The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

Just now, NYRaider said:

Missing on a QB the specially that early usually sets you back for years. It’s not something that you just say YOLO on lol

We’re not competing with the Chiefs anytime in the next several years without a superstar QB, so what’s your point? Also Richardson’s skillset comes around once a decade. It’s the the chance. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We’re not competing with the Chiefs anytime in the next several years without a superstar QB, so what’s your point? Also Richardson’s skillset comes around once a decade. It’s the the chance. 

It’s an important decision either way, you make it seem like a FRP just isn’t that important. If you take Richardson you have to do so as a team that’s ready to commit to him 100%. I personally don’t want Richardson especially since it will require us to trade to #3. But if that is the direction they go I’d understand why and instantly have to become an AR15 fan boy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It’s an important decision either way, you make it seem like a FRP just isn’t that important. If you take Richardson you have to do so as a team that’s ready to commit to him 100%. I personally don’t want Richardson especially since it will require us to trade to #3. But if that is the direction they go I’d understand why and instantly have to become an AR15 fan boy. 

Pre order your jersey. 

6 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I’m not trading up, need to trade back and build a defense 

The track record of teams moving into the top 3 for a QB isn’t great as of late: 

2021: 49ers - Trey Lance (#3)

2017: Bears - Mitchell Trubisky (#2)

2016: Rams - Jared Goff (#1)

2016: Eagles - Carson Wentz (#2)

• Like 1

The only thing that makes me weary about potentially trading up is the cost. Let’s just say we have to trade 7, 38, 70 that means over Zieglers first two years he has traded away two firsts, two seconds and a third and came away with Adams and Richardson. And Adams isn’t really a long term piece. It’s just tough to build a good team if you use 5 premium picks and only get one long term building block. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ehhh. Getting harder and harder to keep him on the big board. Anything that claims lives should be a big no no for the Raiders. Right now he’s my #6 behind Gonzalez. He would be ahead of Gonzalez but I demoted him one spot because of his off-the-field stuff.

Edited by BayRaider

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Ehhh. Getting harder and harder to keep him on the big board. Anything that claims lives should be a big no no for the Raiders. Right now he’s my #6 behind Gonzalez. He would be ahead of Gonzalez but I demoted him one spot because of his off-the-field stuff.

Watch him fall to a Philly at 10

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The track record of teams moving into the top 3 for a QB isn’t great as of late: 

2021: 49ers - Trey Lance (#3)

2017: Bears - Mitchell Trubisky (#2)

2016: Rams - Jared Goff (#1)

2016: Eagles - Carson Wentz (#2)

This just means the trend is due to break… law of averages;) 

but in all seriousness, getting AR15 at 7 is one thing but trading premium picks to get to 3 & force the issue is risky business….

I can see a scenario where we trade down with Philly if Carter is available. 

A lot of people are sleeping on D. Hall from Auburn and i don't know why.  I am not saying he is worth the 7th pick however if he is there in the 2nd round he needs to strongly be considered.  I see a ton of mocks and he is going in the late 2nd, early 3rd.  If he is there in the 3rd we need to run to the podium.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marz_LVR said:

but in all seriousness, getting AR15 at 7 is one thing but trading premium picks to get to 3 & force the issue is risky business….

This would be much easier if the Raiders had a decent draft or two under their belt, but bottom line, if McD thinks he can get some version of Jalen Hurts, the price from 7 to 3 is worth it.