Raiders trade for QB Jarrett Stidham

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I didn't realize we swapped picks so that makes it a little less weird to me. Still, it's weird.

I don't think that it's weird at all. Ziegler was apart of the front office when the Patriots drafted him in the 4th round and he has 3 years of experience working with McDaniels as a backup QB. It looks like we brought in Nick Mullens as the primary backup, who's a guy that has been around the league for a while and has about a season of starting experience under his belt with 17 career starts. We also brought in Garrett Gilbert who spent time on the Patriots practice squad last season so he's familiar with the system but is also a long shot to make the roster. And then just swapped late round picks to bring in Stidham as a potential 3rd QB, which I don't mind at all. He's only 25 years old and has worked with McDaniels during his entire 3 year NFL career. Even if he never plays a snap for us I think his familiarity with the system will help Carr with little details. 

20 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You're using one game as an example of him not being a bum and ignoring his career in Ten?  His last 3 seasons there were atrocious as he can't read a D if his life depended on it and has a noodle arm. 

I will use three years of game film over one game to back up my claim that he is a bum.  

You said e was a $10 million to a clipboard holding bum so you where talking about his time while he was here.  If you want to discuss his time in Tenn we can but there were reasons why he played as bad as he did and it has already been discussed.  I have never said he was a good or great QB either.  Just stating he is not a bum.

34 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

You said e was a $10 million to a clipboard holding bum so you where talking about his time while he was here.  If you want to discuss his time in Tenn we can but there were reasons why he played as bad as he did and it has already been discussed.  I have never said he was a good or great QB either.  Just stating he is not a bum.

Mariota balled out the one game that he actually played for us too, not sure why he gets hate on here.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mariota balled out the one game that he actually played for us too, not sure why he gets hate on here.

I still wish we'd closed 2020 out with him just to see. We had literally nothing to lose from trying to showcase him. Instead, we let him walk and got nothing in return after spending premium money for his services. 

And I say that as a Carr fan. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I still wish we'd closed 2020 out with him just to see. We had literally nothing to lose from trying to showcase him. Instead, we let him walk and got nothing in return after spending premium money for his services. 

And I say that as a Carr fan. 

The Grudock plan was all over the place, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

mainly because he was overpaid

He showed that if he had to step in as a starter we weren't going to be dead in the water. Revisionist history as well, at the time we signed Mariota we weren't really sure if Carr was going to be the guy going forward and signed him to push Carr.

Just now, BayRaider said:

If Carr goes down we are screwed. Starting to appreciate Mariota more and more. Mariota is a High End QB2 and Fringe Starter. Mullens, Garrett, and Stidham are all QB3's in this league at BEST. 

Was hoping we'd sign Nick Foles but I think that ship has sailed unfortunately. 

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He showed that if he had to step in as a starter we weren't going to be dead in the water. Revisionist history as well, at the time we signed Mariota we weren't really sure if Carr was going to be the guy going forward and signed him to push Carr.

speak for yourself, i knew Carr was our guy lol i didnt mind Mariota, but there was never any doubt in my mind hed take DCs job. He is who he is. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If Carr goes down we are screwed. Starting to appreciate Mariota more and more. Mariota is a High End QB2 and Fringe Starter. Mullens, Garrett, and Stidham are all QB3's in this league at BEST. 

Which team wouldnt be skrewed if their starter went down?

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

A lot of teams have solid backups. None of these guys are QB2 quality. It might be the worst backup situation in the league, or very close to it. 

i disagree, theres a lot of teams without solid starters, much less back-ups. 

47 minutes ago, Geezy said:

i disagree, theres a lot of teams without solid starters, much less back-ups. 

A quick look at the backup QB situation in the NFL:

Better backup QB situation than the Raiders:

49ers (Nate Sudfield)

Cardinals (Colt McCoy)

Seahawks (Your pick of Geno or Lock)

Falcons (Desmond Ridder)

Ravens (Tyler Huntley)

Bills (Case Keenum)

Panthers (Darnold or Corral, take your pick. Neither are starting QB caliber in the NFL but both are QB2's)

Cincinatti Bengals (Brandon Allen)

Dallas Cowboys (Cooper Rush)

Denver Broncos (Brett Rypien)

Green Bay Packers (Jordan Love)

Indianapolis Colts (Sam Ehlinger)

Chiefs (Chad Henne)

Dolphins (Teddy Bridgewater)

Vikings (Kellen Mond)

Saints (Andy Dalton)

Giants (Tyrod Taylor)

Jets (Mike White)

Eagles (Gardner Minshew)

Steelers (Trubisy or Pickett)

Titans (Malik Willis)

Chargers (Chase Daniel)

Washington (Taylor Heinicke AND Sam Howell, maybe the best backup situation in the NFL)

That's at least 23 teams with a much better backup QB situation and all legit QB2's. 

The other 9 teams, including the Raiders, are basically going all in on their QB staying healthy, which I am not a fan of. And we are the only team in the AFCW without a legit backup. If Carr goes down more than one game, we are not making the playoffs.

Mullens is a QB3, Stidham is a BORDERLINE QB3 (barely rosterable), and Garrett is not rosterable. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Which team wouldnt be skrewed if their starter went down?

The Panthers, Jets, Seahawks, Steelers, Commanders, and Dolphins off the top of my head. 

Their starter on day 1 goes down, they might actually improve lol

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1