2023 Draft Talk

swede700

12 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

So, you're ready to trade two pro-bowlers and a 1st round pick for a super high risk QB?   I don't give two . . . . about their physical gifts if their brains and hearts don't match the price.   Of Richardson and Levis, the former is atleast likable but he had some real dud film.   Levis is a train wreck in waiting.   

So no, never give up those kinds of resources without an opportunity to improve the team . . . I.e.:  sure, trade Cook for a 3rd, if you can get that.   Then fill that pick with a body.   The only trade to #3 overall I'd see worthwhile is Hunter and #23, plus next year's 2nd or 3rd so we could get Will Anderson, and even that's not a sure bet.

Its unlikely "Arizona" will want Cook or Z Smith in a direct trade to #3. The assets going to Arizona would likely be exclusively draft picks and possibly Hunter.

I don't foresee Cook and/or Z Smith, being traded for anything higher then a 5th rounder.

Also, no team is climbing 20 spots in the 1st round (into #3) to take a defensive player (it would only be for QB).

• Like 2

Adofo-Mensah:  “Quarterback is the most important position in our sport.  Ultimately, Kevin and I — these aren’t things you just kind of decide in the moment. You have to have plans, you have to have strategies, you have to have different ways of getting to that answer. We’ve had these conversations, they’re ongoing. There’s lots of different avenues in terms of addressing that position. I wouldn’t necessarily box us in to just one. We do know it’s the most important position in this sport and we’ll treat it with that kind of importance.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/13/vikings-would-ideally-like-to-have-next-quarterback-behind-kirk-cousins-for-a-year/

On 4/8/2023 at 1:13 PM, Captain Relax said:

I get to this point every year at this time and make basically the same comment...there is no player in any draft guaranteed to be a success  in the NFL or a bust in the NFL.  To talk about Hooker being a failure as an NFL starter with the certainty that some in this thread are talking is nothing more than conjecture. It's okay to have an opinion...but doggone it...label it as your opinion.

It’s not that serious… it’s implied and understood by almost everyone that these are opinions… hopefully we are adults and don’t need to constantly put “imo.” Get out of your feelings.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

It’s not that serious… it’s implied and understood by almost everyone that these are opinions… hopefully we are adults and don’t need to constantly put “imo.” Get out of your feelings.

it's my opinion that you wrote a very astute comment, except for the last part which was rude and unnecessary.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

it's my opinion that you wrote a very astute comment, except for the last part which was rude and unnecessary.

It’s not meant to be rude or anything more so a little nudge to say shake it off. No different than what we would do to one of our friends. 

On 4/13/2023 at 9:19 AM, wcblack34 said:

Nothing. Because he's never played there in the pros. And he hasn't been great at guard. And he needs a new contract. At best, you could hope for a sixth or a swap for another similar player at a different position. 

I read it somewhere else and was just looking for input but wasn't he a LT prospect coming out that we moved to guard?

10 minutes ago, Boda said:

I read it somewhere else and was just looking for input but wasn't he a LT prospect coming out that we moved to guard?

He played LT at Boise State, so he was obviously listed as a tackle entering the draft. But there’s no information to prove or disprove what position other teams viewed him as playing. 

We do know, or can make an informed guess, that the Vikings never viewed him as a tackle. 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

He played LT at Boise State, so he was obviously listed as a tackle entering the draft. But there’s no information to prove or disprove what position other teams viewed him as playing. 

We do know, or can make an informed guess, that the Vikings never viewed him as a tackle. 

Right but just because the Vikings viewed him as a guard it doesn't mean other teams didn't view him as a Tackle which is kind of why I asked the question. 

5 hours ago, KeithVikings28 said:

It’s not that serious… it’s implied and understood by almost everyone that these are opinions… 

That's interesting.  As the reader of a post, it's not my job to divine the intent of the poster.  I think all of us  could do a better job of communicating clearly and concisely not leaving the reader to interpret whether the poster is sharing an opinion,  or is stating a "fact" that doesn't list a credible source.  If it is "understood" that all is opinion, then I failed that part of Footballs Future orientation, because, a lot of the time I can't tell.

Just read we have the most 1st and 2nd round draft capital into the CB position, yet our CBs are a disaster. Maybe we should just invest more salary cap into proven talent then keep wasting picks on it. Of course, it is a little late this year to do that. 

Edited by AP_allday2869

1 hour ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Just read we have the most 1st and 2nd round draft capital into the CB position, yet our CBs are a disaster. Maybe we should just invest more salary cap into proven talent then keep wasting picks on it. Of course, it is a little late this year to do that. 

Which is another reason Id like them to go sign Shaquill Griffin.  Still only 27 so its not like hed have to be a 1yr guy

Just now, Boda said:

Which is another reason Id like them to go sign Shaquill Griffin.  Still only 27 so its not like hed have to be a 1yr guy

But I really like Christian Gonzalez / Joey Porter Jr / Kelee Ringo / Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson & like a couple other guys

2 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Or maybe a new front office has nothing to do with the past, and it should be ignored. One draft isn't enough to make any decisions on....

• Like 2