Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

To be fair teams generally release guys they want back early so they can clear waivers sooner so a lot of these guys could return to the practice squad if they clear waivers but I expect Guidry, Anae to get picked up. 

Guidry is a surprise. If we’re cutting him and keeping Dunn or Hardee, that’s a bad decision. Guidry is good in the slot and now we only have Carter for the slot

35 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

The pain is too much

You knew this was going to happen. He will be a PS guy unless a team like Seattle grabs him. I also would like to point out the 49ers are keeping Jimmy G. I think the 49ers are not happy with how Lance is playing. I was not a fan of his coming into the draft. The guy had a year off and played in 1AA school before that. Then you add in sitting for a year. He has had no games in over 2 years. Crazy

40 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Guidry is a surprise. If we’re cutting him and keeping Dunn or Hardee, that’s a bad decision. Guidry is good in the slot and now we only have Carter for the slot

I think Echols can play the slot. Hardee is an interesting one because he’s our best Gunner and Dunn is depth at Outside CB, he’s done enough to at least make it this far. Guidry is definitely a guy I thought had a spot going forward. 

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think Echols can play the slot. Hardee is an interesting one because he’s our best Gunner and Dunn is depth at Outside CB, he’s done enough to at least make it this far. Guidry is definitely a guy I thought had a spot going forward. 

I'd rather have cut Hardee and kept Guidry. Surely we have someone else that can gun. Ya maybe not to the same level of Hardee. But I'd rather have that slot depth after Carter with Guidry than have a gunner that's above average. Hardee wasn't the elite gunner he was in the past for us last year. Maybe it was bc his numbers were a tad skewed playing in NOLA and them not punting too often compared to us that punts a ton. But he for me isn't worth a roster spot just for gunning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I'd rather have cut Hardee and kept Guidry. Surely we have someone else that can gun. Ya maybe not to the same level of Hardee. But I'd rather have that slot depth after Carter with Guidry than have a gunner that's above average. Hardee wasn't the elite gunner he was in the past for us last year. Maybe it was bc his numbers were a tad skewed playing in NOLA and them not punting too often compared to us that punts a ton. But he for me isn't worth a roster spot just for gunning. 

It's a tough thing to judge until we see it without him in that role. We've let go of key special teams guys in the past and it came back to hurt the unit. Not sure I'd trade the consistency there for more depth in an already deep room. Reed/Gardner/Hall/Carter/Echols/Dunn is a damn good room with Pinnock having some flexibility to play Outside CB if needed. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It's a tough thing to judge until we see it without him in that role. We've let go of key special teams guys in the past and it came back to hurt the unit. Not sure I'd trade the consistency there for more depth in an already deep room. Reed/Gardner/Hall/Carter/Echols/Dunn is a damn good room with Pinnock having some flexibility to play Outside CB if needed. 

But Carter is the only slot CB in that whole group is my point. You move any of the others to the slot and that's not their game. We with cutting Guidry have made in 1 move that if Carter goes down we're already having to play a guy like Hall in a position for him not to succeed.