Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Was this the same media that said he was tearing it up last year too? 

I don’t recall them saying that. I recall them emphasizing him being low on the depth chart. Regardless of anything he has to do it in games but no one is forcing his value up to get a 4th round pick. 

22 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The media is making Mims look good so the Jets can get a 4th round pick? Or the Quarterbacks are forcing him the ball so he can get a 4th round pick? Or Mims is doing his best so we can get a 4th round pick? 

Option 1: Woody and JD had this secret meeting on Tuesday with the media and told them no matter how Mims looks guys, say he was a star a bunch this TC so we can get a 4th round pick for him.

Option 2: Mims is actually healthy for the 1st time in awhile this camp, knows the playbook from all positions and is comfortable now (something that does take WRs sometimes longer than other positions).

Which option seems logical?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Option 1: Woody and JD had this secret meeting on Tuesday with the media and told them no matter how Mims looks guys, say he was a star a bunch this TC so we can get a 4th round pick for him.

Option 2: Mims is actually healthy for the 1st time in awhile this camp, knows the playbook from all positions and is comfortable now (something that does take WRs sometimes longer than other positions).

Which option seems logical?

Clearly option 1. You know how helpful the New York media is. 

20 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

This is a tough spot assuming he balls out that is.  If he looks great in TC and someone gets desperate and offers up a 4th do you pull the trigger or do you keep him around for next season when he could fill the Corey Davis role?  The top 4 are set, Jeff Smith is a special teamer so he has value as a #5.  Do they keep 6 WRs though as insurance for injury and only give him limited snaps?  

I think the best bit is to move on even he he plays well (hopefully an early 4th from CHI maybe).  Use that pick in an area of greater need (ILB, S, OL depth, etc). 

Not yet. No need to make a trade now during training camp, plus why would we wanna thin out the WR corps that we've worked so hard to build up for ZW? We are 5 deep for the first time in what feels like forever. As others have said this is really Mims' first opportunity to come into camp truly at 100% and it's his third year now which is when many of these guys make that jump. Next year is a contract year for Corey Davis with no guaranteed money, depending how he plays this season he might have solid trade value in this inflated WR market. Smart move is to hold Mims, see what he can do this year, and reevaluate in the offseason. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Mims sucks. I don't care what reports come out of TC. They are making him look good to net a 4th round pick. The Bears are a team that will probably trade for him. The time to move him is now. He has 2 years left on his rookie deal so he is still cheap. Keeping him why down on the depth chart is a joke. The guy has nothing to offer but an average WR at best. Get that pick and move on. This is alomst the same situation as Harry from the Pats. 

Worst take I've seen all month.

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Do you not consider JFM a DE or are you saying it more from a pure pass rusher perspective?

I think JFMs position on the team is still undecided to be honest. I think that's something that we need to figure out in TC and PS. We have plenty of DE talent now to be able to slide him inside to DT. But can him and Q run stuff for us? They have to prove that. If teams are running all over us up the middle bc JFM is struggling to stop the run, then I think he only moves in to DT on obvious passing downs and works more in at DE. Rankins is still here we cant forget and the addition of Thomas might help this out as well. How good we can stop the run with Q, JFM, Rankins, Thomas will decide a lot.

For me I think bc of the group we have at DE... I'd like to keep JFM inside and let Lawson, Huff, JJ, Martin, Curry and Clemons handle the DE duties. That's what I'm cheering for. But the only glaring weakness we have maybe is run stuffing right up the gut. So it's time for guys to show they can do that. It's talent all over the place on our DL, so the talent is there. It's time to execute. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I think JFMs position on the team is still undecided to be honest. I think that's something that we need to figure out in TC and PS. We have plenty of DE talent now to be able to slide him inside to DT. But can him and Q run stuff for us? They have to prove that. If teams are running all over us up the middle bc JFM is struggling to stop the run, then I think he only moves in to DT on obvious passing downs and works more in at DE. Rankins is still here we cant forget and the addition of Thomas might help this out as well. How good we can stop the run with Q, JFM, Rankins, Thomas will decide a lot.

For me I think bc of the group we have at DE... I'd like to keep JFM inside and let Lawson, Huff, JJ, Martin, Curry and Clemons handle the DE duties. That's what I'm cheering for. But the only glaring weakness we have maybe is run stuffing right up the gut. So it's time for guys to show they can do that. It's talent all over the place on our DL, so the talent is there. It's time to execute. 

Saleh came out and said JFM will play EDGE in base and slide inside on passing downs. He’s the Armstead/Bennett of the defense.