Raiders fire President Ventrelle, accuses team of a hostile work environment

NYRaider

I would be less surprises to find out these firings were the people creating the hostile work place. Than I would to find out Mark was. This is literally the first I've heard of anyone saying anything negative about Mark's character.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Dame dash tried to buy the raiders I hope he tries again if all this is true. Esp the part about the female employees being harassed Washington 2.0

A guy that was allegedly involved in a money laundering/tax fraud scheme while running the team making a very broad accusation is not the same as the owner of the team pimping out cheer leaders, lol.

1 hour ago, BigD1123 said:

I would be less surprises to find out these firings were the people creating the hostile work place. Than I would to find out Mark was. This is literally the first I've heard of anyone saying anything negative about Mark's character.

It seems like Ventrelle was honestly similar to Rich, he took over after Badain resigned suddenly last summer when the news broke that our accounting was off and the IRS was potentially going to investigate the team. When Badain resigned so did CFO Ed Villanueva, Senior VP of Strategy and Business Dev Brandon Doll, and controller Araxie Grant.

We also just lost the leader of our operations/analytics team and the president of HR. 

I think the front office was involved in some shady business, the IRS investigation raised the red flags for Mark, and now he's cleaning house. 

Being in Vegas provides so much more potential to generate revenue. Do you think Mark really wants to keep the same guys his dad hired two decades ago in Oakland that were allegedly laundering money/involved in shady business? I doubt it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

A guy that was allegedly involved in a money laundering/tax fraud scheme while running the team making a very broad accusation is not the same as the owner of the team pimping out cheer leaders, lol.

The tax part about is because they stole so much money from the Raiders that the Raiders were underreporting revenue and now have a huge tax bill.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

The tax part about is because they stole so much money from the Raiders that the Raiders were underreporting revenue and now have a huge tax bill.

Yeah he was apart of the front office while all of that happened and was only promoted to president after our former president and a bunch of his staff resigned due to the allegations. I don't think it's a coincidence that the move happened almost immediately after the NFL draft, right around the same time we also replaced a bunch of our scouts, etc. I think Mark wants a fresh start but we needed to keep our infrastructure intact while we were making moves in free agency/preparing for the draft.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Or it's just a distraction from what Ventrelle and his cohorts were actually doing in order to get fired. Of all the NFL owners I think possibly the only trustworthy ones are Arthur Blank and Mark Davis.......

I'd say Davis is one of the only ones that people would probably try to take advantage of because Mark didn't get Al's experiences. Al was the way he was because of his experiences. Mark heard about them but I had to learn from my own mistakes not those of my siblings or parents. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I was talking about the female employees who are coming for mark

Exactly, imo it’s sour grapes BS and nothing more. I refuse to believe MD would just dismiss valid complaints. That’s not just blind faith, I’m 53 for cryin out loud. Lol. I mean some of these stroke master writers have mentioned grudens scandal in the same articles..... that’s ludicrous, that scandal came from the commanders scandal when he was working for ESPN for sh*ts sake!! Some of these hacks couldn’t hide their raider hate in a nuke silo!! 

• Like 3

On 5/8/2022 at 6:07 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

If there's a hostile work environment you should fire the head of HR. Everyone knows Davis is not involved in day to day stuff.

Davis spends 90% of his time getting bowl cuts, buying new flip phones, eating at Guy Fieri's, and watching the LV Aces.  No way he has time to spend all day at the office to see what's really going on.

• Like 1

“Soon thereafter, I was fired in retaliation for raising these concerns. I firmly stand by my decision to elevate these issues to protect the organization and its female employees. I remain committed to doing everything in my power to support the Raiders and the Las Vegas community I now call home. I have retained counsel and will have no further comment at this time.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/06/dan-ventrelle-claims-multiple-female-employees-made-complaints-about-mark-davis/amp/

that’s what I was referring to

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

On 5/10/2022 at 8:02 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

“Soon thereafter, I was fired in retaliation for raising these concerns. I firmly stand by my decision to elevate these issues to protect the organization and its female employees. I remain committed to doing everything in my power to support the Raiders and the Las Vegas community I now call home. I have retained counsel and will have no further comment at this time.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/06/dan-ventrelle-claims-multiple-female-employees-made-complaints-about-mark-davis/amp/

that’s what I was referring to

Yes we know it says "Ventrelle  claims". Do you know him personally because I don't. Why haven't any of these women come forward? He makes the claims after getting fired why didn't the NFL step in he claims he reported it many times. So we will see.

Edited by raidr4life

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Yes we know it says "Ventrelle  claims". Do you know him personally because I don't. Why haven't any of these women come forward? He makes the claims after getting fired why didn't the NFL step in he claims he reported it many times. So we will see.

Yea I don’t trust the nfl basically whatever is best financially for the brand will be done. Doesn’t matter if it’s wrong or right