Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

8 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

You think the D is going to be that good. I think the D is around 25-30 rank. I think Sauce is a HUGE plus but JJ will not put up much this year. I expect Clemons to do better than JJ. I think or LB besides Mosley are going to be very weak this year. 

The O on the other hand could be middle ground if Wilson does his job. If we see the old Zach Wilson we will be 29-32 rank. If Wilson does well they wil be around 12-17 range. 

I think we end up at 6-11. I could see us as high as 10-7 that is if everything goes right and as low as 2-15 when the wheels fall off. I know it is a big range but that is how crazy this season could be.

I'm probably the person who hates Ulbrich the most on here, so the defense falling that far isn't unrealistic for me. 

My prediction is based on the upgrade against the pass. We have people that can create pressure and we have Sauce, Whitehead, and Reed back there. If we play to their strengths, we can see dramatic improvement there. 

Also, I think Alexander, Mosely, and Williams is a solid group. I was the one week one to say it was a terrible idea to force Sherwood or Nas in the starting line up because it takes time for safeties to transition. Because of injuries, we added Williams and now Kwon. Not only does give us a solid group, it allows the younger guys behind them to continue adapting. 

My biggest concern is playcalling and defending the run. I believe we will see a slight improvement because we have DEs who can set the edge better than last years, but nothing happened to make me believe we can defend it completely. I think Baltimore will kill us there or we will over commit to stopping the run and we'll get crushed by Bateman & Andrews. 

I have the offense based on Wilson's performance and our ability to run. One thing JD has done with this offense is build it towards having a great surrounding. So even if Wilson isn't the one, a vet could lead this group or we can trade up for another QB. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't think Wilson will play week 1, but I hate that we're considering it as if we don't have a good backup that's been killing it lately. 

I guarantee (almost) that Zach is out week 1. Saleh is playing the “keep ‘em guessing” game. However, no is fooled by it.

It would be irresponsible to play Zach. He has not practiced, for one, and I hope he learned from Becton to use a little bit extra caution.

On 9/2/2022 at 3:41 PM, ekill08x said:

Nah hes going to be a June 1st cut. 

Isn't is dead cap hit like $14M if he's cut next year?  I don't see them eating that.  I think in 2024 I saw it goes under $10M or something so maybe 2024 would be a cut year but I think it's a lock he's here in 2023 now.

Ya Flacco should not be starting week 1. I get it he might find something deep down going against his old team but he has nothing left in him. I knid of wish we went with White and if he faild do the switch at half to Flacco. White has a chance to put up huge numbers and do well like the game last year. Flacco has no chance to do that.