Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Couldn’t just cut him then?

Depends on what they want. If they have some sort of value in his veteran presence then this would be the way to keep him around. 

The process for cut downs in this type of situation is that if you are putting a guy on IR you make the player you are cutting aware of the fact that you are only cutting them to IR someone and then you are bringing them back. 

Sure there's a risk that another team makes a big offer but it's fairly unlikely. Basically you pick a guy that you know will be back in the fold without any issue.

On 9/2/2022 at 6:56 AM, jetfuel34 said:

For the people that want to get ride of corey Davis my question is why? He is at least a WR2/3 on any NFL team and a WR 1 on some. He has speed, hands and seems to get some seperation too. He is also not that old and hitting his prime. This is a guy you should resign not cut in my book. 

Cap.

2 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Cap.

He’ll be making $11M in 2023. A high number, but considering where WR contracts are heading, assuming this offseason was NOT an anomaly, he may be a bargain. If he does not produce, he may be cut. If he plays well, he’ll be here.

With that said, if he does not play a full season or get 1000yds or become a Red Zone menace, he most likely will be cut. We already have an in-house replacement. Maybe 2, but that might be a stretch. 

I think Davis, JFM, and Lawson's situation will be based on a lot. If they perform up to expectations or outperform, they could be kept or have contracts reworked. At the same time, they're surrounded with competition that could potentially perform well enough to make the organization believe we'll be fine without either one of them. This goes for our new TE's as well (trade not released). 

Their health plays a huge part as well. I'm just going to wait and see the situation play out before I one to cut. 

10 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I believe our defense will be ranked between 23rd-17th this year. Offense will be between 14th-20th. 

You think the D is going to be that good. I think the D is around 25-30 rank. I think Sauce is a HUGE plus but JJ will not put up much this year. I expect Clemons to do better than JJ. I think or LB besides Mosley are going to be very weak this year. 

The O on the other hand could be middle ground if Wilson does his job. If we see the old Zach Wilson we will be 29-32 rank. If Wilson does well they wil be around 12-17 range. 

I think we end up at 6-11. I could see us as high as 10-7 that is if everything goes right and as low as 2-15 when the wheels fall off. I know it is a big range but that is how crazy this season could be.

1 hour ago, Dalan162 said:

Do you guys expect Hall to split carries with Carter or is he going to be a workhorse ?

I think it’s going to be close to 50/50. I expect Carter to get a little more passing work. But Hall to get goal line and short yardage touches. Have to remember teams don’t care about fantasy football. They’ll play the hot hand and have fresh legs.

4 hours ago, Dalan162 said:

Do you guys expect Hall to split carries with Carter or is he going to be a workhorse ?

I think they split in week 1 and by week 2 Hall is the workhorse. They see the damage he can do compared to Carter. I like Carter a lot but I like him as our 3rd down back. Remember Carter has never been a work horse in college or NFL. I think Hall has a big year. I would see him around 1200 yards and 8 TD's.