield as 1a and 1b and may not bat an eyelash at the prospect of either (or heck, maybe a medically-cleared Rosen) leading this team in 2019. It doesn't have to be nether-region-ripping debacle, unlike the blaring warning signs of the Manziel pick. Just as long as we don't pick Josh Allen, because you know...he sucks.

9 minutes ago, Bernie's Curls said:

Some of us may have Darnold and Mayfield as 1a and 1b and may not bat an eyelash at the prospect of either (or heck, maybe a medically-cleared Rosen) leading this team in 2019. It doesn't have to be nether-region-ripping debacle, unlike the blaring warning signs of the Manziel pick. Just as long as we don't pick Josh Allen, because you know...he sucks.

Apart from the "Just as long as we don't pick Josh Allen, because you know...he sucks.", this sounds like millennialspeak as in: "I cannot/do not want to/see no need to/don't like the pressure of having to make a decision."

Darnold and Mayfield are very different QBs.

So much so that one almost cannot be indifferent to selecting one or the other.

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Apart from the "Just as long as we don't pick Josh Allen, because you know...he sucks.", this sounds like millennialspeak as in: "I cannot/do not want to/see no need to/don't like the pressure of having to make a decision."

Darnold and Mayfield are very different QBs.

So much so that one almost cannot be indifferent to selecting one or the other.

Indifferent? Nah. I just perceive this more acutely to the 2004 NFL Draft. Manning, Rivers, Roflisberger. I'm not saying their comparable play styles are remotely the same, but their overall talent to succeed and the tools they bring at an NFL level are similar. It's going to be more on the coaching, physical development, and acquiring surrounding talent to ensure they reach their potential.

Archived