Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

On 6/18/2022 at 5:28 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Flight 2022 has me way too hyped up.  I think we pull off 3-3 or 4-2 in the division and playing for a wildcard.

Just watched as well. They did a great job building the hope.

What I really liked and what has me the most excited is that the front office and coaching staff is on the same page and seem to see things very similar. 

I’m not sure we see a big jump this year as far as W’s are concerned, lots of young players in key roles, but it is coming sooner than later. 

They are doing this the right way and it looks like that success could be sustained. Exciting times ahead.  

Hall has been killing it since he got into a Jets uniform. This guy is going to be the bell cow. Several coaches from the Jets say he has all the taklent to be really special. I'm more excited about Hall and Sauce than any rookie we have drafted in years. I'm almost 100% sure that both these guys are going to be studs. 

• Like 2

On 6/18/2022 at 10:17 PM, Bobby816 said:

Better rookie season… Breece Hall or Garrett Wilson?

Good question.  

I'm barely giving it to Hall on this one. Hall's biggest challenge is Carter, but he'll still get enough reps to make a huge impact. 

I don't think Wilson getting reps will be hard for him, it's just the targets.  ZW will have Wilson,  Davis, Moore, Conklin,  CJ, and the RBs to pass to. 

I honestly think both will finish with more than 700yds. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw yesterday was Lawson’s 27th birthday. I think it’s easy to forget that this guy is going to be hugely motivated and is hitting his prime. If healthy I expect him to not only for sure be over 10 sacks. But maybe even close to 15 with the scheme and DL we have. Heck with a revamped secondary he might get close to 5 of those just bc the coverage was good and he had an extra 2 seconds to get to the passer.

• 2 weeks later...

This Zach Wilson stuff is hilarious.

So he breaks up with his gf in January. Clearly he was the one who called it off. They've dated for several years but heck I don't blame him. Young guy in NY possibly on the brink of being a star, maybe just doesn't want a girl tying him down. That on it's own is not a story. The story has 2 parts after that. So Wilson's best friend and roommate at BYU in Dax Mline is now dating his ex. Awful bro code for Mline. So apparently him and Mline aren't even friends anymore bc of this. To go one step further... now Wilson's ex was saying that Wilson has been sleeping with one of his moms best friends. No exact name has been said. But there's a rumor of a certain girl  (who is pretty hot).

This is the kind of offseason rumors that I like to hear. Not who got arrested, is out of shape, etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

So he breaks up with his gf in January. Clearly he was the one who called it off. They've dated for several years but heck I don't blame him. Young guy in NY possibly on the brink of being a star, maybe just doesn't want a girl tying him down. That on it's own is not a story. The story has 2 parts after that. So Wilson's best friend and roommate at BYU in Dax Mline is now dating his ex. Awful bro code for Mline. So apparently him and Mline aren't even friends anymore bc of this. To go one step further... now Wilson's ex was saying that Wilson has been sleeping with one of his moms best friends. No exact name has been said. But there's a rumor of a certain girl  (who is pretty hot).

This is the kind of offseason rumors that I like to hear. Not who got arrested, is out of shape, etc.

Finally someone taking after Broadway Joe...

Good to see Becton, Moore and Sauce join in on the fun. Also, the Jets equipment manager deserves a raise... talk about protecting one of your own:

In all seriousness, some pretty great content but hope it blows over. Supposedly the girlfriend may've made it up, in any event, the whole thing really backfired on her and Dax, who both are being relentlessly torn apart by Jets faithful while the rest of twitter and the league champions Zach lol.

Edited by NJC33
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Seems like all the teammates are on board, Wilson is confirmed the GOAT on twitter lol. This is hilarious. Dax only made the NFL because of Wilson, then pulls something like that. Wilson came out on top and is going to breakout, this just confirmed it. 

On a serious note, Mekhi is being viewed by those within the Jet organization as a potential problem. Mekhi during mini camp came in pushing 400 pounds, and did nothing to inspire confidence that he will be ready for mandatory camp.

It sounds crazy, but if Mekhi comes to camp out of shape and unprepared to convincingly claim the T position that was his before his injury. Then look for the Jets to move on from him next year.

If Becton comes into camp with not a care in the world attitude, it would mean that he missed games in his rookie year, lost a whole year his second year, and did not care enough about his NFL career to salvage it with the Jets.

Look for the Jets to unload him next year. My hope is he erases any doubts the Jets may have had, and some fan's have had and shows up ready to ball. Looking to next years draft, and it doesn't matter where the Jets wind up positionally top 10, 15-20, 20-32.

The Jets go into this season with question marks with players like Lawson (who I hope can stay on the field), no true DT who the Jets could plug and play. Tackle is weak with the exception of the starters(especially if Becton is a bust). 

We know the Jets need LB's, DT, T, C, S, and perhaps another RB next year. I could also see them draft a WR next year. While the WR's are good and have potential, we need a clear number 1 go to guy and I'm not sure there is one on this roster.

So with all the optimism that I have garnered for this year, there are some questions about the state of the team.

I believe the Jets have the potential to break the 500 ceiling and perhaps threaten to make the playoffs.

7 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Saw a picture of Becton  recently, he doesn't look like he's way out of shape. Looks good. 

Saw that same picture. The debate is how recent that picture is though. I hope it is, bc he did look in good shape in the pic. We'll find out for ourselves here in 2 weeks

I think the weight is kind of an over-blown issue. Its just a number, its whether he's in football shape and can do his job well on Sundays and actually stay on the field. This is a make or break season for him. He has to stay healthy all season. If not we need to look for another tackle next year. 

On 7/12/2022 at 3:53 PM, ekill08x said:

I think the weight is kind of an over-blown issue. Its just a number, its whether he's in football shape and can do his job well on Sundays and actually stay on the field. This is a make or break season for him. He has to stay healthy all season. If not we need to look for another tackle next year. 

Him starting healthy is the key. But if I’m correct it wasn’t a weight issue why he couldn’t get back to the field last year. It was that dumbass Van Roten getting bullied that caused the injury which looked very severe. I’m not sure how being in any better shape could of helped a freak injury like that?