Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Remember when Zach had "no excuses" and I said yall jinxed it? Now look, he has no RT.  

Yet.  Time to start scouting OT's for 2024.

Dillard is pretty solid from what I remember.  Wonder what it would take to pry him out of PHI?  At 26 he's in his prime and as a pending FA shouldn't be too expensive.  

Any chance Michell is ready?  Seems to have start potential just not sure if his strength is pro game ready this year.  Would like to see him in game action though to see where he's at.  Not even sure Edoga is roster worthy at this point.

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

He still has no excuses

This year isn't some make or break year for Zack.  We just need more consistency, protect the football, and to show better command of the offense.  This "no excuses" idea is getting way overblown like if he's not some top 10 QB we've moving on.  I'd like to see him crack into the top 20ish this year and be trending up for a 2023 playoff run. 

12 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Becton done for the season and likely his Jets career. Gotta feel for him regardless of his inability to stay on the field.

I honestly don't think it is.  I do however feel like there will be a starting RT on the roster or a high pick waiting in the wings.  Cutting him really doesn't save any money and he's flashed enough to keep him around when healthy.  If there was a benefit to cutting him I'd agree but there's not so no harm in giving him one last shot. 

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

I honestly don't think it is.  I do however feel like there will be a starting RT on the roster or a high pick waiting in the wings.  Cutting him really doesn't save any money and he's flashed enough to keep him around when healthy.  If there was a benefit to cutting him I'd agree but there's not so no harm in giving him one last shot. 

We wont cut him but if we go into another season with him penciled in as the starter that is absolute malpractice. Its possible that his body simply can't hold up in the NFL. Whatever the issue is we now have to proceed forward without him and we likely are going to need 2 new starting tackles. Sign the best one on the market and draft one on day 2. 

23 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

This year isn't some make or break year for Zack.  We just need more consistency, protect the football, and to show better command of the offense.  This "no excuses" idea is getting way overblown like if he's not some top 10 QB we've moving on.  I'd like to see him crack into the top 20ish this year and be trending up for a 2023 playoff run. 

Yes, a top 20 QB. No excuses.

16 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

We wont cut him but if we go into another season with him penciled in as the starter that is absolute malpractice. Its possible that his body simply can't hold up in the NFL. Whatever the issue is we now have to proceed forward without him and we likely are going to need 2 new starting tackles. Sign the best one on the market and draft one on day 2. 

I think Fant will be here for the next 4-5 years as the LT but I wouldn't mind waiting to next year to sign him just in case we could pry a big fish like Orlando Brown from KC and sure up the LT spot for the next 8 years.  Unlikely but no harm in waiting.

Realistically though it's Fant at LT, Becton hanging around for one last shot at RT, Michell as RT competition/depth and then another premium pick going to an OT next year in camp either as LT depth or starting RT.

22 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I think Fant will be here for the next 4-5 years as the LT but I wouldn't mind waiting to next year to sign him just in case we could pry a big fish like Orlando Brown from KC and sure up the LT spot for the next 8 years.  Unlikely but no harm in waiting.

Realistically though it's Fant at LT, Becton hanging around for one last shot at RT, Michell as RT competition/depth and then another premium pick going to an OT next year in camp either as LT depth or starting RT.

I want to see Fant duplicate and even grow from last year before they even think about locking him up. Hes not a very good run blocker. 

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Can't blame the kid...hes probably getting shell shocked. Our tackle depth is horrible Chuma is terrible and Mitchell has zero business seeing the field this year. 

Losing Becton isn’t the end of the world, we didn’t have him last year. They’ll figure it out