Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

But we don’t NEED to move Mims to get Jenkins. And if motivation and want to are issues with him then why put ourselves in that situation?

understood,.  I never have been a mims guy since pre draft  so I'm probably not the best judge here but in terms of value, i'd take Jenkins over Mims especially with Fant being on the last year of his deal

Edited by bcb1213

10 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

understood,.  I never have been a mims guy since pre draft  so I'm probably not the best judge here but in terms of value, i'd take Jenkins over Mims especially with Fant being on the last year of his deal

I guess I’m just saying it doesn’t have to be an either or. We can probably get Jenkins for little with how things are looking from Chicago.

14 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I guess I’m just saying it doesn’t have to be an either or. We can probably get Jenkins for little with how things are looking from Chicago.

that's fine.  it really all depends on what the asking price actually is

18 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think it’s possible we have a different leader in catches, yards and touchdowns at receiver. 

I see Moore and Davis being in on all 3 of those. Cant see any of them getting more work then those 2 if they can stay healthy. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I see Moore and Davis being in on all 3 of those. Cant see any of them getting more work then those 2 if they can stay healthy. 

I used health as a factor. I think accounting for injuries it's possible. Last year it was Berrios in catches, Moore in yards and touchdowns(he beat Davis by 1 in 2 more games)

Why the love for Jenkins?  If the Bears and their less than stellar OL want to dump him, why would the Jets want him? I get that we would all feel more comfortable with an OT that could fill in if needed, but Jenkins is probably not the guy.

Honestly, I’d rather Mitchell, Edoga or *gasp* even McDermott fill in if needed. Edoga and McDermott may suck, but at least they know the O. Jenkins sucks and does not know the O.

There still a couple of OT in FA that would be vastly better than Jenkins. 

Can we talk about how Jenkins doesn’t fit what this team is at all by the way. He’s on the trade block bc he lacks toughness, doesn’t grasp the system well and isn’t very motivated

Thats the exact opposite of how we’re building this team. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Can we talk about how Jenkins doesn’t fit what this team is at all by the way. He’s on the trade block bc he lacks toughness, doesn’t grasp the system well and isn’t very motivated

Thats the exact opposite of how we’re building this team. 

"Ryan Poles originally alluded to Jenkins being the only guy who stood up for Justin Fields last season. Being a former offensive lineman himself, Poles knows how important it is to have that nastiness within."

he doesn't have long arms which could be an issue at tackle.  But everything else this kid has scouting him from his college days.  If it's a third day pick, i don't see how you don't take a shot on him

22 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

"Ryan Poles originally alluded to Jenkins being the only guy who stood up for Justin Fields last season. Being a former offensive lineman himself, Poles knows how important it is to have that nastiness within."

he doesn't have long arms which could be an issue at tackle.  But everything else this kid has scouting him from his college days.  If it's a third day pick, i don't see how you don't take a shot on him

Never was a huge Jenkins. Would I welcome him for a late round pick for depth? Sure. But I wouldn't bank on him actually starting for us. I actually would rather see us build up Mitchell's strength and IQ this season and start him next season rather than thinking Jenkins can be a starter at OT. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Never was a huge Jenkins. Would I welcome him for a late round pick for depth? Sure. But I wouldn't bank on him actually starting for us. I actually would rather see us build up Mitchell's strength and IQ this season and start him next season rather than thinking Jenkins can be a starter at OT. 

No reason to bank on him being a starter.  Like Mitchell, he's a roll of the dice for a late round pick.  If either develop, great, if not you're not gonna find a guy of his pure physical talent in the late rounds anyhow