Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

10 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I love that we kept Knight though. I can see them becoming a 3-headed monster backfield. 

Best backfield we've had since TJ and LT.  

Nice to have stability at PR/KR if something happens to Berrios with Knight.  Hope the run blocking issues we've seen are just PS vanilla schemes.  Given how well we did last year and the upgrades we've made at LT and OG and the new talent at RB we should be able to keep the 3rd downs manageable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

So what do we still need to cut roughly 7-8 guys or so to get to 53?

Should be easy:  Curry, Davis, Wesco, Davis, Shepard, Johnson, Zuniga.  However, there is a reason I am sitting at a desk and not in an NFL FO.

Just now, xrade said:

Should be easy:  Curry, Davis, Wesco, Davis, Shepard, Johnson, Zuniga.  However, there is a reason I am sitting at a desk and not in an NFL FO.

If we cut Davis does that mean we are rolling with Joyner, Tony Adams, and Whitehead as our only safeties? Don't think he's gone just yet unless we sign Tartt or someone else. 

The team obviously knows more than we do about these guys but still they make some head scratching decisions. Shepherd over Marshall is crazy to me. Pinnock was in a tough spot, a lot of competition and no Safety besides Parks really STOOD OUT though no one besides Joyner looked bad and he makes the initial cut. 

2 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

If we cut Davis does that mean we are rolling with Joyner, Tony Adams, and Whitehead as our only safeties? Don't think he's gone just yet unless we sign Tartt or someone else. 

Ahh, you have fallen into the trap.  Hall will be our secret weapon at S.  All that run at CB was just to keep teams off guard.  Remember, JD and Saleh play 3-D chess.

Seriously though, Davis will have to remain until they figure something else out.  I was just naming players that should be cut based on what we have all seen on the field.

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The team obviously knows more than we do about these guys but still they make some head scratching decisions. Shepherd over Marshall is crazy to me. Pinnock was in a tough spot, a lot of competition and no Safety besides Parks really STOOD OUT though no one besides Joyner looked bad and he makes the initial cut. 

Kinda wish we made a move for CGJ after seeing how cheap the Eagles were able to get him. I'm sure the Saints would've preferred to trade him out of the conference and not to another NFC contender.

• Like 1

I would not read much into these cuts. Most of these guys that get cut sign right back as PS guys. None of the guys we cut would make a 53 team roster in the NFL. They have to wait unti injuries hit. Remember you can grab anyone off another teams PS player if you want. That was part of the rules years ago.