Raiders trade for QB Jarrett Stidham

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

WTF is going on w/ this team  and the backup QB?

We had nothing going into the offseason.  We now have our 3 QB's.  Carr, Mullins and Stidham.  

It's a good thing the Grudock days are gone where we pay a backup QB like Mariota 10 million to be a clipboard holing bum.  

42 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We had nothing going into the offseason.  We now have our 3 QB's.  Carr, Mullins and Stidham.  

It's a good thing the Grudock days are gone where we pay a backup QB like Mariota 10 million to be a clipboard holing bum.  

Why give up the pick though? We also had Gilbert as well so now we're sitting w/ 4 QBs. 

I'd rather have the pick TBH

38 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Why give up the pick though? We also had Gilbert as well so now we're sitting w/ 4 QBs. 

I'd rather have the pick TBH

Swapping a 6th for a 7th and getting a QB who has starting experience and knows the system...  99 percent chance both the 6th and 7th rounders are out of football in 4 years. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Beats having nothing, I suppose. 

6th for a backup player and a 7th is value Grudock could have only dreamed of. Mayock would've sent a 3rd their way for him so....win? 

Haha, I was just about to say this! Gruden would have given a 3rd for him 😁

Not usually a fan of trading picks for backups but it's a 6th/7th swap for a young player who's been with McDaniels and in the system for a little while so it's a very sensible addition IMO.

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Swapping a 6th for a 7th and getting a QB who has starting experience and knows the system...  99 percent chance both the 6th and 7th rounders are out of football in 4 years. 

I didn't realize we swapped picks so that makes it a little less weird to me. Still, it's weird.

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Come on now.  He really had no choice with how much playing time he got and had about 1 games worth of snaps over 2 years.   In that time he passed for 230 yards 1 TD 1 INT 60% completion percentage, 22 rushes for 175 yards and 2 TDs.  So in 1 games worth of time he accounted for 405 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT.  He also had 14 1st downs from rushing on 22 attempts.  I am not saying he deserved the $10 million but that is on Gruden and Mariota does not deserve the title of bum.

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Come on now.  He really had no choice with how much playing time he got and had about 1 games worth of snaps over 2 years.   In that time he passed for 230 yards 1 TD 1 INT 60% completion percentage, 22 rushes for 175 yards and 2 TDs.  So in 1 games worth of time he accounted for 405 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT.  He also had 14 1st downs from rushing on 22 attempts.  I am not saying he deserved the $10 million but that is on Gruden and Mariota does not deserve the title of bum.

You're using one game as an example of him not being a bum and ignoring his career in Ten?  His last 3 seasons there were atrocious as he can't read a D if his life depended on it and has a noodle arm. 

I will use three years of game film over one game to back up my claim that he is a bum.  

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Haha, I was just about to say this! Gruden would have given a 3rd for him 😁

Not usually a fan of trading picks for backups but it's a 6th/7th swap for a young player who's been with McDaniels and in the system for a little while so it's a very sensible addition IMO.

Gruden traded a 5th for AJ McCarron. Who is a free, and would could bring in for more competition lol. This move makes sense, JS knows the system. BB pulled the rug under JS back in 2020, he was trying to win now with Cam to spite Brady. JS was an afterthought after Mac emergence. I think JS is solid QB2. Nick Mullens has always been more of a QB3, so this sets up a nice little competition in training camp. If Mullens balls out and earns that job, so be it. JS is essential the MM replacement. People were pissed we passed on Carson Strong, but we added a superior player. JS is more seasoned, no injury issues either 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jarrett-stidham/32005354-4912-9837-7193-9c8d8376b821

• Like 1

Also remember we should be getting a 6th and seventh comp pick. As well as a 5 I believe. So we were able to add someone with recent knowledge of the offense. Who can be a language teacher of sorts. Didn't really give up much at all and still have a pick in the round we swapped out of. Sneaky good move here methinks.