1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Brees was 61%ish in college.

72% last year.

Almost 67% for his career.

Go figure.

I put the increase in % to being hooked up with Payton. Brees getting paired to a WCO coach was perfect for him. He was 62% with SD but 68% with NO. 

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Talking about a comparison for Darnold. I think he could be a better version of Tony Romo. If you look at Romo, he was a pretty darn good NFL QB.

• top35 in career completions 
  • top35 in career yards
  • top25 in career TDS
  • top5 in career rating
  • top40 in career yards per game

You dont realize how good Romo truly was until you look at his stats. Its weird.

I feel like he could be a bigger, stronger, faster, Tony Romo. If so, thats a damn good QB!

That is a good one. Room had a similar game to Rodgers didn’t he? 

Less arm talent though. 

I think Romo would of gone further with a better team.

13 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

You do realize stats in college don’t equal stats in the nfl? It’s so much more complex than raw stats. 

yes I do. I just like the style he plays with, is something that could be molded to look like Brees, if he is in the right system

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

That is a good one. Room had a similar game to Rodgers didn’t he? 

Less arm talent though. 

I think Romo would of gone further with a better team.

I think the Cowboys could of been better the past two years with Romo on Prescott. 

Majority of his career he never had a very good defense behind him 

You also look at Romo's TOs, they could be very similar to Darnold. Romo's best season, going 13-3 4200+ 36 TDs. He threw 19 INTs and fumbled the ball 10x.

IMO Darnold is always going to have a decent amount of INTs in a season. I think he will avg double digit INTs a season for his career. I think with his style of play, its just going to happen. 

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

You do realize stats in college don’t equal stats in the nfl? It’s so much more complex than raw stats. 

You're totally right. At the same time, all these stats and analytics are basically an attempt to sum up the game tape. The stat I like, and I'm blanking on the actual name for it, is the one that measures how well QB's threw their targets open. Were throws behind their receivers? Did they hit them in the numbers? Or, did the throw end up in front of the target, where only he could reach it, and be set up for some major YAC? Either way, Mayfield and Rosen topped that list. Darnold was right there, too. But Allen? Nowhere near the top.

Look, you watch the tape, Baker was incredibly spot on with his throws more consistently than anyone. That shouldn't go unnoticed. Dude has a natural talent. He's going to, at the very least, be a solid starter in the NFL.

Its the height. That's literally the ONLY thing that removes him entirely from the #1 conversation, which is a shame, but that's the way it is. Maybe he doesn't have elite mobility, and maybe he gets a little too amped up. Those are not devastating to a player's potential. But at first overall, you gotta get the guy who LOOKS the part in addition to ballin out. If Rosen and Darnold weren't in this class, Lamar Jackson and  *gag* Josh Allen *gag* would probably go ahead of him. It's not my belief, it's my perception of the way the NFL is.

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

Mayfield is literally one of the most accurate QBs in college football history. If you just look at his stats of Oklahoma, he is 3rd on the list for highest completion % at 69.8.

You must not have read anything else that I wrote in the post after.

10 hours ago, bruceb said:

So, where is @bosko1616 with urinal reports on the other QB visits?

Mayfields was the most noteworthy and interesting. The others were pretty much standard procedure. Nothing interesting. The only thing I’ve heard from my dude was about Lamar Jackson. And apparently Hues the one who really pushed for that visit. Now I mean this is coming from a dude who’s in equipment but There was a rumor hue wants Barkey and Lamar. But like I said it’s purely urinal. lol. 

42 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Mayfields was the most noteworthy and interesting. The others were pretty much standard procedure. Nothing interesting. The only thing I’ve heard from my dude was about Lamar Jackson. And apparently Hues the one who really pushed for that visit. Now I mean this is coming from a dude who’s in equipment but There was a rumor hue wants Barkey and Lamar. But like I said it’s purely urinal. lol. 

You don’t have to defend Hueball by chalking that nonsense up to just urinal talk. I choose to believe any ridiculous ideas associated with that guy. 

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

If we draft Lamar Jackson with anything other than a mid-round pick I'm becoming a Patriots fan or something. Maybe I'll take up knitting or something because I am definitely done, lol.

10 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

You're totally right. At the same time, all these stats and analytics are basically an attempt to sum up the game tape. The stat I like, and I'm blanking on the actual name for it, is the one that measures how well QB's threw their targets open. Were throws behind their receivers? Did they hit them in the numbers? Or, did the throw end up in front of the target, where only he could reach it, and be set up for some major YAC? Either way, Mayfield and Rosen topped that list. Darnold was right there, too. But Allen? Nowhere near the top.

