So who do you think wins the NFC East this season?

aceinthehouse

2022 Division winner  

71 members have voted

1. 1. So who wins the NFC East in 2022…?

• Dallas Cowboys= Last years Division Winner
    • Philadelphia Eagles= Playoff team last year
    • Washington Commanders= The beginning of a new era
    • New York Giants= Does the sleeping Giant awake?

3 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Ignore the troll. He thinks anyone who isn't graveling at the feet of the Eagles is just a hater or a homer, despite the person just giving an honest opinion and having no connection to the team whatsoever.

And to be perfectly blunt here @Matts4313 he's been making you look good lately too. Because for years I thought you were the most homer fan in the NFCE on the forum and I take that back now lol.

Bruh…. @SteelKing728is in every single Eagles related thread in NFL News thread with subliminal or back handed comments. Ask him. You’re upset I answered your post with more logic than you could handle even responding to, but I’m the troll cause I got on you for comparing Alshon who was already losing his athleticism on on the downturn of his career to AJ z brown who is still 24 years old and If not for injuries early in the season would’ve had his 3rd consecutive 1k season to start his career in a run heavy offense. 

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Bruh…. @SteelKing728is in every single Eagles related thread in NFL News thread with subliminal or back handed comments. Ask him. You’re upset I answered your post with more logic than you could handle even responding to, but I’m the troll cause I got on you for comparing Alshon who was already losing his athleticism on on the downturn of his career to AJ z brown who is still 24 years old and If not for injuries early in the season would’ve had his 3rd consecutive 1k season to start his career in a run heavy offense. 

I post in a lot of NFL News threads.

I like what the Eagles did this offseason. I expect them to win the division, but I think their ceiling is 10 wins this year, with the floor being 6 wins. 

and for what its worth, I don't see Minnesota making the playoffs this season.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't hate the Eagles. I don't expect your team to be any good, but your division is such a dumpster fire that it should only take 8 games to win it.

Except the NFCE isn’t the dumpster fire that it was in 2020 which was a disaster season for the Eagles all around and that saw the Cowboys lose Dak Prescott in week 5. We’ll have 2 playoff teams again this year. Washington got killed down the stretch with COVID and injuries. I could see them hitting 8-9 wins this year. Giants will need time, but will definitely be better this year with two impact rookie draft picks in the top 7 and Judge was awful, so Daboll can only be an upgrade. Plus, they have the 4th most projected cap space in 2023 and I think we can expect them to bring in an upgrade to Jones whether that’s in FA, trade or the draft. I expect them to be at least a couple wins better, but their jump probably happens in year 2 under Daboll.

23 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

What I do hate is Philly fully taking advantage of a stupid Vikings GM who gave up a 1st and 4th for a QB that 1) was never considered a longterm option, 2) had a major injury history with his knees and 3) refused to do anything but checkdown. I hated Minny for making that trade, and I still hate it to this day.

I can’t blame you for that lol. It was a swindling of a lifetime. It’s the trade that probably still has Andrew Berry thinking he should hold onto Mayfield in the hopes some teams starter goes down with a bad injury and he gets lucky and another team is desperate for Baker. Sleeves was something else and lucky he came in the league right before they changed the draft to a rookie pay scale depending on where they were picked, cause he made out like a bandit money wise over his meh NFL career.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

I post in a lot of NFL News threads.

I like what the Eagles did this offseason. I expect them to win the division, but I think their ceiling is 10 wins this year, with the floor being 6 wins. 

and for what its worth, I don't see Minnesota making the playoffs this season.

We could’ve hit 10 wins last year. I don’t see how that’s the ceiling playing a pretty bad schedule again. I could see us hitting above or below that. Maybe not much above, but I could see 11 wins. I could also see 8 wins or something if we run into bad injury luck we were known for after the SB. Last year we stayed relatively healthy except at guard and we had great depth there last year unlike a lot of defensive positions. 

