The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

23 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

What are these Super star traits exactly did Peyton Manning have those traits or Brady? Because all I know if Richardson hurts an ankle or knee there goes his whole game.

Richardson is the new version of Kyle Boller to me.... except more raw and more bust prone. I think that I finally figured out who he reminded me of.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

All fan bases do this just like all fan bases think Person X is out to get them. Seriously. Follow college football recruiting and you'll see "oh you had them as 4 stars until they committed to School Y and now you only have them as 3 b/c you hate us".

**** is soooo corny. As much as it is that so many members of this fan base think the NFL is out to get this organization lol

There is a reason why no matter who our players or coaches are we are a top penalized team. 
It is not that they are out to get us, but years of us being a highly penalized team . . leads to subconscious biases IMO.

In a league where if you look at any play hard enough, you can find multiple  penalties on any play, it is very easy to see a penalty when you already believe a team is more likely to commit a lot of penalities. 

It sucks, but that is going to happen in any sport called by humans IMO. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Richardson is the new version of Kyle Boller to me.... except more raw and more bust prone. I think that I finally figured out who he reminded me of.

That has been my comp for Levis all draft season. Boller and Levis go hand in hand. Richardson isn’t anything like Boller, lol. 

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That's Levis.

How much different are Levis and Richardson though? Both are athletes trying to play QB w/ great arms. Both can't throw accurately to save their lives. Both can't read defenses. Both suck w/ anticipation. Both struggle w/ finding the right touch on passes. I dunno... they remind me a lot of each other. Probably why I'm very anti-both of them.

I guess it's more right w/ Levis in the sense that he played in a pro style offense like Boller did and Richardson played in a gimmicky, college one.

Where does one person really separate themselves from the other here?

7 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

How much different are Levis and Richardson though? Both are athletes trying to play QB w/ great arms. Both can't throw accurately to save their lives. Both can't read defenses. Both suck w/ anticipation. Both struggle w/ finding the right touch on passes. I dunno... they remind me a lot of each other. Probably why I'm very anti-both of them.

I guess it's more right w/ Levis in the sense that he played in a pro style offense like Boller did and Richardson played in a gimmicky, college one.

Where does one person really separate themselves from the other here?

You haven’t watched both much I feel like. Levis is a panicker just like Boller. Richardson has a lot of poise in the pocket. Levis mentaly panics over everything. Pressure, big panic. Have to go to second read? Panic. Richardson is way better than Levis at scanning for a second read and stays poise doing it. Richardson doesn’t get enough credit for his progression work. Neither go to a third read much, but then again, neither does Stroud. 

Richardson has also shown flashes of greatness, tons of them. He throws absolute beautiful dimes perfectly in stride deep. Undefendable. Levi’s flashes of greatness are almost non existent, and also way more inconsistent. Levi’s also struggles way more with deep accuracy than Richardson. Levis is more accurate in the first ten yards. 

I like Richardson’s mindset, he’s usually calm and confident. Whereas Levi’s is just always panicking the first sign of something going wrong. I also fear many of us overrated Levis’s arm in January/February. Going back and watching a lot of tape of Levis, he throws tons of ducks deep. Also at his Pro Day, duck after duck. Levi’s reminds me of Carr (only in this specific regard) of where the dude has a laser beam in the first 20 yards, like it will get there FAST. But after 20 or 25 yards, his ball starts to sail. 

Also, the NFL is very mobile QB friendly these days. You can sit Richardson the first year, and in the second year have a gimmicky scheme like Fields, Hurts, etc have had. In his third, he can break out as a solid passer. Heck, look at Hurts today. He was almost MVP and he’s still not the greatest passer. A lot of his passing stats are because his running and offensive scheme open up the passing game. 

You can put a scheme around Richardson that makes him near MVP level in his third season. And also Richardson’s traits: Laser Arm, Cam Size, Lamar Speed, High Intelligence, he has the ability to be right there with Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes if he develops. That’s how high his ceiling is. 

So they're different b/c, according to you (emphasis on that), Levis panics and Richardson doesn't and you use fluff words for Richardson on a couple throws whereas Levis, who has done exactly the same thing, he doesn't get that credit.

So yeah, you claim I haven't watched either of them yet all you can give me is your opinion on one panicking too soon and the other doesn't. 

Something isn't adding up here.

• Like 2

Will Levis  = Ryan Tannehill 

He's being severely underrated here now due to FF group think. 

Bad Oline. He was pressured on 35% of his drop backs. Awful WRs and skill positions. Yet he flashed NFL level throws off play action and in zone reads. When in rhythm (which was rare) he was dialed in and accurate. He struggled when things broke down and he was trying to make arm throws and do anything to get the ball to WRs who couldn't beat coverage. 

Some bad habits to clean up, but I'd take him at 7 and coach him up without issue. 

• Like 4

Good breakdown here of his positives and negatives. Whomever said he locks on to his WR and doesn't read defenses is clueless. 

You can see a lot of high end reads and throws and NFL QB needs to make here. Good break down on how miserable he had it with his supporting cast in 2022. 

Cleaning up the negatives, turnovers will be the challenge with him. But if you can develop him, he's dripping with talent. 

• Like 1

Current Vegas Draft Odds:

- Bryce is favored to go #1 by a landslide. He’s basically the pick. 

- Stroud is back to being the favorite for #2. It’s basically 45% Stroud, 25% Anderson, 20% Richardson, 10% Levis according to the odds. Strangely it was Levis as the favorite for about 12 hours, 3 days ago. 

- Anderson is the overwhelming favorite at 3 followed by Tyree Wilson.

- Levis is a decent favorite at 4. 

- Tyree Wilson is the favorite at 5. 

- Gonzalez and Carter are kind of co favorites at 6. 

- Does this mean Richardson could be there at 7 according to Vegas? Oh sweet baby jesus sign me up. 

If the board falls this way:

1. Young

2. Stroud

3. Anderson

4. Levis

5. Wilson

6. Gonzalez

Are we all on the Richardson bandwaggon? Even the hesitant QB guys?

I have a feeling there is a lot of truth to Carter being off our board at 7… but being on our board if we trade down. 

In my final mock, I’m gonna have Carter go 9 to the Bears actually. I think his off the field stuff drops him a little further than anticipated. Bears trade from 1 to 9 and still get the best player in the draft.