Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

Just now, bcb1213 said:

out of curiousity cause I don't see it listed, but see it from last year stats

are we supposed to be drafting a returner?

You will set one player as your KR/PR. This player can either be a starter at another position or can be someone on your PS. If they're on your PS, they won't count as games played.

• Like 1

Pretty happy with this group overall. Could have done a couple things differently/better but it’s still a learning experience every draft for me. I took 3 rookies early but I resisted temptation to keep going to that well and drafted more proven players instead. I wanted a mix of now and future and think I did well there. There may be another tinker or two I do with my next picks to this unit. We will see how the coaches go.

QB: Matt Ryan (IND)
RB: Najee Harris (PIT), Miles Sanders (PHI)
FB: Alec Ingold (MIA)
TE: Hunter Henry (NE)
WR: Justin Jefferson (MIN), A.J. Brown (PHI), Treylon Burks (TEN)
OT: La'el Collins (CIN), Brian O'Neill (MIN)
OG: Quenton Nelson (IND), Cesar Ruiz (NO)
C; Creed Humphrey (KC)
DE: Nick Bosa (SF), Travon Walker (JAX)
DT: Javon Hargrave (PHI), Poona Ford (SEA)
OLB: Josey Jewell (DEN), Denzel Perryman (LV)
MLB: Tremaine Edmunds (BUF)
CB: Jaylon Johnson (CHI), Eric Stokes (GB)
SS: Kyle Hamilton (BAL)
FS: Patrick Surtain II (DEN)
K: Nick Folk (NE)
P: Tress Way (WAS)
PS: Trevor Lawrence 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Pretty happy with this group overall. Could have done a couple things differently/better but it’s still a learning experience every draft for me. I took 3 rookies early but I resisted temptation to keep going to that well and drafted more proven players instead. I wanted a mix of now and future and think I did well there. There may be another tinker or two I do with my next picks to this unit. We will see how the coaches go.

QB: Matt Ryan (IND)
RB: Najee Harris (PIT), Miles Sanders (PHI)
FB: Alec Ingold (MIA)
TE: Hunter Henry (NE)
WR: Justin Jefferson (MIN), A.J. Brown (PHI), Treylon Burks (TEN)
OT: La'el Collins (CIN), Brian O'Neill (MIN)
OG: Quenton Nelson (IND), Cesar Ruiz (NO)
C; Creed Humphrey (KC)
DE: Nick Bosa (SF), Travon Walker (JAX)
DT: Javon Hargrave (PHI), Poona Ford (SEA)
OLB: Josey Jewell (DEN), Denzel Perryman (LV)
MLB: Tremaine Edmunds (BUF)
CB: Jaylon Johnson (CHI), Eric Stokes (GB)
SS: Kyle Hamilton (BAL)
FS: Patrick Surtain II (DEN)
K: Nick Folk (NE)
P: Tress Way (WAS)
PS: Trevor Lawrence 

Near-elite weapons, great protection and a strong defense from top to bottom. With Lawrence, this is a 6-7 win team. With Ryan, I think 9-10 isn't out of the question at all. It would be nice to see Harris take a step forward in the sim: the improvements on the OLine should help that. Strong team, imo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Near-elite weapons, great protection and a strong defense from top to bottom. With Lawrence, this is a 6-7 win team. With Ryan, I think 9-10 isn't out of the question at all. It would be nice to see Harris take a step forward in the sim: the improvements on the OLine should help that. Strong team, imo.

Appreciate it. Yeah I need Najee and Sanders to step up their YPC. We will see how much it impacts but taking the FB from the championship team that had two 4.5+ ypc rushers (may have more to do with the backs and oline but we will see) hopefully will help propel that unit a bit. This is the most excited I’ve been for a season in this sim. Which probably means I’ll go 5-11 again haha.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Appreciate it. Yeah I need Najee and Sanders to step up their YPC. We will see how much it impacts but taking the FB from the championship team that had two 4.5+ ypc rushers (may have more to do with the backs and oline but we will see) hopefully will help propel that unit a bit. This is the most excited I’ve been for a season in this sim. Which probably means I’ll go 5-11 again haha.

I don't think so. Ryan took a pretty mediocre Cox Bazar's team to a 7-8 finish. The impact of a top 10 QB can't be understated, especially one like Ryan who does a good job taking care of the ball. I also think the defense is probably a bit overlooked... should be a strong group.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I don't think so. Ryan took a pretty mediocre Cox Bazar's team to a 7-8 finish. The impact of a top 10 QB can't be understated, especially one like Ryan who does a good job taking care of the ball. I also think the defense is probably a bit overlooked... should be a strong group.

I’m hoping for that. I mean the Trevor turnovers (still don’t know the fumbles lost versus just fumbles) and the kicking inconsistency sunk me often.

Trevor- 13 INT, 12 Fumbles

Ryan- 9 INT, 1 Fumble

15 possible turnover difference 

Trevor accounted for 1 more TD

The only issue is his offensive aggression was 50 so probably why there were such fewer TO and mine was 72. As I raise that from the 50 Ryan played at he will turnover more but maybe he will score more too?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I’m hoping for that. I mean the Trevor turnovers (still don’t know the fumbles lost versus just fumbles) and the kicking inconsistency sunk me often.

Trevor- 13 INT, 12 Fumbles

Ryan- 9 INT, 1 Fumble

15 possible turnover difference 

Trevor accounted for 1 more TD

The only issue is his offensive aggression was 50 so probably why there were such fewer TO and mine was 72. As I raise that from the 50 Ryan played at he will turnover more but maybe he will score more too?

Hard to say, really. But, with the way Ryan tends to perform, and the weapons on offense and strengths on defense, I personally wouldn't bump the offensive aggression up too high. I'd rely on safe offensive drives supported by solid ST play with a strong defense on the other side. (I'm interested in seeing how Bosa and Walker perform. Could be scary.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Hard to say, really. But, with the way Ryan tends to perform, and the weapons on offense and strengths on defense, I personally wouldn't bump the offensive aggression up too high. I'd rely on safe offensive drives supported by solid ST play with a strong defense on the other side. (I'm interested in seeing how Bosa and Walker perform. Could be scary.)

I’m hoping the RAS gives Walker a boost not sure if Nacho uses that but he said athletic profile for rookies I think? 

• Like 1