Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

I’ve seen enough from last year towards the end of the season to feel optimistic. Issue is there’s so many variables involved with becoming a great team. Once you get there you usually stay there until you deviate too far away from what got you there. 

We have 0 clear weaknesses but also minimal clear strengths that we can depend on right now week in and week out. Rex had Revis and the OL. He knew they would show up every week could carry us. Once we find that then we’ll take off. 

I think this is going to be a frustrating year but in a good way.  Some weeks the pass rush and secondary will look amazing, some weeks they may get torched.  Some weeks we probably rush for 200+ yards then some weeks the offense stalls.  I see a lot of high highs, hopefully the lows aren't too low and we compete in most of the games.  After the season the NFL will see the Jets as the team on the rise and challenge Buffalo for the division.

38 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think this is going to be a frustrating year but in a good way.  Some weeks the pass rush and secondary will look amazing, some weeks they may get torched.  Some weeks we probably rush for 200+ yards then some weeks the offense stalls.  I see a lot of high highs, hopefully the lows aren't too low and we compete in most of the games.  After the season the NFL will see the Jets as the team on the rise and challenge Buffalo for the division.

I also expect us to get heavy criticism right out of the gate bc of the schedule. We might only win a game or 2 before the bye week. So the media will bash us. But we can rattle off some wine to finish the year for optimism. The key for me if we are in fact losing early as most of us expect…. is to takeaway be able to hang in those games. Not look like we don’t belong on the same field as the opponent. Which we’ve don’t several times every year for a long time now. 

23 hours ago, Big T said:

First of all, there are no easy games in the NFL, we have heard it year in and year out. On any given day any team can be beat, that would include the S.B. Champs being beaten by the worse team in football. True, but I'm pretty sure teams that have the Jets on their schedule believe it will be a win,  Fans too.

So get over the schedule facing the Jets, good teams win. Period! As a team you need the horses to be in the game (granted) but a simple bounce of the ball can determine the outcome of a game. Also true, but the Jets are not a good team until proven otherwise.  While I am optimistic, I need to see real results.

So praying that we can get through the first 5 games with a win or two, quiet frankly makes me think you should be rooting for another team. Every team in the NFL begins the season with the same record 0-0.  Praying for a win or two is reality and has nothing to do with loyalty.

If the Jets have vastly improved at the QB position as they believe they have, added a blue chip RB, WR, and TE, and signed 2 more TE's, I expect the Jets to be formidable as an offense. The OL has improved as well after adding Tomlinson. The Jets have a bonafide OL to contend with.  Again, it needs to be proven on the field of play.

But let's not stop there, they added arguably the best CB in the draft in Sauce, and a top 8 player in J.J. on their war room board. Not to mention the FA's they added on defense.  Until the rooks show what they are capable of, they are just prospects.  Again, I am optimistic.

Berrios is right, anything less than the playoffs should be considered a failure. The Jets have vastly improved, will it translate to the field?  Will it?  All players should consider making the playoffs a minimum season requirement, else why play?

Zac is going to be called upon to be a game manager with the upside of improvising and calling his own shots from time to time. So if your expecting a Mahomes transformation in year 2 your kidding yourself.  That may be how they approach ZW's development this year but I hope they will take the reins off in the very near future.  If all we wanted was a game manager, Mac Jones would have been a better selection.

The Jets have to beat the teams considered contenders or the good teams for 2 reasons 1. Respect 2.Be considered playoff threats.  Totally agree, now lets see it.

17 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Becton in shape, passed his physics and activated off the PUP. Lawson and Uzomah as well. 

Love it.

Ya we really have to be smart in not jumping the gun on stuff with Becton. Media wants him to fail. So we need to be careful what we believe.

LOVE seeing Carl Lawson is back healthy, not even on PUP. Great news, now please please stay healthy! 

Great seeing Becton back looking good and ready, he is a important piece to this team. If Becton stay healthy and plays up to his ability, our OL can be elite. 

47 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I like that they just came out and named Becton the RT

Not a shock since Fant played well there last year.  But Saleh stating that Becton's LT days are over (according to Rotoworld), makes me wonder why he may not view Becton as a LT when Fant is gone which may be after this season.

25 minutes ago, xrade said:

Not a shock since Fant played well there last year.  But Saleh stating that Becton's LT days are over (according to Rotoworld), makes me wonder why he may not view Becton as a LT when Fant is gone which may be after this season.

NOT over. Miss-quote from Schefter (who has become a sham) and has been reported wrong.