2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

11 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I don't give a rat's #%% how good my QB is at math and logic problems. I care how smart he is in regards to making decisions immediately pre and post snap. And in those areas Peyton Manning is basically the goat. I mean, he got at least two years of elite production out of his arm after it had gone full noodle.

Absolutely, and his score indicated he wasn’t a moron, which is really the only point imo.

11 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

The wonderlic doesn't matter at all except in revealing possible learning disabilities.

It shows who the intelligent folks are and who the.... less intelligent folks are.  That doesn’t mean they can’t play football or even be savants at football while not knowing how to do math, but i think it’s fair to say the result do typically correlate to intelligence.

How smart do you have to be to a good qb? Probably an iq of 100. But ideally 120-130. Anything else is excess really. 

Most people have an iq around 100. 

Anything under that play books will be learned slower and difficult concepts might not be grasped.

9 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I feel like you're missing the point on this one a bit freaky. People aren't worried about Rosen's Wonderlic score. It's absolutely fine. As you say, it doesn't reveal any possible learning difficulties. Nobody is claiming otherwise. The issue is that some believe to varying degrees that Rosen acts like he is smarter than most people. How true that is, none of us really know but there's no denying that there has been a lot of smoke in the comments of Jim Mora, Trent Dilfer and a number of others.

The awkward/funny bit of the soap opera is that Josh Allen scored much higher on the only uniform intelligence test that has been issued to the QB prospects.

This.

Based on all the fluff about his personality I’d have expected 40+ tbh.

Nothing wrong with a 28, but it’s a lot like the guy who makes 50k a year trying to impress you with his new Accord.  There’s nothing wrong with it, it’s a good car, but not something I’d necessarily be bragging about.

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

How smart do you have to be to a good qb? Probably an iq of 100. But ideally 120-130. Anything else is excess really. 

Most people have an iq around 100. 

Anything under that play books will be learned slower and difficult concepts might not be grasped.

68 on IQ = 5 on Wonderlic

85 on IQ = 14 on Wonderlic

100 on IQ = 22 on Wonderlic

115 on IQ = 29 on Wonderlic

132 on IQ = 36 on Wonderlic

Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen are all above average. Allen is extremely intelligent, in the top 5%. Jackson's in the bottom 15%.

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

68 on IQ = 5 on Wonderlic

85 on IQ = 14 on Wonderlic

100 on IQ = 22 on Wonderlic

115 on IQ = 29 on Wonderlic

132 on IQ = 36 on Wonderlic

Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen are all above average. Allen is extremely intelligent, in the top 5%. Jackson's in the bottom 15%.

That is super interesting. It is a shame intelligence can’t fix accuracy for Allen. It reminds me of Fitzpatrick, his wonderlic was 48.

Interesting that Rosen’s intelligence is so low. Most people doing phd’s don’t have friends with iqs under 120. Rosen calls himself a scholar. He may be able to do a PhD with that level iq. But he probably wouldn’t be able to do a good one.

According to a Canadian psychologist about the iq friends correlation.* 

I do leadership/IQ tests for a board I work on guys. This is all terribly wrong application of that test. I'm done talking about it because clearly everyone knows that a 50 questions test is an accurate measure of overall intelligence. Urgh.

24 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I do leadership/IQ tests for a board I work on guys. This is all terribly wrong application of that test. I'm done talking about it because clearly everyone knows that a 50 questions test is an accurate measure of overall intelligence. Urgh.

lol accurate measure? or simply just a basic indicator that the dude maybe aint the second coming of albert camus?

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I can't believe we're worrying about the Wonderlic...the frickin WONDERLIC man...COME ON lol

There's more outliers than legitimate correlations between a high score and a great player. Can we get back to REAL discussion, please?

Do you want a qb as dumb as rocks. All you want is a qb with an iq 100+ 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Do you want a qb as dumb as rocks. All you want is a qb with an iq 100+ 

I don't want Ryan Fitzpatrick, Greg McElroy, Blaine Gabbert, Drew Henson, etc...All of which scored 42 or higher.

Bottom line: this is NOT a good measuring tool for elite QB's.

Just now, MistaBohmbastic said:

I don't want Ryan Fitzpatrick, Greg McElroy, Blaine Gabbert, Drew Henson, etc...All of which scored 42 or higher.

Bottom line: this is NOT a good measuring tool for elite QB's.

Yes. Sure. 

You need a man who can read, count, audible etc

you dont want someone with an iq of 85 at qb

2 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Dorsey drafted Pat Mahomes. He scored 24. If that doesn't say how much Dorsey values Wonderlic results, I don't know what does.

24 isn’t a bad score, I’m not sure Dorsey drafting him says anything one way or another about how he feels about it.

Archived