So who do you think wins the NFC East this season?

aceinthehouse

2022 Division winner  

71 members have voted

1. 1. So who wins the NFC East in 2022…?

• Dallas Cowboys= Last years Division Winner
    • Philadelphia Eagles= Playoff team last year
    • Washington Commanders= The beginning of a new era
    • New York Giants= Does the sleeping Giant awake?

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Okay. Remove the latter from the equation for the purpose of my question. Just as it stands, TH starting at QB for Washington this season would win more games than Wentz? I just don't buy it. 

I think you are underestimating how much I dislike Wentz as an NFL QB. I'd take just about anyone over him. I can count on one hand the QBs I'd take him over.

Just now, Jeezla said:

It's a wash, no pun intended. Wentz will give you more positive splash plays, but heiny would be way more consistent.

It TH is way more consistent, then Wentz is the most inconsistent QB to ever play. Hey, that may be true. Tampa Bay playoff TH showed up or undrafted JAG TH showed up. They both existed, often in the same game. 

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It TH is way more consistent, then Wentz is the most inconsistent QB to ever play. Hey, that may be true. Tampa Bay playoff TH showed up or undrafted JAG TH showed up. They both existed, often in the same game. 

Wentz is straight bi-polar when it comes to QBing. Wentz isn't a box of chocolates don't know what you'll get either, he's everything flavored jellybeans don't know what you'll get. Jameis Winston is more consistent than Wentz.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

What are you guys talking about? Our division sucks. We literally don't beat teams over .500 as a collective unit. 

There are only 4 QBs in the entire NFL that have a winning record against winning teams. And 3 of them have small sample sizes. The other is Tom Brady.

16 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

No offense to you, but what are we doing here? Have we allowed Ace's misguided optimism to trick us into thinking Wentz will change? He can't change and he won't change. We know exactly who he is at this point in his career. He won't play well, and I bet Washington has a worse year in 2022 than they did last year.

Wentz's issues are in between his ears. He might have extra motivation for an NFCE comeback tour.

17 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Compare any NFC East to any actually good team- Bucs, any team in the AFC West, Packers. We look like amateur teams. None of us are there yet, period.

You mean the same Bucs who would have lost to the Cowboys if our kicker didnt suck?

The same Bucs who did lose to the commies?

Or the Packers team who is just a big a playoff meme as the Cowboys right now? 

Or are you talking about the AFCW that the Cowboys beat the Chargers, got hosed against the Raiders. 

We will see how it all shakes out. No one thought the Bengals were good before last year. NFL is a fickle B

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

The best QB in the division, by far, is Dak. A QB who has 1 playoff win in his career, and that win can mostly be attributed to Zeke running all over the Seahawks while Dak played average at best.

Thats not what happened at all, but okay. 

If Wentz can figure how to find his 2017 form…?

NFC East is gonna get real interesting. He's never gonna have the mobility & escapable knack he once had before his injury.

But he still has that arm. He has the ability to throw it deep that neither Alex Smith & Heinike could do.

It's why Washington sign Fitzpatrick last year, but unfortunately? He got hurt in Week 1, so we never got to see what he could do.

Washington actually did well last year in blocking. Actually had one of the best pass blocking lines. (The Colts not so much, but their run blocking was good)

Point is....If Wentz can get over any confidence issues he has had?

Washington is not only going to provide enough weapons in the passing game for him?

But a good running game as well. 

If the Defense that looks so good on paper, can actually get right this season?

Combined with Wentz success?

Washington could be a playoff contender.

But right now, there's too many "if's" to know for sure.

6 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Not the slightest chance in hell that Wentz will ever return to that *9* game fluke. I think if he gets back to his 2018 form, thats an upgrade for you guys.

41 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

No offense to you, but what are we doing here? Have we allowed Ace's misguided optimism to trick us into thinking Wentz will change? He can't change and he won't change. We know exactly who he is at this point in his career. He won't play well, and I bet Washington has a worse year in 2022 than they did last year.

I see 10 wins as their ceiling. They are more likely around a .500 team to me. Washington could've hit 8 or 9 games last year if not for getting hit hard by COVID and injuries in the 2nd half of last year. They were on a 4 game winning streak in the middle of the year including wins over Buccaneers (Brady), Raiders (Carr), and Seahawks (Wilson). I don't expect Wentz to have some great year, but he could be okay like he was for the Colts on the whole. They gave him another power back and receiver in the 1st round. I doubt Washington has a worse year (6 wins or less) in 2022.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

10 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Love the optimism, but that player is never coming back. He doesn't have the athleticism that he had back then.

He looked like he was running in mud trying to escape the pocket last year.

He doesn't have that same mobility you remember when he was killing Washington.

I think that 2017 season was the perfect storm. Wentz was working hard on his mechanics with throwing coaches in the offseason and was still trying to prove himself and had hard coaching from his QB coach in John DeFilippo and the brain trust for the offense with him, Reich and Pederson was firing on all cylinders. Our OL was fantastic. He had his best WR corps with the Eagles that year. This Washington WR corps is probably the best he's had ever, but his TEs with the Commanders aren't close to Ertz. That was also his 2nd year in the offense and he had familiarity with his targets. 

I think your goal should be to get at least what Indy got out of him. I just don't want you to get your hopes too high.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Love the optimism, but that player is never coming back. He doesn't have the athleticism that he had back then.

He looked like he was running in mud trying to escape the pocket last year.

He doesn't have that same mobility you remember when he was killing Washington.

I think that 2017 season was the perfect storm. Wentz was working hard on his mechanics with throwing coaches in the offseason and was still trying to prove himself and had hard coaching from his QB coach in John DeFilippo and the brain trust for the offense with him, Reich and Pederson was firing on all cylinders. Our OL was fantastic. He had his best WR corps with the Eagles that year. This Washington WR corps is probably the best he's had ever, but his TEs with the Commanders aren't close to Ertz. That was also his 2nd year in the offense and he had familiarity with his targets. 

I think your goal should be to get at least what Indy got out of him. I just don't want you to get your hopes too high.

Definitely

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Heck, I'll be surprised if we keep him healthy all year on that field. Lol

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

Definitely

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Heck, I'll be surprised if we keep him healthy all year on that field. Lol

Carson has typically got hurt late in the season in the past, so you should be good for 75% of the year at least.

He played every game for Indy last year too, so there is some more hope right there.