I could see Minnesota competing for a wildcard spot or something. They’ll probably at least be in the hunt. Whether they make the playoffs or not I don’t know. I feel like if Winston stays healthy with their defense and getting Michael Thomas back + adding Olave the Saints are a good bet to get one of those 3 wildcard spots. An NFCE team whether the Eagles or Cowboys likely gets one and that leaves the 3rd spot for a NFCN or NFCW team. Vikings? Niners? Cardinals?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

And to be perfectly blunt here @Matts4313 he's been making you look good lately too. Because for years I thought you were the most homer fan in the NFCE on the forum and I take that back now lol.

Oh and neither me or @Matts4313qualify for biggest homer in the NFCE. 

For as long he still posts on FF that honor will indubitably go to the one and only @aceinthehouse.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Ignore the troll. He thinks anyone who isn't graveling at the feet of the Eagles is just a hater or a homer, despite the person just giving an honest opinion and having no connection to the team whatsoever.

Im mostly just in feisty mood and talking some trash. Im not really sure how I am being a homer tho when I said the Cowboys and Eagles both look like 10-12 win teams and the commies look like they could get to 10. Pretty much saying that a couple key injuries/bad ball bounces the Cowboys could be either first or 3rd in the division. 

I just think its stupid that people think our division is terrible. The only division in the NFC that might have more wins is the West.... and I am down on the West right now. I think it will be close. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Im mostly just in feisty mood and talking some trash. Im not really sure how I am being a homer tho when I said the Cowboys and Eagles both look like 10-12 win teams and the commies look like they could get to 10.

I think that’s a realistic take. I doubt both the Eagles and Cowboys hit 11+, but it’s possible and 10 wins is achievable for the Commanders if Wentz plays fairly well. His arm opens things up a bit more compared to Heinicke. Now will Washington finish with a better record than both the Cowboys and Eagles? I highly doubt that, but they could be somewhat in the mix in the second half of the year. I still think all non-Cowboys team don’t have a true answer as a long term QB, but the teams overall aren’t nearly as bad as a whole as they used to be and the Giants just assembled a good coaching staff and like I said they have the 4th most projected cap space next offseason.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I just think its stupid that people think our division is terrible. The only division in the NFC that might have more wins is the West.... and I am down on the West right now. I think it will be close. 

Agreed. Our division isn’t world beaters and maybe neither of our teams gets past the divisional round, but we aren’t as bad as in the past like some fans of other teams think we are.

12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

10 wins is achievable for the Commanders if Wentz plays fairly well.

No offense to you, but what are we doing here? Have we allowed Ace's misguided optimism to trick us into thinking Wentz will change? He can't change and he won't change. We know exactly who he is at this point in his career. He won't play well, and I bet Washington has a worse year in 2022 than they did last year.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

What are you guys talking about? Our division sucks. We literally don't beat teams over .500 as a collective unit. 

Compare any NFC East to any actually good team- Bucs, any team in the AFC West, Packers. We look like amateur teams. None of us are there yet, period.

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

No offense to you, but what are we doing here? Have we allowed Ace's misguided optimism to trick us into thinking Wentz will change? He can't change and he won't change. We know exactly who he is at this point in his career. He won't play well, and I bet Washington has a worse year in 2022 than they did last year.

Is Carson Wentz worse than Taylor Heinicke?

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Compare any NFC East to any actually good team- Bucs, any team in the AFC West, Packers. We look like amateur teams. None of us are there yet, period.

The best QB in the division, by far, is Dak. A QB who has 1 playoff win in his career, and that win can mostly be attributed to Zeke running all over the Seahawks while Dak played average at best.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Yes. I'd rather have Heinicke than Wentz, especially when you consider the draft capital and money it took to acquire Wentz.

Okay. Remove the latter from the equation for the purpose of my question. Just as it stands, TH starting at QB for Washington this season would win more games than Wentz? I just don't buy it. 

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Is Carson Wentz worse than Taylor Heinicke?

It's a wash, no pun intended. Wentz will give you more positive splash plays, but heiny would be way more consistent/less wtf negative plays.

Edited by Jeezla