Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

45 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@swooshthanks for taking the time to do these write ups.

I agree mostly with my team assessment. I realized a season or so ago that my team was destined to constantly be in the middle, so I have been working to flip the roster to elite potential young keepers to hopefully build a strong core, without going full tank. Hence the drafting of Smith and Chase Young early, the flipping of ARob for Waddle, flipping McCaffrey for Swift etc. Time will tell if it works

Absolutely. For the record, these rankings were mostly based on how I thought each team's keepers put said team in a position to succeed this year. For example, I love Scoundrel's keepers but the lack of a QB who is ready right now forced me to drop them down on the list. 

1 hour ago, RTTRUTH said:

Nah. I wasn’t keeping MT anyways and he made the offer.

Better to take something than nothing.

Just letting ya know that you traded 2 tags for far less value than they’re worth. 

5 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Regarding the tags...

Sit down. 

Yep. Would have ripped his panties clean off. Still doesn’t mean you didn’t 🙂

10 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Get off your rocker. Michael Thomas wasn't being kept. This is no different than me trading away Aaron Jones, who has been more productive than Thomas, for chump change. There's an opportunity cost to these tags. 

A pick is better than nothing. 

Not sure how you sleep at night tbh

6 minutes ago, Glen said:

Yep. Would have ripped his panties clean off. Still doesn’t mean you didn’t 🙂

Tag value was at an all time low this year. Lots of teams looking to dump them, with not a lot of teams interested in acquiring more. Simple supply and demand. I capitalized on that. I probably annoyed people by posting the amount of times I did that I was interested in tags. Nobody was offering anything better, so the trades made sense from both sides.

8 minutes ago, Glen said:

Not sure how you sleep at night tbh

Well I had a few drinks last night, so I slept great naturally. Out cold, dreaming of handing out draft picks to those in need. 

Edited by swoosh
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

Swoosh is the Cleveland Browns of the NSFL while I am the Atlanta falcons 

You do not want to be the Atlanta Falcons, I assure you. 

But Browns. Really? I expect better out of you Glen. I've been to the big dance 3 out of the last 6 years, winning once. The Browns wish they could even sniff the big game. The only thing we have in common is we both had DeShaun Watson, with a key difference - I traded him before he went and acted a fool, the Browns traded for him because he acted a fool. I'm not going to let some player on my team get those massages, that's less for me. A city isn't big enough for the both of us. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I reached out and got Murray, Hopkins and Cam Jordan so you tell me. 

@Scalamaniatrades Josh Allen, Malcom Butler, and a S23 2nd

@GlenTrades Matt Ryan and Tre’Davious White

We all get ripped at times. Talking down to new owners that are trying to build competitive teams for getting ripped on trade value is pretty odd. I traded Jonathan Taylor during a moment of confusion with the sim, but, even then, Jeffery Simmons is a young stud and I got a 3rd and 4th in the deal. I'm good with the exchange.

During our negotiations, Josh asked if he'd need a sweetener to get Allen Robinson for 1.1. I told him that 1.1 was worth more, and offered additional picks/players to balance the deal.

It all balances out in the end.

10 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

We all get ripped at times. Talking down to new owners that are trying to build competitive teams for getting ripped on trade value is pretty odd. I traded Jonathan Taylor during a moment of confusion with the sim, but, even then, Jeffery Simmons is a young stud and I got a 3rd and 4th in the deal. I'm good with the exchange.

During our negotiations, Josh asked if he'd need a sweetener to get Allen Robinson for 1.1. I told him that 1.1 was worth more, and offered additional picks/players to balance the deal.

It all balances out in the end.

When did I talk down to anyone? Saying someone made a bad trade is not talking down to anyone, don't be so damn sensitive. 

I think you're a bit misguided here. I've been on record numerous times about some of the questionable trades (mainly with QBs) I made because I just get bored and try to change things up. However, I worked this off-season and last to try to fix that and I think I did. I've never once and never will say that I haven't made bad trades - but to continue to try and defend them like you're doing is a questionable hill to die on.