Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

They run mostly 2 LBs but yes it's a risk with injuries.  I wouldn't be surprised if they see Whitehead as a 3rd LB then they have Joyner and Davis/Adams back there.

Nas still looks lost, Sherwood looks like a player at least.

Might drop Joyner and/or Whitehead into the box more if a situation like that happened. 

In about an hour my guess is that Shepard, Davis are swapped for waiver claims.  Maybe a new OT as well finds their way onto the roster.

Must say I really love the TE/WR room.  Like the CB and DL rooms outside of Shepard.

I think we are fine at LB for now and if we can land a starting caliber S (Jefferson, Tartt, etc.) I think we'll be fine at S.

There is no reason this team can't be competitive.  Plenty of weapons, OL is solid, defense should be good enough to keep games close.  Time to go out and prove it.

Edited by Rockice_8

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Wyatt Davis was 1st team All American as a RS SOPH OG in one of the most successful college programs in the country.  The dude was a big time prospect and on paper was a steal where they got him.  But injuries slowed his college career, was hurt that last season at Ohio State as a RS JR and fell in the draft because of it, did not get any real playing time last year, was decent in the preseason but the NFL is so competitive the guy is cut.  Could easily get on the Vikings practice squad and still develop.

Mond, played good week 1 preseason then week 2 and 3 did not as much.  Has a good arm but still is pretty raw, was drafted because of his athletic ability but does not always use it and does lack confidence, but they needed a QB and he was the best one in the draft at the time they selected him.  He also I assume will be on the Vikings practice squad because the NFL is so competitive to even make a roster, look at all the guys recently drafted last season that were straight up cut.

Vera-Tucker plays and starts so of course they won that as of right now.

But do not forget the Vikings did get Christian Darrisaw in that trade as well, and he started last year at LT, did ok but not sure Vera-Tucker was any better than Darrisaw when healthy.  And Vera-Tucker plays an easier position, if he was at LT he would be struggling big time I think but is obviously better at OG and at times in college I thought Darrsaw would be a better OG also.  So it is not a total loss, and Darrisaw did not even participate in preseason last year, so was thrown in without much prep time, will see how he does this year with actual prep time and off season work unlike last year where he was coming off an injury and missed basically all of the preseason and offseason stuff.  

Point is the Jets got bashed for giving up 2 3rds and the players selected with those picks have been cut after just 1 year. 

Darrisaw does not matter in the equation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think we should bring in Wyatt Davis and Leatherman. I would love to have those two young talented guys in. Maybe this team could turn them around. 

I would give Wyatt Davis a chance, I was a big fan. We really need a swing tackle though. There is no way to feel comfortable with Mitchell being one injury away from starting. He was always going to be a project. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

We lost Pinncok

Only guy we lost I'm upset about honestly.  Thought he had really good potential to push Joyner as early as this year.  It's really a head scratcher because if Adams was worth keeping and Pinnock was struggling why did we not see Adams moving into a bigger role with the 2's.  Seems like Pinnock and Parks were both entrenched there the whole time yet we kept Adams.

Very confused because they probably could have waivered Adams and got him back since he was a UDFA rookie.  Very surprised we didn't grab a safety at the every least.  I think JetsXfactor is doing a film review on Adams very curious to see what he did to get him on the roster because admittedly I wasn't watching him closely since Pinnock and Parks were doing so well.

I know he's a freak athlete and a big hitter but that's about it.