Current Josh Allen Or Peak Russell Wilson?

CP3MVP

Josh Allen or Peak Russell Wilson?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Josh Allen
    • Peak Russell Wilson

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

Lol imagine asking this question 3 years ago and having the majority say Josh Allen. 

Not just say Allen, that it's not even particularly close, which is INSANE lmao. People were calling him a surefire bust FFS, and now he's demolishing a future HoF'ers peak numbers. We should build Ken Dorsey and Jordan Palmer a statue.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

But yes, not even disparaging Wilson, one of the best QB's ever, a future HoF'er, but I would absolutely 100/100 times take Josh Allen right now over him at the peak of his powers. Allen's the most physically gifted QB ever and oh yeah he's also turned into a legitimately accurate and intelligent passer with no discernable weaknesses when he's on (which is about 85% of the time now, so he has room to get even better). If the OL can protect him even just marginally better this year he's going to handily win MVP. I'm saying it with my whole chest.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Not just say Allen, that it's not even particularly close, which is INSANE lmao. People were calling him a surefire bust FFS, and now he's demolishing a future HoF'ers peak numbers. We should build Ken Dorsey and Jordan Palmer a statue.

Because his accuracy in high school and college was that bad 

On 6/11/2022 at 8:31 PM, Xenos said:

Allen, because he had no physical limitations, could see the entire field, and make all the throws that Wilson’s lack of height prevented him from doing.

What throws? Wilson is one of the best deep ball passers ever 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

What throws? Wilson is one of the best deep ball passers ever 

Wilson’s size limitations causes him to have issues throwing to the short and intermediate middle of the field, especially when the pocket gets crowded. He just can’t see because he’s so short.

Peak Russ certainly had lots of heroics and style points (scramble drills), but he wasn't the most consistent guy ever. He always had a handful of "wtf was that" games throughout the season. Josh Allen appears to be unstoppable. There's no scheme that can fully contain him. He has an answer for everything.

I'm very thankful NYG went Saquon.

Edited by Art_Vandalay

58 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Peak Russ certainly had lots of heroics and style points (scramble drills), but he wasn't the most consistent guy ever. He always had a handful of "wtf was that" games throughout the season. Josh Allen appears to be unstoppable. There's no scheme that can fully contain him. He has an answer for everything.

I'm very thankful NYG went Saquon.

Uhhhhhh Wilson's defining trait for this career has literally been his consistency...

58 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Uhhhhhh Wilson's defining trait for this career has literally been his consistency...

Not saying he was inconsistent per se, but just not as consistent as people let on. Someone in the thread mentioned Russ' peak years as 2014-2017 so I just went with that. I know other variables come into play, but here are the number of games where his offense was held under 21.

Under 21 (Russ)
2014 - 6
2015 - 5
2016 - 6
2017 - 5

Under 21 (Josh)
2021 - 4
2020 - 3

The Legion of Boom bailed out Russ more than people remember. The Bills have a stacked defense too but a Josh Allen led offense just obliterates people.

9 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Not saying he was inconsistent per se, but just not as consistent as people let on. Someone in the thread mentioned Russ' peak years as 2014-2017 so I just went with that. I know other variables come into play, but here are the number of games where his offense was held under 21.

Under 21 (Russ)
2014 - 6
2015 - 5
2016 - 6
2017 - 5

Under 21 (Josh)
2021 - 4
2020 - 3

The Legion of Boom bailed out Russ more than people remember. The Bills have a stacked defense too but a Josh Allen led offense just obliterates people.

I mentioned those as his peak years but also very clearly said it's hard to define his peak because he's been so consistently good for his entire career sans this past year and probably 2016.

Russell Wilson didn't get "bailed out" by the LoB, Carroll's system is specifically designed to be run-first. The Seahawks would slither their way through games trying to go run-run-pass in a Darrell Bevell offense and then Wilson would have to cook up some abracadabra magic in the 4th Quarter to win the game, which he almost always did.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00/splits/

Look at his advanced splits for 4th quarter, and then trailing <2/<4 minutes to go.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 7:54 AM, CP3MVP said:

I don’t see how a team that doesn’t have one single elite skill position talent can be the best WR/RB core in the league. 

You hope guys like Jeudy and Sutton can be elite they haven’t proven it yet 

Sutton put up damn good numbers with some terrible QBs so not sure what you mean by he hasn't proven it. Jeudy, sure. But you're dead wrong on Sutton 

9 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Sutton put up damn good numbers with some terrible QBs so not sure what you mean by he hasn't proven it. Jeudy, sure. But you're dead wrong on Sutton 

1100 yards and 6 touchdowns is “damn good numbers”?

There are zero elite skill position players on the Broncos. 

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

1100 yards and 6 touchdowns is “damn good numbers”?

There are zero elite skill position players on the Broncos. 

If you knew who his QBs were those are damn good numbers for people like Trevor Simian, Drew Lock, and practice squad players throwing him the ball. 

Javonte Williams led the league in broken tackles last year and was a great Running back. 

oh yeah there's no way he will get more than 1100 yards and 6 touchdowns with a better QB. That's impossible. 

On 6/25/2022 at 8:46 AM, BullsandBroncos said:

You think Courtland Sutton has proven to be an elite WR…?