Ray Diddy walks off into the Sunset

Kiltman

Can't say I've ever really listened to Philly radio. I guess I could nowadays with the radio apps where you can can listen to different stations around the country live. I used to listen to LA sports radio a bit before I went to sleep as a kid with my personal radio I had in my room for like Lakers/Angels stuff, but I never really latched onto it in a big way. I think sports radio is obviously a thing in L.A., but it doesn't seem as big as places like Philly and NYC. I'm not sure how much I could take listening to it every day, especially being an educated fan who uses logic when talking about my team and thinks before I say stuff. A lot of the callers would probably annoy the crap out of me after a while and make me just want to listen to music. I'm sure some calls are hilarious at times, but yeah... most are probably irrational idiots lol.

I would just see stuff on my Twitter timeline quite a bit from Didinger, Missanelli, and Cataldi. Whenever Ray was on my timeline and I listened to a clip or saw a quote of what he said it hardly ever annoyed me. Can't say the same for the other two. 

Congrats on retirement for a legend of Philly broadcasting though. The fact he got to see every team in the city win a championship at some point is pretty cool. You could really hear the emotion in his voice from stepping away from what he loves. Hope he enjoys as much time as he has left spending time with his family. 

Ray is such a historian of the game. His interviews for NFL films/NFL top 10s especially the ones that profiled older events/personalities were some of the best imo. He has such a vast knowledge and history of not just NFL but all the big 4 sports. He grew up a fan watching Tommy McDonald and became the giant shadow that every sports writer in philly would walk in. I’m glad he was able to  see the birds win a SB. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Can't say I've ever really listened to Philly radio. I guess I could nowadays with the radio apps where you can can listen to different stations around the country live. I used to listen to LA sports radio a bit before I went to sleep as a kid with my personal radio I had in my room for like Lakers/Angels stuff, but I never really latched onto it in a big way. I think sports radio is obviously a thing in L.A., but it doesn't seem as big as places like Philly and NYC. I'm not sure how much I could take listening to it every day, especially being an educated fan who uses logic when talking about my team and thinks before I say stuff. A lot of the callers would probably annoy the crap out of me after a while and make me just want to listen to music. I'm sure some calls are hilarious at times, but yeah... most are probably irrational idiots lol.

I would just see stuff on my Twitter timeline quite a bit from Didinger, Missanelli, and Cataldi. Whenever Ray was on my timeline and I listened to a clip or saw a quote of what he said it hardly ever annoyed me. Can't say the same for the other two. 

Congrats on retirement for a legend of Philly broadcasting though. The fact he got to see every team in the city win a championship at some point is pretty cool. You could really hear the emotion in his voice from stepping away from what he loves. Hope he enjoys as much time as he has left spending time with his family. 

I’m currently a delivery driver who has to listen to all of Angelo, then Ritchie/Decamra then Marks/Reese. Angelo sucks, it’s all reactionary takes to rile up the old people awake at 6am. If you were to listen to anyone, I’d recommend Ritchie/Decamra of Marks/Reese. It’s half mind numbing but then there are callers sho talk about things that are logical. There’s so many times when there are takes we’ve had on this forum that I wanted to call in about because I just know it would be a great discussion. 

• Like 1