Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Stop telling me what I’m acting like. I used Berrios as an example of them utilizing someone’s skill set. You’re defending Berrios like you’re his wife and I’m not even attacking him.

Not once did they think hmm what’s Mims good at, we’re down our top 3 guys let’s get him going in this aspect to help the offense.

I told y’all a million times these coaches do not adapt. 

You said "they found a way to utilize his strengths as a player", and I'm saying "he found a way to produce for the team".

I'm not defending Berrios. I'm comparing him to Mims as a player that earned a role. Mims could have done the same last year when everyone went down towards the end of the year and he didn't. Why is it on the coaches and not on player? That's the difference between our two arguments. I believe a player can carve a role out, and not depend on the coaching to include him because if you have talent, the coaches will find a way to get you on the field.

Just now, NJerseypaint said:

You said "they found a way to utilize his strengths as a player", and I'm saying "he found a way to produce for the team".

I'm not defending Berrios.

He didn’t a find a way, they put him a position to be successful. He was always capable, it came down to opportunity. Mims is capable, needs the opportunity and it starts with utilizing his strengths.

You are defending him.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Stop telling me what I’m acting like. I used Berrios as an example of them utilizing someone’s skill set. You’re defending Berrios like you’re his wife and I’m not even attacking him.

Not once did they think hmm what’s Mims good at, we’re down our top 3 guys let’s get him going in this aspect to help the offense.

I told y’all a million times these coaches do not adapt. 

You know what else bothers me?  How the coaches/Saleh can talk up Mims this offseason about how he's in great shape, he's having a great camp and then they don't find a way to get him on the field.  But they'll give Jeff Smith all the work with the 1s when possible.

• Like 1

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

You know what else bothers me?  How the coaches/Saleh can talk up Mims this offseason about how he's in great shape, he's having a great camp and then they don't find a way to get him on the field.  But they'll give Jeff Smith all the work with the 1s when possible.

Exactly. Saleh is the king of saying things people wanna hear and then do exactly the opposite.

4 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I'm not defending Berrios. I'm comparing him to Mims as a player that earned a role. Mims could have done the same last year when everyone went down towards the end of the year and he didn't. Why is it on the coaches and not on player? That's the difference between our two arguments. I believe a player can carve a role out, and not depend on the coaching to include him because if you have talent, the coaches will find a way to get you on the field.

Looking from the outside...coaches made a role for Berrios, put him in a position based on his strengths.  They forced Mims to do everything and didn't put him in a position to use his strengths. EDIT- didn't put him in a position for anything really.  Just said you can't learn the playbook or play ST and cast him aside.

Edited by jetsfan4life51