Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Lol decided to go to NFL Gen for first time in a while.  Zach is getting roasted for going 1-5 in practice and gaining muscle.  Wilson is getting roasted for slipping on a route.

It is so weird how random people want to cherry pick Jets players for some odd reason, posters that are fans of teams that aren't even remotely close to relevant to the Jets, being different conferences and divisions. 

Jets beat writers already disagreed with the Wilson assessment, it was 1 set, the next set that they all leave out he was much better. But they all have said he looks more decisive and confident than last season. The haters were jumping ready to use whatever they can to criticize and say they were right. 

Becton is expected this week at OTA's which will accomplish a great deal if he arrives in playing shape. If not, well it doesn't bode well for his future with N.Y. I believe Becton comes in with a totally acceptable look physically, in turn raises the expectations of the GM and coaching staff. Becton puts to rest the naysayers who are always so quick to label someone a bust without knowing the internal workings of the Organization.

Be sure of this, the Jets Organization is fully aware of where Becton is, they we're in contact with him, and I'm sure getting reports on his conditioning. Likewise I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the organization visited a workout session to get an idea of where he was physically speaking.

My concerns are second year LB prospects who may have been wasted picks including corners and safeties.

1 minute ago, Big T said:

Becton is expected this week at OTA's which will accomplish a great deal if he arrives in playing shape. If not, well it doesn't bode well for his future with N.Y. I believe Becton comes in with a totally acceptable look physically, in turn raises the expectations of the GM and coaching staff. Becton puts to rest the naysayers who are always so quick to label someone a bust without knowing the internal workings of the Organization.

Be sure of this, the Jets Organization is fully aware of where Becton is, they we're in contact with him, and I'm sure getting reports on his conditioning. Likewise I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the organization visited a workout session to get an idea of where he was physically speaking.

My concerns are second year LB prospects who may have been wasted picks including corners and safeties.

I mean he's been working out here in TX. It's not like he's just been sitting around. The key for me is to hope he isn't just relying on his body anymore. Meaning that he's always been gigantic compared to who he's blocking. And bc of that he wins. Add his athleticism to that, and that's why we drafted him. But in the NFL it takes more than that. And clearly staying healthy is an issue with him. I hope that he's worked on his flexibility and such more so than strength and ability. Those are the things I want to see from him. I mean we still have like 7 weeks before TC starts, so he has the luxury of time still. But he's at a crossroad of if he cant stay healthy this year... we likely aren't picking up his 5th year option next offseason and have yet again wasted another 1st rounder. He in the back of his head has to know this. Sometimes injuries are freakish things, but his don't seem that way. It's a "taking care of your body" thing. And he HAS to do that to have a career as a Jet.

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean he's been working out here in TX. It's not like he's just been sitting around. The key for me is to hope he isn't just relying on his body anymore. Meaning that he's always been gigantic compared to who he's blocking. And bc of that he wins. Add his athleticism to that, and that's why we drafted him. But in the NFL it takes more than that. And clearly staying healthy is an issue with him. I hope that he's worked on his flexibility and such more so than strength and ability. Those are the things I want to see from him. I mean we still have like 7 weeks before TC starts, so he has the luxury of time still. But he's at a crossroad of if he cant stay healthy this year... we likely aren't picking up his 5th year option next offseason and have yet again wasted another 1st rounder. He in the back of his head has to know this. Sometimes injuries are freakish things, but his don't seem that way. It's a "taking care of your body" thing. And he HAS to do that to have a career as a Jet.

I agree with you entirely, he is at a crossroad for his career, and I didn't even consider his next contract. I hope the energy that is surrounding 1 Jets drive has a positive effect on him. He is no longer the center of the universe for the Jets, the Jets have other options.

But the new fa's we picked up along with the draft choices are bringing a fire to the organization. So I hope it becomes infectious with him and he just rises to the expectations of the fans, the organization, and most importantly his mental makeup.

I hope he comes in and kicks butt.

The things I'm excited too see. 

