Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Hoping a Becton is truly motivated to prove doubters wrong. That it’s not all an act

Hope so, if Becton plays to his potential. The OL could be elite. He is the biggest factor whether this OL is top tier or not. When hes on the field, he moves people. 

I want to see the Jets have a dynamic rushing attack this season, we haven't had one since the 2009-2010 years. This backfield is super talented with Hall and Carter. 

5 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Hope so, if Becton plays to his potential. The OL could be elite. He is the biggest factor whether this OL is top tier or not. When hes on the field, he moves people. 

I want to see the Jets have a dynamic rushing attack this season, we haven't had one since the 2009-2010 years. This backfield is super talented with Hall and Carter. 

No doubt this team will be a run 1st team. And if everyone can stay healthy and play to their potential, there's no reason we cant be a top 10 rushing team by committee. We have 2 dynamic backs in Hall and Carter. And they're together here with us for 3 years+. The OL is as of now above average with potential to be very good to great. It'll all depend on Becton's return and how quickly they can all gel together and be on the same page. Have to remember that of the 5 OLineman we'll start... only 2 of them are in the same place they were last year in Fant and McGovern. AVT is moving to RG, Tomlinson is in his 1st year here (he knows the system though) and Becton moving to RT. So lots of moving parts here and adjustment time. Hopefully they can get on the same page before September.

The better and more affective we can run the ball... the more lethal our passing game can be. If teams have to respect the run against us bc our OL wins and Hall and Carter can make guys miss and break tackles... teams cant just guard the pass against us. Opening up more 1 on 1s for our WRs vs CBs and Ss. And they way we've revamped our WR room. I like the chances of Davis, Moore and Wilson beating 1 on 1s and creating that separation and winning 50/50 balls. We for the 1st time have talent and can be a balanced team. So it should be fun to watch this team grow and get better.

Watching Flight 2022... and still cant get over how in 1 offseason between injured players coming back, FA and the draft how many guys we have that will get starting reps or even rotational reps.

Offense

New Faces: Tomlinson, Uzomah, Conklin, Ruckert, Hall, Wilson, Mitchell

Return from Injury or sickness: Becton, Davis, Carter, Moore, Mims

Defense

New Faces: Johnson, Thomas, Martin, Clemons, Sauce, Whitehead, Reed

Return from Injury or sickness: Lawson, Curry, Joyner, Nas, Sherwood

That's 24 players that are either for sure starters or even rotational players. That's the main reason for optimism. Is that this is pretty much a totally different team than what we saw last year.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 10:17 PM, Bobby816 said:

Better rookie season… Breece Hall or Garrett Wilson?

Barring injury, hall. Wilson is going to be at best, third on the depth chart with a question mark at QB. 

Hall will get a timeshare of carries behind a fairly good o line with a o philosophy that puts an emphasis on rb usage.

15 hours ago, drew39k said:

Barring injury, hall. Wilson is going to be at best, third on the depth chart with a question mark at QB. 

Hall will get a timeshare of carries behind a fairly good o line with a o philosophy that puts an emphasis on rb usage.

Ya I think Hall will just get more touches. As you said if our WRs can stay healthy… Wilson as a rookie is likely our 3rd most targeted WR. So he just won’t get the touches. Where because of us being a run 1st team and Hall being the bigger back…. I see him having a better season. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Hall has well over 1k all purpose yards and 8+ all purpose TDs.