Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

I was bored, so I put together a rankings of the Cheesy Conference keepers. Very strong teams. Some tough decisions were made. I feel 7/8 teams (sorry RTTRUTH) ranked could compete this year with the right moves. 

1. Rio de Janeiro Pirates (Owner: RuskieTitan)
UHUlZjJ.png
QB: Patrick Mahomes (KC)
RB: Nick Chubb (CLE)
TE: George Kittle (SF)
WR: Tyreek Hill (KC)*, Terry McLaurin (WAS),
DT: Ndamukong Suh (TB)
FS: Kevin Byard (TEN)

Total Keepers: 7 (5 offense, 2 defense)

Summary: You're not going to get any better than Ruskie's keepers on the offensive side of the ball. Elite QB, RB, WR, and TE, to go along with a very good WR2. As what has seemed like the case for a few years, all eyes will be on Ruskie's ability to draft a defense. Suh and Byard are solid starting points, but nothing to write home about. Best quality of keepers in the conference, at positions of great importance, "earned" them the top spot. 

2. Little Rock Uni Royals (Owner: Glen)
Melbourne%2BUni%2BRoyals.gif
QB: Josh Allen (BUF)
WR: Brandin Cooks (HOU), Michael Pittman (IND)
OT: David Bakhtiari (GB)
OG: Zack Martin (DAL)
DE: J.J. Watt (ARI)
CB: Tre'Davious White (BUF)
SS: Budda Baker (ARI)
FS: Justin Simmons (DEN)

Total Keepers: 9 (5 offense, 4 defense)

Summary: Real solid group of keepers, with both quantity and quality. Josh Allen is obviously a stud and I'm partial to a good offensive line, so having two legit OL keepers is nice. Cooks, while not elite, proved to be impactful in a shortened NSFL season. Same for Michael Pittman who didn't have a lot of volume, but had 5 TD's in 7 games. (I see what you did there at WR, Glen. Well played). On defense, that secondary is elite, paired with Watt who was still a force last season. If there's one glaring weakness, it'll be Allen not being paired with an elite RB and/or WR, but there's still time. 

3. Reykjavík Direwolves (Owner: Tk3)
Reykjav%25C3%25ADk+Direwolves.gif
QB: Lamar Jackson (BAL)
WR: Stefon Diggs (BUF), Keenan Allen (LAC)
DE: Za'Darius Smith (GB)
DT: Cameron Heyward (PIT), Grady Jarrett (ATL)
CB: Trevon Diggs (DAL)
SS: Micah Hyde (BUF)
FS: Quandre Diggs (SEA)

Total Keepers: 9 (3 offense, 6 defense)

Summary: A little bit of a down year for tk3 going 8-8, but his keepers will put him right back in the hunt this year. Jackson/Diggs/Allen is a strong offensive base, to go along with 6 keepers on defense. They're not all studs on that side of the ball, but they don't need to be. Diggs only played 5 games last year, so we'll see how he does plugged in at CB. I had a hard time deciding between tk3 and Glen for the #2 spot, but gave Glen the edge with Allen over Jackson. Very similar teams though, with tk3 having better WR's and Glen having a better secondary. 

4. Hanoi Viet Kongs (Owner: ravens5520)
6O8y1z8.png
QB: Joe Burrow (CIN)
RB: Dalvin Cook (MIN)
WR: Antonio Brown (FA)
DE: Christopher Jones (KC)
CB: Marlon Humphrey (BAL)
SS: Jamal Adams (SEA)
FS: Minkah Fitzpatrick (PIT)

Total Keepers: 7 (3 offense, 4 defense)

Summary: The Defending Champs made an interesting decision to move DeAndre Hopkins, but I see the appeal of trying to get out in front with that one. In the meantime, Antonio Brown will have big shoes to fill. I prefer Cameron Jordan over Jamal Adams, but Jordan wasn't a great fit at 3-4 DE. Burrow/Cook, paired with four strong keepers on defense, gives Ravens a nice starting point to make a run at defending their title. 

5. Burlington Sock Puppets (Owner: Daboyle)
AhgqnVE.png
QB: Tom Brady (TB)
TE: Travis Kelce (KC)
WR: Odell Beckham Jr. (LAR), Cooper Kupp (LAR)
OLB: Von Miller (LAR)
CB: Marcus Peters (BAL)

Total Keepers: 6 (3 offense, 3 defense)

Summary: Old man Brady gives the Sock Puppets a chance to compete for a title. Paired with Kupp, Odell, and Kelce (3 tags hurts slightly), that's a scary passing attack. Miller and Peters made big impacts for their defense last season. Not a lot of depth with only 6 keepers, but the substance is there.  

6. Anchorage Ukpiks (Owner: Scoundrel)
xayiH0h.png

QB: Trevor Lawrence (JAX)
RB: Najee Harris (PIT),
WR: Justin Jefferson (MIN), A.J. Brown (TEN)
OG: Quenton Nelson (IND)
DE: Nick Bosa (SF)
CB: Eric Stokes (GB)
SS: Jaylon Johnson (CHI)
FS: Patrick Surtain II (DEN)

Total Keepers: 9 (5 offense, 4 defense)

Summary: Loaded with young talent plus strong vet keepers in Jefferson, Brown, Nelson, and Brown. All eyes will be on Lawrence this year. It will be hard to compete in the next two NSFL seasons with Lawrence at the helm, but certainly poised for long term success. And if Scoundrel decides to make a move for a vet QB until Lawrence is ready, this is a team that has the base to make some noise. Arguably the hardest team for me to rank because of Lawrence and the fact this is still very much a QB driven league. 

7. Tokyo Shinigami (Owner: Malfatron)
oIlCl9o.png
QB: Dak Prescott (DAL)
RB: Ezekiel Elliott (DAL)
DE: Fletcher Cox (PHI)
OLB: Demario Davis (NO), Matt Judon (NE)
CB: Jalen Ramsey (LAR)
SS: Jordan Poyer (BUF)
FS: Marcus A. Williams (NO)

Total Keepers: 8 (2 offense, 6 defense)

Summary: I mean no disrespect here, but I just don't see a lot here that gets me excited. It's not a bad group by any means, it just doesn't jump out at me. Not that it really matters because Malf gets the best out of his group, even when he doesn't have a lot of draft capital. Ramsey is a stud and having 5 others on defense to start off with should make for a good defense. Cox, Davis, and Poyer are all on the wrong side of 30, but were all productive last season. Dak/Zeke combo has seemed to perform better here than in the NFL. 

8. Cox's Bazar Freedom Fighters (Owner: RTTRUTH)
kLXaNMi.png
WR: Michael Gallup (DAL)
OT: Jedrick Wills (CLE), Jonah Williams (CIN)
DE: Joshua Allen (JAX)
OLB: Logan Wilson (CIN)
CB: Darius Slay (PHI)

Total Keepers: 6 (3 offense, 3 defense)

Summary: RTTRUTH is walking into a difficult situation, like a lot of new owners. I'm not sure there's one keeper above which would undoubtedly be a keeper on every team. The nice thing about this league is it allows for quick turnarounds if you can draft well. 

Keepers Not Yet Submitted:

Lancaster Fighting Amish (Owner: JoshstraDaymus)
n0XFSHP.gif

Tacoma Thunder (Owner: Karnage84)
xCeKcIO.png

• Like 5