Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

On 7/30/2022 at 9:57 AM, NJC33 said:

How do you guys have this roster stacking up against the rest of the league? To me, playoffs should be a realistic expectation based on talent alone. We haven't had this combination of skill and continuity since 2010. This is a legitimate group on paper -- there's a difference between being young and talent and just young, the former shouldn't warrant the excuses of years past. 

RB: Top 10
WR: 10-15
OL: Top 10
TE: 10-15
DL: 10-15 (w/ upside)
LB: 15-20 (Depth/Importance is mitigated by scheme, Mosley with Kwon/Quincy should be solid)
DB: 15-20 (w/ upside)

Obviously a lot rides on the development of Wilson and to a lesser extent Saleh, and sure, probably still a year away from hitting stride, but this is a team on paper that should be playing meaningful games in December. 

I think it has more to do with our schedule. I think we’re a talented team, but young. The team will go as Wilson does. We’re a playoff team if he can be Burrow or Herbert in year 2. But that’s optimistic. We also have a very tough division. All 3 other teams are good and well coached.

All in all I think we’re too young and have too hard of a schedule to make the playoffs. But I think we trend in the right direction. I expect the critics to be on our @$$ to start out the year with how much we were praised all off-season and start out rough bc we’re young and have hard games for nearly 2 months straight. But by seasons end I think the roster shows out to end the season and we float around that .500 mark. With such a young team… that’s good for us. Next year is where we can talk about playoffs if everyone or mostly everyone progresses the way they should.

I expect us to be competitive this year, maybe not make the play offs but at least be in the hunt for it. It’s all gonna fall on the shoulders of Zach and the DL, can he take that next step like some of us believe he can and can our DL play up to the ability we know they can play.

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Man it would be nice if Wilson could cut back on thise INT's. If he does not cut back it will be a very long season and long off season. 

The int’s weren’t the problem. He had a rough start to the season with picks as most rookies are prone to do. After his return, his int rate was pretty good.

The problem is that those int’s are magnified by only throwing 9 TD’s and 2300 yards. Had he thrown for 3500 yds and over 20 TD’s we would not be talking about this.

• Like 1

I hate the way they report things from camp honestly.

Wilson throws a pick and it’s a terrible pass, White throws one and it means nothing.

Hall gets beat for a touchdown and he got beat. 
Gardner gets beat for a touchdown and it’s great ball placement

Becton gets beat off the EDGE and it’s Becton got beat 

Tomlinson and McGovern get beat inside by Q and it’s pressure up the middle causes a sack. 

The narrative and reporting is always gonna be different based on how likable you are or where the expectations are. 

It’s training camp, things are rarely gonna be one sided yet certain players aren’t allowed to make mistakes, get beat, etc…

Edited by KingOfNewYork
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Wilson throws a pick and it’s a terrible pass, White throws one and it means nothing.

Becton gets best off the EDGE and it’s Becton got beat 

Tomlinson and McGovern get beat inside by Q and it’s pressure up the middle causes a sack. 

The narrative and reporting is always gonna be different based on how likable you are or where the expectations are. 

It’s training camp, things are rarely gonna be one sided yet certain players aren’t allowed to make mistakes, get beat, etc…

Agreed and Cimini can kick rocks ( the very G rated version of what I think of him)

I believe this is the year we put the league on notice. After this season, people will start picking us. We may not make the playoffs, but we'll beat and challenge some contending teams. We have a much better shot in the first four weeks than most people think. All the games I feel like there are blow out potential are in the AFCE. 

• Like 2

On 7/30/2022 at 7:33 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

Becton gets beat off the EDGE and it’s Becton got beat 

Yup this is unfortunately how the media is. Negative attention for someone in the media is still attention. It's what's going to catch the eye of a viewer or ear of a listener. We have to as a fans take things with a grain of salt, and in essence trust the staff. Saleh isn't going to bench someone bc the media was bashing him. And that's a good thing.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I will be drafting Breece Hall in the 2nd/3rd round this year in my fantasy draft. I got 1.1 so my plan for my first 3 picks are JT, Mark Andrews, Breece

I would take someone else over Mark Andrews. Depending on how many teams you have you could have a very good WR fall to you or a Zeke or Barkley.