Look, you watch the tape, Baker was incredibly spot on with his throws more consistently than anyone. That shouldn't go unnoticed. Dude has a natural talent. He's going to, at the very least, be a solid starter in the NFL.

Its the height. That's literally the ONLY thing that removes him entirely from the #1 conversation, which is a shame, but that's the way it is. Maybe he doesn't have elite mobility, and maybe he gets a little too amped up. Those are not devastating to a player's potential. But at first overall, you gotta get the guy who LOOKS the part in addition to ballin out. If Rosen and Darnold weren't in this class, Lamar Jackson and  *gag* Josh Allen *gag* would probably go ahead of him. It's not my belief, it's my perception of the way the NFL is.

First off let me say I’m not poo pooing stats because they can be useful, just you need to exercise caution when using them. The offense Mayfield ran is notorious for scheming wrs open using misdirection and “picks”. He was throwing to wide open guys all the time hence the high completion percentage. I know it’s impossible to do but I would have loved to see the other top qb prospects have a chance to play in it. The same can be said if the Oklahoma State offense, stats are inflated. 

Ok having said that, I agree I see Mayfield being at least a good qb in the nfl. And with my eyes I do agree he is a very accurate qb. But the other top two guys are just as accurate, or if you will ball placement. In fact I was the guy in the college season the year before this one that was arguing to people that Mayfield indeed can be an nfl prospect. When they were comparing him to Johnny manziel, I was saying that he’s not manziel. 

3 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

First off let me say I’m not poo pooing stats because they can be useful, just you need to exercise caution when using them. The offense Mayfield ran is notorious for scheming wrs open using misdirection and “picks”. He was throwing to wide open guys all the time hence the high completion percentage. I know it’s impossible to do but I would have loved to see the other top qb prospects have a chance to play in it. The same can be said if the Oklahoma State offense, stats are inflated. 

Ok having said that, I agree I see Mayfield being at least a good qb in the nfl. And with my eyes I do agree he is a very accurate qb. But the other top two guys are just as accurate, or if you will ball placement. In fact I was the guy in the college season the year before this one that was arguing to people that Mayfield indeed can be an nfl prospect. When they were comparing him to Johnny manziel, I was saying that he’s not manziel. 

Bold - Mayfield had the highest completion percentage and accurate throw % in the class on PFF "NFL throws" and "tight window" throws.

Darnold and Allen would not have done as well in Oklahoma's scheme (obviously just my opinion) because their games are much more predicated on "outside of scheme" throws and plays. (On Allen's part, at least partially because he panics at pressure so fast and feels phantom rushers, for Darnold more because his line wasn't good.) Rosen would probably have been similar to Mayfield's passing results in that offense. I think Lamar would've maybe had even more big games, but some worse ones too due to his consistency issues.

I really think it's a pick your poison at this point. Not scared of off-the-field and fiery personalities, along with a belief that college has a strong correlation to the pros? Mayfield. Want a highly intellectual guy who just plain knows the game combined with a solid arm? Rosen. Want a guy who flashes "special" on off-platform deep balls and has a hell of an arm? Darnold. Want the guy with the potential to change the game every week in ways you can't predict? Jackson. Want a probable bust who "looks" like an elite QB prospect? Allen.

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Bold - Mayfield had the highest completion percentage and accurate throw % in the class on PFF "NFL throws" and "tight window" throws.

Darnold and Allen would not have done as well in Oklahoma's scheme (obviously just my opinion) because their games are much more predicated on "outside of scheme" throws and plays. (On Allen's part, at least partially because he panics at pressure so fast and feels phantom rushers, for Darnold more because his line wasn't good.) Rosen would probably have been similar to Mayfield's passing results in that offense. I think Lamar would've maybe had even more big games, but some worse ones too due to his consistency issues.

I really think it's a pick your poison at this point. Not scared of off-the-field and fiery personalities, along with a belief that college has a strong correlation to the pros? Mayfield. Want a highly intellectual guy who just plain knows the game combined with a solid arm? Rosen. Want a guy who flashes "special" on off-platform deep balls and has a hell of an arm? Darnold. Want the guy with the potential to change the game every week in ways you can't predict? Jackson. Want a probable bust who "looks" like an elite QB prospect? Allen.

/thread

/mockdraftqboffseasonpostsforbrownsforum

Archived