Hall -tearing it up as a RB. This guy will be the work horse. He is better than Zeke and some of these other RB.

G. Wilson- I want to see how good his route running and catching really are.

OL - I want to see the line jelly and really do well this year.

DL - How much pressure can they put on the QB. Now they have Lawson back and JJ we should see some big time push which will probably help Williams out too.

The things that will scare me.

Zach Wilson. You guys know where I stand on this. Until he STEPS up and starts to make the throws on target he is just another project that will probably not develop. 

Kickers - I'm so tired of not having a kicker. I hope legatron Greg Z is the man.

Coaching - I know a lot of people are high on the coaching but like I said before until we get W's and are in the games in the 4th quater all these coaches better start to do their job. 

This team should be making a run at the wild card spot this year and should not be out of the playoff picture in Nov-Dec time. If they are out of the playoff run by Nov-Dec this coahing staff needs a shake up. 

I'm excited about this secondary.

DJ Reed and Sauce Gardner at CB could be the best pairing since Revis and Cromartie.  I love the addition of Whitehead at safety, he is going to be a stud back there. Then you have all the young CBs we have as depth. 

The DL I'll be excited for if they stay healthy, I get nervous with Carl Lawson. If he is healthy, this DL will be good. 

Trying to think about what our depth chart battles are...

RB: While we no question will run multiple backs... Hall vs Carter on who gets more work early on in the season is a battle. Hall IMO has the upper hand bc of his size. But can he grasp the playbook in time.

WR: I think our starting 3 will be pretty much set in Davis, Wilson and Moore. Wilson will have to earn that spot to an extent.. but I think he does that with ease. A 3 WR set of Davis, Moore Wilson is better than Davis, Moore, Berrios. Keep Berrios and Mims as depth and work them in.

TE: This room is totally revamped. Uzo is the odds on favorite to get most the snaps. But Conklin is no slouch. There's been rumors of us using him a bit like Jusyzk was in SF. Have to wait and see on that. Ruckert is going to have to earn his snaps with 2 proven guys ahead of him. But I can see us running a decent amount of 2 TE sets since we will be a run 1st team.

LT: This is Fant's job to lose and quite frankly Becton doesn't stand much of a chance after last year. Fant's play deserves to stay there and Becton just needing to earn the right to play after a year out, shouldn't overtake a proven guy in Fant.

DL: Ulbrich has stated that this will be a big time rotational group so its hard to say depth here. I'd have to imagine a Lawson, Q and JFM get the majority of the work with everyone else rotating in. It'd obviously be nice for Johnson to show enough to where he's too good to keep off the field.

LB: Mosley and Williams are our 2 guys. And I think we run mostly sets with only 2 LBs. But can Nas or Sherwood do enough to get snaps is the question here.

CB: Reed is the only for sure starter here. Sauce vs Hall for CB2 will be a battle. It's even close Sauce will start. What happens after that is yet to be seen. Will Hall try and work inside to where we still are playing our 3 best CBs? Or can he just not play the slot and we go with MC2 there who was solid as a rookie. In an ideal world Hall can still play as a starter in the slot so we have our best guys out there. Just seems he isn't fit for that role.

FS: It's Joyner's job to lose pretty much. He has the experience, but Pinnock was very good there to finish the year. If Pinnock can show he's just too good to not play there, we really fell into something good. The other options might be to try Hall there at times if he cant get snaps at CB. In an ideal world Pinnock wins this job or takes it over at some point and is legit there, to where we have a really nice whole secondary that's still young. 

7 hours ago, Sapo28 said:

The replies are hilarious. Multiple people saying he was banned from their respective forums…

“The infamous DWC”

Hes not banned from here. I think we just ran him off. There’s only 1 person banned in here and that happened about 2 years ago.

Saleh wouldn’t comment on what our stating WR group will look like. I’d have to imagine Davis and Moore are for sure starters. But Wilson is probably going to have to beat out Berrios this summer to be a regular starter. For him to do that he’s going to have to learn the playbook at all WR positions.